Design Your Dream Lodge!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Design Your Dream Lodge!

Post by EW_Graham »

Hi all!

As you well know, alongside the Halloween excitement we also released a host of new options to customise your Trophy Lodge. To celebrate this auspicious occasion we thought we'd ask our community to get creative again!

The task: Share your ideas for a dream trophy lodge below. You have a lot of freedom, it could be your favorite wallpaper, or even a whole new fireplace design, or how about a hot-tub? An entire ground-up redesign? That works too! Your entry could take many forms, an edit of a screenshot of our existing lodge style, a collection of inspiration images from online with a description, or maybe you want to 3D model and do a video walk-through of your perfect hunting haven, the choice is yours!

Rules

*Please reply to this thread with your entry. ONE post per user. Edits may be made up until the competition deadline.
*Entries can be be made up of screenshots, photos, videos, or even a song. Whatever gets your point across. ;)
*Closing date for entries is 23:59 CET 3rd November 2017
*Winners as chosen by the dev team to be announced on Monday 4th November 2017

Winners/Prizes

*1st Place - 3000 em$
*2nd Place - 2000 em$
*3rd Place - 1000 em$

Good luck, we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Competition winners have been announced here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 22#p902122
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Design Your Dream Lodge!

Post by HD_Artworks »

Use collectibles in another way. ;)
- Put some our favorite mushrooms in a small greenhouse. Something like this but with some mushrooms in it:
Spoiler:
- Put our favourite antler shed on the wall! :D
Something like this:
Spoiler:
So, just imagine how cool it will be when we see a huge mushroom or a non-typical antler shed! :D
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

"One post per user" but can we put in more than one idea?
Nice thread. Thanks for asking for ideas.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TheHunterIan

Post by TheHunterIan »

Alright, here is my dream lodge.
1. Greeted by taxidermized animals when you walk in
2. Fireplace, books, Lamp with an antler body
3. Above the fireplace, a 12 point whitetail buck
4. Guns, Guns, Guns! Guns mounted on the wall, varying from a 25-06 to a 30-06
5. Lots and lots of taxidermies ;)
6. Just a place to relax in, and a place to reflect the hunt in.

Well, there was my dream lodge! It doesn't matter if I win or not, I'm just happy that I shared my dream lodge to you. :)
KharisGrace

Post by KharisGrace »

In the wise words of Gaston
"I USE ANTLERS IN ALL OF MY DECORATING"
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Inside the "Dream" Trophy Lodge there should be some gun and bow racks on the lower wall, while on the higher wall having all your trophy animals. At the center of the lodge there could be a pod that you place your favorite trophies that you've won. Maybe a TV so you could play some youtube videos of your hunts. And my dream is to have a big wall with a lot of pictures of my best and most memorable hunts I've done of course it would be nice that you could zoom into each photo. Campfire would be a very nice addition although I fell like it won't be as used as the other features I mentioned. Best one is definitely the wall full of pictures.
Spoiler:

CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

As soon as you walk in you're greeted by a huge bear in standing position. The room on the left is all big game. The right is all small game. All wood walls. Log cabin type. The back room would be all the weapons owned and used for hunting with display cases for all of them.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I miss very much a fireplace-sound.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Wetrocky45
Spotter

Post by Wetrocky45 »

I would like there to be a lot of firearms. Like a case of them side by side instead of stacked up and down. That'd be pretty cool. Different position's would be cool aswell. A fireplace sound would be nice. And maybe even being able to put more animals. I think more animals is the main thing. Most ACTUAL Trophy rooms have animals crammed in them.

i5 6500 | GTX 1060 3GB mini | 8GB DDR4 |Nothing special
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I think it would be cool to have more full body mounts. Maybe an add on to our lodge - like going through another door to get there (with the "E" key again if needed). Different packages, of the add-on room or new lodges all together, like one package could be 2 or 3 full body mounts, one large (Bear / Moose etc) the others deer sized with a couple smaller animals on the walls (so they aren't bare). Another package could be more centered around deer & smaller game.

Our own trophy shots in the frames already existing. Probably (most likely) asking far too much to get them scrolling like in a digital frame. :shock:

Maybe a fur hanging on the wall. Not from one of our harvests. Just like a deer hide, or a European mount. Or a Hornets nest hanging in the corner.
EHR map. Or, our choice of which reserve, I've heard that some people are trying to devote a lodge to each reserve.
It's funny that I typed in "trophy hunting lodges" & 6 of the first 20 images were from theHunter. 8-)
Overall, my biggest request would be for more full body mounts in the same room.

I've confessed this before but, for all of these years I scoffed at the request for Trophy Lodges and dogs. I just couldn't believe that the notion was that popular. The Devs have done a great job on both to make them enticing. I didn't jump right in there & buy one until I looked them over, but it didn't take long before I made the purchase. I'm glad I was wrong. They are very cool (dogs & lodges). And now, with the lodges, being able to customize them makes them even better.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”