choke for shotguns?

Sherab86
Hunter

Re: choke for shotguns?

Post by Sherab86 »

Ok... But what so special about 10ga?
I take it can me most powerfull of all them, but what this have to do with patterning?

I would like to have an option to go with tight choke - giving me narrow shot pattern for long shots - for turkey for example, and widest possible patterning for densly forested areas for moving game.

Problem is, that we don't know patterning of in-game shotguns anyway. ;) At least for me "shots" do not display on the piper targets at ranges. Only slugs do. Looking at animals have been shot, keeping distance in mind, it feels somewhat very wide, but perhaps engine simply do not "texturise" all of hits.

I'm newbie still, and I still wander do I want to invest money in this game or not. But If so, I propably go with 12ga pump action shotgun. As for sentiment (I like pump action shotguns, especially Mossberg 500/590 series), as for possibility to install scope (for slugs shooting).
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

They used to show the birdshot & buckshot hits. I think the 10ga is about the same as the others for pattern. It's just a bit more powerful so slightly longer effective range

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Oh. Thanks for these. :)

Hmmm... So I'll try myself again check this on a range again too. Maybe this is something about my graphics settings. Hard to judge from memory, so I might be wrong, but this still look like very wide pattern for 20 meters, even without any choke. What's more, centre of the patterns tends to be quite empty compared to peripheries with is not reallistic - while ofcourse spread between single pelletst should increase with distance, center of the target should contain most dense hit marks still. It seems that shotgun game's physics still could be better than. ;)

However I'm not sure is it worth to start new thread called: More realistic shot patterns for shotguns. ;)

Thanks again.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Ok, I cancel what I said about spread itself - just checked some tests on YouTube, and it might be quite right for no choke or cylinder choke. But what I said about center of the target holds true still. ;)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Btw since they remove the pellets' impact animation, I can't tell if I hit an waterfowl or not because I can't see the ruffled feather anymore.

That should be an option for low end machines, not the rule.
Spoiler:
LihaSami

Post by LihaSami »

This would be very welcome. Even if we could use chokes only for SGs where sights can not be attached. (unused free slot)

EW please give us set of 16/76 & 12/76 chokes. There is handful of nice hardware that would be brought to a whole another level.
Last edited by caledonianblues on November 6th, 2017, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed "bump"

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”