Suppressor for the .223

Sloffie
Hunter

Suppressor for the .223

Post by Sloffie »

It has been suggested a lot. But I think the first gun that would really benefit from a suppressor would be the .223. Small caliber varminters are often fitted with suppressors.

Benefit? When shooting 'yotes or foxes at LONG distance might have a chance of not spooking the others. Same with deer.

Just a thought
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Re: Suppressor for the .223

Post by Eggenberg »

+1 for that mate.
DriftPrize
Hunter

Post by DriftPrize »

it's too overpowered
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yep, it's been mentioned a couple of times... http://forum.thehunter.com/search.php?k ... suppressor :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BaybehGurl
Tracker

Post by BaybehGurl »

That's the reason I don't go with the .223. You simply do much better with the crossbow or a bow. The only reason to use it is for fox at longer ranges imo. But I definately buy a .223 if there was a supressor and I think many would.

I support this!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I would like this too but I believe hunting with suppressors is illegal in many places.
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

You know, when they released the .223, I remember thinking "I wish they made this a dedicated varmit gun, and allowed it to be suppressed. Then you could use it on coyotes, foxes, and if they added them, rabbits, crows, and small stuff like that." You'd obviously need to remove the ability to harvest turkey and roe deer with it, but maybe we could make the .243 ethical for turkey, to give that rifle (the starter rifle) a unique flavor.

That way it would serve a unique purpose (right now, the .223 is not very interesting except it's a rifle that can be used on turkey), and it would have to be considered unethical for non-varmit animals, so even if you decided to go on a stealth rampage, nothing you shot would count. As is, it seems like it's only interesting to someone who wants to shoot turkeys from a distance, and I dunno if that's really that great of a draw. But I think if you added a suppressor to it, and let people cull varmits silently, it would shoot up in popularity.
BaybehGurl
Tracker

Post by BaybehGurl »

caledonianblues wrote:I would like this too but I believe hunting with suppressors is illegal in many places.
In Sweden (where game creators are from) it has been illegal so it is no wonder that suppressor is not in the game. However, in this country of laws and regulations (Sweden), you can since many years back use suppressor with license.

I have read a document from the Ministry of Justice (sweden) where they point out that the big reason for not allowing suppressor is because of illegal stealth hunting. Also, this is probably how other countries reason. However, this problem barely exist in a game like theHunter, so I don't see any reason NOT to allow it.
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

I don't see a problem with adding one to the .223 but then your going to have people saying why can't we have one for ever rifle which i don't agree with.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

In Romania, hunting with suppressor is pouching aka. illegal aka 3-7 years in jail. Also is bow hunting. Even the Geco .22 rifle is illegal, is too silent for hunting!

But, in game, in all honesty, i would surely love to put down an entire turkeys flock, from 100+ meters. ;)
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”