Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Griph
Spotter

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by Griph »

Another full in-game day without seeing a Sambar of more than 130. Lots of Sambar, but all small.

This is killing me!
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Valentine's Event VI: I'll give you a Valentine you can't refuse
The combined weight of your heaviest male Water Buffalo and female Black Bear harvested under 25 meters (Approx. 82 feet) is your competition entry. Animals must be charging.

It was hard to get the BB to charge before thy were changed How are we to get the it to charge now that thy have been sissified?
Haha, do the BB still charge? Thought not. They spook for nothing it seems no matter how surprised they got over your presence. Well. I guess they do. But I won't bother that one.
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Oh, man!!! I just spent my third in-game day trying. I got closer. Saw one buck I was sure would make it, but as I hunkered down to wait for him to approach, a smaller male walked right up to me and spooked himself and the other buck!!!

I cycled between two tents in good spots, and got one 120 buck and three 150 bucks. At the last switch, near the end of the day, I immediately saw a nice male and shot him. 167.364. I can't win!!!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I got my buck at last and then two 230+ in 10 mins..... thats the way it goes, all or nothing. Thanks for the missions EW, they were fun without breaking hearts and nice to have another tower.

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

All missions done.
I find the Sambar buck while I was sitting on my TS and testing the Scent Spray. I heard the call in the first minutes of the game and when I spot him, I thought it might be 300+ because his antlers was big to me! But he scored 220! At lease I did the mission without any problems.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hd_a ... /591367955

I hope you all find your buck and get the tower. ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Griph wrote:Oh, man!!! I just spent my third in-game day trying. I got closer. Saw one buck I was sure would make it, but as I hunkered down to wait for him to approach, a smaller male walked right up to me and spooked himself and the other buck!!!

I cycled between two tents in good spots, and got one 120 buck and three 150 bucks. At the last switch, near the end of the day, I immediately saw a nice male and shot him. 167.364. I can't win!!!
Try here where the tower is. go there around 11AM the sambar are going to rest just North east of the tower there around noon !! I shot 3 there after i found the right time .

good luck

LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Griph wrote:Oh, man!!! I just spent my third in-game day trying. I got closer. Saw one buck I was sure would make it, but as I hunkered down to wait for him to approach, a smaller male walked right up to me and spooked himself and the other buck!!!

You can put a tripod here (large land without much trees) : I shoot a good Sambar (225) for the valentine's mission at 204.6m...

Wishing that it can help you to succeed the mission. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hey Griph,
if you're online later today, I could open a MP game and we can look for that big stag together. I got mine yesterday, it's a matter of patience and luck. Just send me a PM, I will be on-and-off my PC most of the day.
Image Image Image
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Thanks for the offer. PM sent. And thanks for the location tips. I’ve been hunting all over that upland but will give that particular location and time a go.
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

SUCCESS!!!!

Dools24 set up a MP session and we used his tree stand. We actually got one right at the spot Strandjutter showed above. Very good spot!

Thanks again for all the help offered! Friendly and helpful group of hunters around here.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”