Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
lx188
Scout

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by lx188 »

@ xOEDragonx thanks for info!! now i understand how it works.... so wooden trophy and scent eliminator in this year is my win!!! ;))
P.S Rose hunter me ;DD http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1302456035
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Okay, this is getting a little frustrating!! I've just hunted the whole in-game day for a Sambar buck of 170 or better. I hunted all the places recommended in this thread. I've shot countless does that walked up on me after spraying the scent. I've shot about five little bucks of between 125-145. But I haven't even SEEN a buck that would rate 170 or better.

Last night, I shot a buck with quite a large rack. He would have easily surpassed the 170. It was about a 200m shot with the 7mm, as I couldn't get closer really, without spooking him (he was across a ravine). It was a good hit, and when I got to the place where I shot him, it showed lung blood. I tracked that buck for three solid in-game hours, all over the stupid map. He stopped bleeding after a bit, but he never stopped running. I couldn't chase him any longer and had to just quit the game.

I quickly got all the other gun missions done, but this Sambar mission is going to KILL me!

And the Sambar scent kind of sucks. Mostly, it didn't attract anything at all, even when I knew animals were in the area nearby because of vocalizations.

I don't know how to continue this stupid mission!!!!
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Griph wrote: It was about a 200m shot with the 7mm, as I couldn't get closer really, without spooking him (he was across a ravine). It was a good hit, and when I got to the place where I shot him, it showed lung blood.
Don't shoot the sambar with 7mm, shoot them with .300, .30R or .340 (those caliber are better than 7mm) the sambar are armored...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I feel you, Griph. Shot two 166 sambar stags last night and still haven't found that 170. Will have to try again - if I find two in one hunt, I'll call you! ;)
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Griph wrote: Last night, I shot a buck with quite a large rack. He would have easily surpassed the 170. It was about a 200m shot with the 7mm, as I couldn't get closer really, without spooking him (he was across a ravine). It was a good hit, and when I got to the place where I shot him, it showed lung blood. I tracked that buck for three solid in-game hours, all over the stupid map. He stopped bleeding after a bit, but he never stopped running. I couldn't chase him any longer and had to just quit the game.

I quickly got all the other gun missions done, but this Sambar mission is going to KILL me!
This has become harder since we can't see any high scoring Sambas anymore (300+). The scores are a lot less nowadays. Keep on! And what LEFLOR says; Bring the big artillery out there and MAUL the damn stag! :D
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Stick to the .340 or .45-70(my go-to gun for these tanks) if you can.
Only at close range(from stands etc.) can you safely wack them down with bows/crossbows.

Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Yeah, after the marathon chase, I took the .30R yesterday. I only shot it twice, at two smaller bucks at close range (I shot the does with the Tenpoint to keep the others in the area) but it dropped them in their tracks. Maybe I’ll just take the .45-70 today. I thought the 7mm would have more punch than it does. I guess these Sambar are tougher than they look.

I’m waiting for the .340 to go on sale to get it. I bought both the .30R and 7mm recently only to see both on sale a week or so later! :-)

I guess I’ll give it another go today.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I was lucky and got my 170+ after the glitched scoring from the update. Spotted at 380-530 kg and he was a giant. Looked very much like Hoo's PB in his video on the scent spray. Scored a measly 239.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Got all missions done, got my tower and will have the wooden trophy. Thanks for a nice event! :)
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Valentine's Event VI: I'll give you a Valentine you can't refuse
The combined weight of your heaviest male Water Buffalo and female Black Bear harvested under 25 meters (Approx. 82 feet) is your competition entry. Animals must be charging.

It was hard to get the BB to charge before thy were changed How are we to get the it to charge now that thy have been sissified?
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”