choke for shotguns?

ballistics Hunter
Outfitter

Re: choke for shotguns?

Post by ballistics Hunter »

the whole shotgun ammo needs remodeling. They need to get rid of bird shot and have actually cartridge makes and shot sizes along with different chokes. Having one shot size that can shoot geese and pheasants is totally unethical! I would never shoot a pheasant with a BB shot and I wouldn't go on a days goose shooting with size 5 or 6 shot!
Andjoh12

Post by Andjoh12 »

Ahh this idea! Ooo i love it :)
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

I understand the issue with the shotsize. But I dunno if EW would be able to do choke sizes. Be nice to get a tighter pattern that shoot sa bit further though, especially for those dang iron geese.
waterfowl101

Post by waterfowl101 »

Yes Yes Yes!!!
GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

Like always... +1000 for the chokes etc! Im living for that day lol
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

+1
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

That sounds like a good idea, an adjustable choke or choke tubes,...
and for all shotguns? that's impractical for Doubles & O/U's which usually have barreled chokes of full, modified, cylinder, or improved cylinder, or any combination thereof.
I don't think a one in all adjustable/tube chokes shotgun will ever happen, unless the choke costs around $5,000 Em apiece so EW can make a profit and keep the game ongoing.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Would be nice to have these kind of items in the store . Could this be in the works for the future ?

The most commonly used choke tubes are these:
Super-Full/Extra-Full: Two choke types sometimes called "gobbler getters," these are ideally suited for the head shots necessary when turkey hunting. They have extra-tight constrictions and the densest patterns.

Full: This choke has tight constriction and a dense pattern, delivering approximately 70 percent of a shell's total pellets in a 30-inch circle at 40 yards. It's often used for trap shooting, waterfowl pass shooting, turkey hunting and buckshot loads.

Modified: This choke has less constriction than a full choke, delivering approximately 60 percent of a shell's total pellets in a 30-inch circle at 40 yards. It's great for general waterfowl hunting and hunting distant-flushing upland birds and small-game animals such as late-season pheasants and rabbits. Also used for trap shooting.

Improved Cylinder: Even less constricted than modified, the improved cylinder distributes approximately 50 percent of a shell's total pellets in a 30-inch circle at 40 yards. This often is the choice of hunters shooting waterfowl close over decoys or pursuing close-quarters upland birds such as quail, grouse and pheasants. Rifled slugs usually perform well with this choke.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I realy would like to have chokes for shotguns.

Still, I'm little double-edged about this, because they would be another items with you need to buy at the store - each of them separetaely I suppose. And this I don't like. ;P
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Use the 1o gauge.
Code: Select all

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”