5-Pin Range Finder Bow Sight

SIRTEX1
Spotter

5-Pin Range Finder Bow Sight

Post by SIRTEX1 »

it be cool if the 5-Pin Range Finder Bow Sight fit the new Compound Bow "Pulsar" :D :D :D :D

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: 5-Pin Range Finder Bow Sight

Post by Tod1d »

Sounds like a suggestion to me...
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Any bow hunter or archer knows that the mounting locations and sizes on compound and modern recurves are standardized from the manufactures same with bow sights. there are very few if any that use custom sight mounting. So a rangefinder sight or five pin sight from the pulsar could go on any of the compound bows in the game and even 2 of the recurves.

That being said I believe it is a balance thing and a sales thing. Would you have bought the pulsar 5pin sight if the rangefinder sight fit it?

Now don't get me wrong I would love a five pin sight on the snakebite but I don't think it will happen.
Spoiler:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:...

Now don't get me wrong I would love a five pin sight on the snakebite but I don't think it will happen.
I wish that for Christmas, long time asking this
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

It is indeed all about balance and how it is at the moment is fine :) All can be shot no problem with a little practice!
_UZUMAKI_BR_

Post by _UZUMAKI_BR_ »

I also think a good suggestion, the compound bows should share the same sights
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

_UZUMAKI_BR_ wrote:I also think a good suggestion, the compound bows should share the same sights
The sights are one of the features that sets them apart, and are part of the balancing pros/cons.
Elrique64
Spotter

Post by Elrique64 »

Compound bows use the same industry standard mounting system on the risers and have for a good many years. There were a few companies that tried their own mounting systems. They are either out of business now or have converted to the industry standard years ago. (After a limited production run.) Hoyt was once of these manufacturers. I had a riser from their "proprietary" sight mounting system. And got a letter in the mail about 3 months after I sold the bow offering a free exchange on my riser. I informed the "new" owner and then mailed off the exchange form for the new riser for him. A week later we had him shooting with it and a real nice fiber optic bow sight for the first time on that bow.

It gave that bow a new lease on life, allowed the "new" hunter to take a few deer with it and then pass it on to his own kids as they developed the interest.

To claim that this is a "balancing"" issue doesn't ring all that true. It more sounds like a marketing ploy to make people buy EM$ so they have to buy a different bow so they can then buy the sight that should have already been an option for an existing bow they already own... (At least if we look at industry standards IRL...) If the sight were on option on the Snakebite now, I would add the EM$ in a heartbeat for the option. (If you look at most of my kills now, they are with either the Snakebite or the TenPoint Crossbow. In fact I have shot more from those 2 than all the other weapons I have in game combined... And I'm not going to even ask why we have to have 2 30-06 lever actions and only 2 30-06 bolts in game... Someone within the dev team hasn't been doing much RL research, IMO.)
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”