Share your favourite loadout!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
CalloftheWild

Re: Share your favourite loadout!

Post by CalloftheWild »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
CalloftheWild wrote:
Next Wednesday the team will choose three winning loadouts. The winners will receive a bundle containing 11 Loadouts and the items from the loadouts will be featured in theHunter store as bundles.
How would this work if if you do not own all the items in the loadout. Would you get the items free or would those slots in the loadout just remain empty?
I think you misunderstood something. The winners of this competition will receive 11 loadout slots - these are just options to create/edit/load your different loadouts, but don't include any items. The three bundles in the store will be made from the three winning loadouts, so they will include every item and the bundle will have a significant discount compared to buying the items one by one.
So the loadouts themselves and the items that are saved with them are two different things.
Oh thanks :) that makes more sense.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

CalloftheWild wrote:How would this work if if you do not own all the items in the loadout. Would you get the items free or would those slots in the loadout just remain empty?
Just to expand on what Tanngnjostr already wrote, the saved loadouts will have to be purchased in the store. They're not going to be free, although Alena mentioned that members will get one for free. So the winners of this competition win a bundle of 11 loadouts, not the contents. This will allow them to create 11 unique inventory loadouts which can be activated at the touch of a button, so to speak.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I think I misinterpreted the instructions myself and instead ended up creating some sort of loadout/bundle demon hybrid thing. I'd do it over if I had the chance but I guess it's one-n-done.
Thunderfoxjer

Post by Thunderfoxjer »

Here is my favorite typical loadout for Val-Des-Bois reserve
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Thunderfoxjer wrote:Here is my favorite typical loadout for Val-Des-Bois reserve
Man, you must be making a right mess of those bunnies and ptarmigans! ;)
DjSousa

Post by DjSousa »

LuckyyQC

Post by LuckyyQC »

[ Sorry Bad English ]

My Redfeather Falls loadout !

960 px images ?

Weapons:
- .7mm Bullup Semi-Automatic. Equiped with a 12x50mm scope (also used as binoculars, better than the default binoculars), I use it for long range shooting or on big buck because they always get down.
- .30-06 Lever Action. Short range and smaller animals like females.
- .454 Revolver. Short range, I use it when I'm out of ammo or to finish an animals who isn't able to stand up.

Callers
- Whiteail "Grunt" caller
- Moose Caller
- Elk "Bugle" Caller
- Moose Spray Scent

I always bring some extra ammo.

Map Setup
- 1 Bear Barrel
- 1 Happy Camper Tent ( Forest Camo )
- 1 Blind ( IDK camo name in english )
- Small setup, I've just bought some em$ like 1 month ago and 1 years before too but I stopped to play and just restarted.

Love this loadout, always ready to hunt a bunch of moose and trying to get long distance trophy ! [ 214M for Blacktail season 22]

Enjoy !

[out of loadout weapons]
.20 Semi Automatic
.22 Plinkignton
.12 Blaser F3 Games
[out of loadout callers]
Gooses long & short distance
Whitetail, Blacktail & Elk spray scent
[signature=]LuckyyQC[/signature]
Last edited by LuckyyQC on November 13th, 2017, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

I want to share one of my favourite loadouts. It's originaly for competitive pheasant hunting in the field areas of Hirschfelden, but also includes some accesoires for decent fox hunting and an option for every species you may find on this map. Only thing left out are geese. If you're into it, you'll have a blind and spread somewhere there anyway and you can easily swap the deer callers for goose callers.

Primary weapon of choice is a Blaser F3 Game. It's my favourite shotgun in the game, offering an excellent view on the target as well as a fast follow up shot. I usually go for the premium version, but the normal one will do the same job.

Secondary weapon is the Air Rifle. It allows to stealthy take out females and low scoring males while stalking the trophy bird of choice. I always also have the Air Rifle Scope attached.

A .44 Magnum Handgun is carried as a self defence weapon against vicious wild boar as well as hunting weapon for any kind of deer that might be roaming the fields. Note that I keep the scope unequipped until I need it for a long range shot. Imho the iron sights are a bit better when it comes to close quarter shooting charged by a boar. And when I stalk or call in some deer, there's plenty of time to attach a scope.

When going for red fox, one can exchange the air rifle for the .223 Remington Semi Auto Rifle also included in this loadout. Along with the treestand and the Motion Predator Decoy, it's suited to set up an ambush anywhere between the fields. Also awesome for the perfect deer hunting spot. All callers needed are also included : Red Deer Caller, Roe Deer Caller, Hog Squeal Caller, Pheasant caller and Predator Jackrabbit Caller.

A Retriever Dog is a must-have for bird hunting and can carry all the small stuff like camping supplies, extra birdshot and callers in his Dog Backpack.

In this loadout, I use the 16x Spotting Scope to easily size pheasants over longer distances. This is very difficult with the range finder binos or a rifle scope, especially when the bird is partially hidden by terrain or vegetation.

When I have placed the treestand somewhere, I can equip the rest of the callers for a more convenient use.

Additional Equipment not included in the example picture :

Canada goose setup
- Waterfowl Blind 'Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camo'
-2x Canada Goose Decoy 'Flapping Wings'
-4x Canada Goose Decoy 'Sentry Land'
-4x Canada Goose Decoy 'Feeder Land'
-4x Canada Goose Decoy 'Active Land'
-Canada Goose Long Range Caller
-Canada Goose Short Range Caller

Placed in the fields, this is all you need to get going with goose hunting. Leave the deer callers at home, take the goose ones and you are all set. A tent may also be included for quick access to this setup, preferably
-1x Happy Camper Tent 'Fall Camo' (optional)

I'd place the goose setup in the field areas east of the river, because I prefer the west for phesant hunting, and this way they aren't spooked by gunfire from the blind.

Hog Feeder
You may also want to place
-1x Hog Feeder
on your Hirschfelden map for even easier acces to trophy size hogs. I have mine placed on the field in sight of tower #7, so I can at first pay the hogs a visit when starting my hunt at Müllerwaldhütte, and can step by there while pheasant hunting in the fields.

As I said, I 'invented' this loadout for pheasant competitions. Already tried the one where only your first four harvests are counted? I really love that one, because you really have to pick the birds you harvest. By taking the scum ones with the air rifle, one can cheat a little or at least make it more easy. But I didn't want a bird-only loadout and want to get into varmint hunting anyway, so I thought of one that can fullfill all these tasks without having to carry a tent. Installing the additional (large) equipment in the right spots on the map will turn Hirschfelden area into your personal hunting grounds.

Hope you like it or at least find it a little inspiring.

OT :
caledonianblues wrote: the saved loadouts will have to be purchased in the store. They're not going to be free, although Alena mentioned that members will get one for free.
Does this mean that, although Alena said so, members won't get a free one? Or do I get it wrong, are you saying that they wil cost em$ although members will get one free? Sorry, it's probably my rusty English striking here.

Edit : corrected some grammar and added large equipment according to competition rules.

Sincerely,
Wehrwolf.
Last edited by Gewehrwolf on November 13th, 2017, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
μολών λαβέ
Strongbeaver

Strongbeavers sillygeese loadout

Post by Strongbeaver »

https://imgur.com/a/Rnzre

This is my loadout to geeses, red deers, and roe deers in hircshfelden
its easy and fast load on the lodge or tent

weapons
1. 20 GA Semi-Automatic Shotgun
2. 12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun
3. .22 Pistol Grasshopper

equipment
4. Canada Goose Long Range Caller (Wood)
5. Canada Goose Short Range Caller (Plastic)
6. Red Deer Caller
7. Roe Deer Caller
8. Pheasant Caller
9. 5x30mm rangefinder

carry items
.44 Revolver (Silver) for red deers and roes
ammo for guns

DOG.. ( DEMONI lvl.50 )

72 Decoys for goose
3.Waterfowl Blinds
and 8 tens on the map
WalkingPlague

Post by WalkingPlague »

My loadout for Logger's Point. I call it :
Rolling Hills Stalker

Weapons & Sights

.270 Bolt Action Rifle - Wood: A solid rifle capable of taking down 4 of the animals on this reserve.
3-9x40mm Rifle Scope - Silver: This beauty will let you sight in with lethal accuracy.
Compound Bow "Snakebite" - Forest Camo: When it's imperative to be Sshhhh.
.22 "Plinkington" Semi-Automatic Rifle - Blue Marble: Because Cottontails & Pheasants always seem to find a way to get between you and your trophy.
12x 50mm Rifle Scope - Black: With this precision instrument, they wont even know what hit them.

Carried Items

Grunt Tube - To call in the BIG horns.
Hog Squealer - Gets them to come to you.
Predator Call - For those stubborn coyotes.
Wind Indicator - Make sure your downwind from your prey.
Scent Eliminator Mini - Because humans smell funny to animals o.O
Mule Deer Urine - Stop them where you want them.
First Aid Kit - The feral hogs at Logger's Point hit like NFL linebackers. Carry this to be in the next play.
8x42mm Binoculars - Black -Enhancements for your eyes.
Tree Stand - Basic Camo - Instant advantage when near treelines.

Large Equipment

Happy Camper Tent - Forest Camo
Hog Feeder - Green
Ground Blind - Basic Camo
Last edited by WalkingPlague on November 14th, 2017, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”