The "Mission Master Rifle"

NormanM7
Spotter

Re: The "Mission Master Rifle"

Post by NormanM7 »

Love the idea, and it's just a muzzle loader so it's not like hunters wouldn't have a drive to buy a bolt action or lever action. Hey, you have to look at it from the game maker's perspective too, they deserve to make money. Also, I would LOVE to see a flintlock in the game! Even if it's made into a smoothbore, which would be far less accurate than the cap and ball rifled musket! Also, if made into a smoothbore flintlock musket as stated, then it would still give the gamers incentive to buy the cap and ball rifled musket :P Yes, all my yes! 200,000 is kind of excessive though. I mean, you would HAVE to buy basically all the firearms that are needed in the missions.

.308 Anschütz, .44 Magnum revolver, .270 Rifle, .300 Rifle, 12ga Blaser O/U, Tenpoint Fusion Crossbow, Parker Python Crossbow, .223, Aimpoint, and I'm probably missing some, in spite of being something of a Mission hunter myself. You have to put down some SERIOUS money, and do some SERIOUS hunting, to get 200,000 gm$ collected. The only firearm you can buy with gm$, the single shot shotgun, is what, 6300? How about we make the Mission Master Muzzlestuffer Musket (Funny name, eh?) 50,000 gm$?

I think that'd be more manageable, while still being a challenge, and as stated before, making it a smoothbore would still give the C&B rifled musket the advantage of accuracy. I have over 100 hunter score, spent $15 to get Wayfarer membership which gave me the pump action shotgun and .357 revolver as well as the ability to hunt all animals for 3 months, then spent another $25 or so to get the predator (jackrabbit) call, camo jacket, camo pants, camo cap, .22lr pistol, Kar98k (and scope), C&B rifled musket, and the longbow, yet I've only made about 25,000 gm$ in total, however due to spending, I've only got 13,000 left, having spent the 6,300 or so that was necessary to get the single shot shotgun (Trusty Rusty as I call it :P).

So yeah, I personally think 200,000 gm$ is a wee bit excessive, unless you're cool with spending over $40 in firearms, plus another $15+ for a membership so as to hunt all these animals.

P.S. Deconstructed, love your pic lol Same with Nexis' gif

Edit: Hunters will also need to purchase climbing gear with their gm$ so as to hunt the Alpine Ibex, so I think going for the utmost limit will make this a REALLY rare buy for hunters. I'm talking only a handful of people managing to get it, something so rare that the average gamer will never see it, let alone own it, because let's face it, very few people want to spend over $50 on a game that's given free just to spend several months on doing missions so that they can get a musket, this coming from someone who REALLY wants a flintlock so as to do Lt. Sharpe proud B) Cheers to anyone who got that reference lol
Nexis981
Tracker

Post by Nexis981 »

I am back after a long abstinence :)
Since the start of this Thread many years are gone into the land. So i wanted to revive my old Idea of a Mission Master Rifle :)
@ ew: please remember, the Flintlock Musket and the Engraving was only a flexible suggestion. Feel free to imagine a own idea for a Mission Master Rifle and/or Engraving.
Maybe a H&K G11 (Just a Joke). But it should be exclusive and classy. And only buyable with gm$.

NormanM7, your Idea with a Mission Rifle for 50'000 gm$ is also good. But for that low price i would only call it a "Mission Starter RIfle" ^^
So a Mission Master Rifle should be very (much more) expensive and unique. A very exklusive Weapon, which only can get bought by gm$.
Since the start of this thread many many Missions got added, so the maximum amount of possible gm$ should be increased now.
@ ew: this high price would reduce the amount of gm$ in circulation. I think i do not need to list the advantages of this fact. *wink wink*

I do not own all Wepaons. I only own 36 of 78 available Weapons and it is possible to reach that amount of 200'000 gm$. Here the Proof ;)
One Month ago i had much more gm$, but i paid maaany Taxidermizeon's with gm$, hehe ;D

Just concentrate on all the missions you can solve. I did much as it was possible for me and i did not feel to buy extra Weapons just for solving a Mission. Except the Weapons i wanted anyway. Do what you can do and leave the rest.
But maybe a Mission requires a Wepaon, which you had a long time on your Wishlist in the Brain. Then you will have a bying stimulus to buy that Weapon.

So, ew, what do you think about this idea?
If the Mission Master Rifle is classy and exclusive enough, many people want to own it and spent their gm$ for it.
People which have lived for Missions get honored.
And maybe new People which had no motivation to do Missions yet, will get motivated to gain that exclusive classy Mission Master Rifle.
It could also be a buying stimulus for em$-weapons.
Let's make the Year 2018 a great Year :o)

I wish you all a happy new Year and a good slide into it. \o/
NormanM7 wrote:P.S. Deconstructed, love your pic lol Same with Nexis' gif
Thank you :)
Deconstructed's Avatar is very funny, i love it too ;D
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Nexis981 wrote:Did calculated with Excel ^^ that 257'600 gm$ are possible. So 200'000 gm$ (77%) is a good price for someone who is characterized as a mission master
This math might be a bit off. I did 359 missions out of 470 for a total of 305,238.00 gm$
Spoiler:
Nexis981
Tracker

Post by Nexis981 »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Nexis981 wrote:Did calculated with Excel ^^ that 257'600 gm$ are possible. So 200'000 gm$ (77%) is a good price for someone who is characterized as a mission master
This math might be a bit off. I did 359 missions out of 470 for a total of 305,238.00 gm$
Look at the Date of the Post which you have qouted. It is from 2014 :)
Many MIssions got added since then. So yes, 257'600 as maximum is inactual now, but the math was correct at 2014 ;)

The Price of 200'000 gm$ is still my suggestion, but it can adjusted. Ultimately the gm$-Price is ew's decision.

PS: Nice to see that i am not the only Mission-Freak, hehe :D

Friendly Greetings
Nexis
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

There are several people who have completed all missions and the total exceeds 400,000
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Nexis981 wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
Look at the Date of the Post which you have qouted. It is from 2014 :)
Many MIssions got added since then. So yes, 257'600 as maximum is inactual now, but the math was correct at 2014 ;)

The Price of 200'000 gm$ is still my suggestion, but it can adjusted. Ultimately the gm$-Price is ew's decision.

PS: Nice to see that i am not the only Mission-Freak, hehe :D

Friendly Greetings
Nexis
Well I didn't Necro this post.
Spoiler:
Nexis981
Tracker

Post by Nexis981 »

fantamichele wrote:There are several people who have completed all missions and the total exceeds 400,000
Cool, thanx for that information :)
So my suggested price would be 50%.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”