Scope Rings

Foxtrotter
Scout

Scope Rings

Post by Foxtrotter »

On more than a handfull of hunts these guys would have been useful. I know adding scope rings to the game would mean requiring another key mapping to toggle between rings (open sights) and the mounted scope as well as another sub-slot off of the scope in the inventory gui. As well as some behind the scenes work from our dev team.

The addition of such an item would have its benefits. Other than the obvious abiliy to swap between scoped view and ironsight view, we would be able to pan around while looking through the scope rings faster than we currently can through the scope. We can keep our weapon shouldered for faster responce while keeping movements subtle. More on this last point, raising and lowering a firearm is far more movement than is required in my opinion and has far more potential to spook nearby pray.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Scope Rings

Post by caledonianblues »

I would love proper mounts and rings in the game. I suggested it a long time ago, since it would allow all scopes to be used on all weapons. Obviously that would impact the balance which has been built up over the years, but the main reason it's most likely not going to happen is because of the way the scoping system works now. From what I understand it's a pretty restricted system, making it difficult (without a lot of work) for some of the scopes to work on some of the weapons. Implementing mounts and rings would require probably all of the scope 3D models to be changed, plus as you mentioned, the loadout interface would have to be updated. It would be a significant bit of work and at the end, everyone would be required to buy new equipment to use scopes, which might not go down so well.

Good idea in principle, but given the volume of weapons and scopes already in the game, pretty unlikely to ever happen.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: Scope Rings

Post by Foxtrotter »

I hear ya David. That's a lot of work to implement something seemingly so simple.
I guess they should have listened to you before when the list of weapons and scopes weren't as broad as it is now, huh!
Thanks for shooting down my suggestion haha. I know not all ideas are good ideas and even some good ideas are too difficult to implement due to resources / costs vs. cost recovery. You have to admit however that scope rings would be a nice addition. However I definitely understand the reasons why it could never happen.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”