Modern 30-06?

AngryBadger
Tracker

Modern 30-06?

Post by AngryBadger »

Does anyone else think it would be cool to have a 30-06 in a modern rifle? I know we have the WW2 one, and the lever action, but it's such a good cartridge, I think it'd be great to have one in a modern rifle. The Howa in Harvest Moon pattern looks great, or even just based on any of the currenty modern 30-06's, like Tikka, CZ, Remington etc.
NoxNoctura

Re: RE: Modern 30-06?

Post by NoxNoctura »

AngryBadger wrote:Does anyone else think it would be cool to have a 30-06 in a modern rifle? I know we have the WW2 one, and the lever action, but it's such a good cartridge, I think it'd be great to have one in a modern rifle. The Howa in Harvest Moon pattern looks great, or even just based on any of the currenty modern 30-06's, like Tikka, CZ, Remington etc.
I like this idea. I have a Remington 700 BDL and would love to have one in game...its my favorite rifle.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Tinticker

Re: Modern 30-06?

Post by Tinticker »

Agree - my IRL one is a simple Howa 1500, but a Sako, Tikka or Remington would be the best.
Kosanderi
Tracker

Post by Kosanderi »

Most bang for buck solutions IMO are Howa and Tikka. CZ is just slightly under those two and Sako is bit over priced but highest quality of them all. I have to say that Rem 700 would be the last choise and the only reason to choose it would be to customize it to the point where there are no original parts left.

Then the caliber... 30-06 is a good accurate caliber, but the thing is that 308 does pretty much everything 30-06 does with short actioned receiver. Then again if more power was needed the long action is a good choise, but then again 300WM, 338WM, 300WSM etc. would be a better choise. Today there are so many great calibers out there that to me 30-06 has just too much competition and I have to say better competition.
Spoiler:
Dirtclod
Outfitter

Post by Dirtclod »

Gets my vote.
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Here is another possible "modern" .30-06 Springfield to consider:
Mossberg "Patriot Walnut with Adjustable Rifle Sights," Model #27906. Photo courtesy of O.F. Mossberg & Sons.

It has a very traditional look yet has modern features:

• Barrel Length: 22" (55.88cm)
  • Weight/Mass: 7lbs (3.175kg)
  • Overall Length: 42.75" (108.585cm)
  • Capacity: 4+1 Detachable Magazine
  • Adjustable Rifle Sights w/ Weaver-Style Mounting Slots
  • Monte Carlo Cheek Rest/Riser Stock

In my opinion, this rifle could be the "US equivalent" of the 8x57 IS rifle relationships (i.e. 1780 D FL Anschutz/K98; Patriot/1903 Springfield). The rifles specifications are very similar to the 1780 Anschutz and the newly introduced .308 Merkel RX-Helix "bolt action".

A nice side-note is that the MSRP is only $545 right now, and my local store has them around ~$450. Perhaps, if this gets introduced, make the pricing a similar 545Ems? ;)
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

UNDGND16

Re: RE: Modern 30-06?

Post by UNDGND16 »

NoxNoctura wrote: I like this idea. I have a Remington 700 BDL and would love to have one in game...its my favorite rifle.
I had the 700 BDL custom deluxe in 7mm Rem Mag, best rifle I ever owned !
JD3006

Post by JD3006 »

I love this idea..

Since we have a Blaser I would like to see another top brand like Sauer.

in particular the Sauer Forest rifle in 30-06

but I know Licencing product names is an issue so something along this style would be good
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

I am all for it that a Remington rifle should be added to the game, an M40A1 I.e.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Heym SR21 Super Classic. It's a great gun and that's why I ordered one (Arrives in September, already super hyped :D ).
It's a Mauser Style Turnbolt action, that locks in the barrel with 3 lugs. It has a 3 position safety and detachable 3- and optional 5 round magazine.
The Super Classic version of the gun sports a straight Grade 5 European Walnut stock with German cheekpiece, red 1 inch recoil pad,
both front sight and sling swivel soldered onto the barrel and a rear express sight with one fine flip up rear sight. The barrel is 24 inches.
Just please no Monte Carlo stocks.

EDIT: Forgot the 850 gram trigger with absolutely no creep and the Heym pivot mount.

Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”