Weatherby Mark V

Milic
Outfitter

Weatherby Mark V

Post by Milic »

MARK V
INTRODUCING THE NEW MARK V

Featuring the first significant refinements of this classic rifle since its original introduction in 1958.

The New Mark V® stocks have been ergonomically enhanced with a slimmer forearm and sharper, more distinctive lines and contours. The grip diameter has been reduced, a slight right-hand palm swell has been added and overall weight reduced. The lighter weight results in increased comfort, control, quicker to the shoulder mounting, and faster target acquisition.

The Mark V® trigger has always been outstanding, and now we’ve made it even better with the introduction of the LXX™ Trigger. The engagement surfaces are precision ground and polished. Overall tolerances refined. A new, wider trigger face increases trigger-to-finger contact, all for a more consistent and comfortable pull. Adjustable down to 2.5 lbs., the new LXX™ Trigger will amaze you with every single round fired.

The New Mark V® rifles all come with our SUB-MOA accuracy guarantee. Our handlapped barrels ensure that the bullet’s flight path will be true and consistent and when combined with the enhanced shooter experience of the New Mark V®, it is the best rifle you will ever purchase. Now, no matter which Weatherby® rifle you choose, whether it’s an Ultra Lightweight for sheep hunting in Alaska or an Accumark for whitetails in Texas, you can trust every shot will be right on the money - guaranteed.

antonio32
Scout

Re: Weatherby Mark V

Post by antonio32 »

I like this model.
EW, please fix the reloading animation for the Colt SAA .45 LC revolvers!!!
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

The Mk. V Safari is an extremely beautiful gun. I would love to see it in TH.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
2mag4u
Spotter

Post by 2mag4u »

Milic wrote:Image

I would like to see one of these two as a second .340 Weatherby 8-) :twisted:

Here are they:

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifle ... cmark.html

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifle ... elite.html
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

The Safari looks cool.
Fireash
Scout

Post by Fireash »

MooseHunter330 wrote:The Mk. V Safari is an extremely beautiful gun. I would love to see it in TH.
+1
antonio32
Scout

Post by antonio32 »

I would like another Weatherby Mark V! But I would like it with fall camo plastic stock based on this one on picture below to fit the new reserve. The caliber? Well, this one is really special. I would like it in .270 Weatherby Magnum, for a long range shooting.

Weatherby factory loads drive a 100 grain bullet at 3,760 fps, a 130 grain bullet at 3,375 fps, a 140 grain bullet at 3,250-3,300 fps, and a 150 grain bullet at 3,245 fps. The 100 grain bullet is strictly for varmints, and this big .270 burns too much powder to be a reasonable varmint rifle. The 130 and 140 grain bullets are fine for antelope, deer, sheep, and goats. The 150 grain bullet would seem to be the best bullet for large game.

The "Rifle Trajectory Table" shows that when the 130 grain bullet is zeroed in such a way as to keep to keep the maximum rise and fall within plus or minus three inches from the line of sight, the .270 Wby. Mag. is about a 326 yard deer rifle. This gives it an advantage over the newer .270 WSM.
EW, please fix the reloading animation for the Colt SAA .45 LC revolvers!!!
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

The .270 Wby. Mag. would be a great addition. It is one of the most popular of all Weatherby cartridges.
Milic
Outfitter

Post by Milic »

I have done a little hunting on Whiterime Ridge with the new .340 Wby. Mag. rifle. Wow! All I can say it is wow! Great job EW! I have come to conclusion that the .45-70 Govt and .340 Wby. Mag. rifles are the best for this reserve, we have three very large species and all three are dangerous. I think it would be great to have another .340 Wby. Mag., but it would be great to have it in plastic stock, little different than the one we have which is pure classic. Maybe something like this:

Reggyboi

Post by Reggyboi »

one in an arid camo would be nice released with bovines on BRR

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”