Re: Weatherby Mark V

Post by Milic »

Reggyboi wrote:one in an arid camo would be nice released with bovines on BRR
That would be nice!
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

If we were to get one of these... which I would love I would want either .240 Wb mag, .257 Wb mag or their original .300 Wb mag maybe a 416 would be cool if we ever get Africa or a 460...

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
2mag4u
Spotter

Post by 2mag4u »

thewindiw wrote:If we were to get one of these... which I would love I would want either .240 Wb mag, .257 Wb mag or their original .300 Wb mag maybe a 416 would be cool if we ever get Africa or a 460...
I don't think we are going to have another .300, Wby or not. The .257 Wby Mag would be awesome.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Thinking its time for a new rifle myself, highly considering the .340 Weatherby Magnum, but think Im going to wait an see if they come out with a synthetic variant first. Any talks of this being offered in the near future?
churchcc12

Post by churchcc12 »

I think a 257 wby mag would be the best compromise of the weatherby cartridges. 270 wby would not be a bad idea either though. 257 could fill a niche for long distance sheep/deer hunters especially. The 6.5x55 is the closest competitor to a 257 wby, and IMO the best way to balance these two would go like this: the 257 wby would have a capacity of 3 or less (maybe a model based on a ruger no 1 single shot??) with significant recoil. If it was a bolt action similar in model to the 340 wby in game already it would need to have a similar cycling speed to make sure that the 6.5 would not become obsolete. One other consideration would be the permitted species. Based on the opinions I have seen regarding the 257 I think cutting it off at reindeer would be the best compromise for balance with the 6.5 and realism. This gives the 6.5 an advantage in that it can be used for red deer and hogs/wild boar, but the 257 would be a much faster round. Given a slower firing speed and less capacity, I think it would fit in wonderfully for long-distance shooters and people who want to focus on deer, sheep and goats while not making the 6.5 useless.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”