Design Your Dream Lodge!

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
AlwaysSunnyLLC

Re: Design Your Dream Lodge!

Post by AlwaysSunnyLLC »

The current hunting lodge is adequate, but I believe it's potential is big, that many improvements can be made on it. The current fireplace is great. The radio, clock decor, and framed pictures are also great.

Great addition to the lodge:

- Furs that serve as carpets from specific animals (polar bears, etc).
* The fur with the actually head attached would be a bonus.
- A collection box with museum glass containing your feather collection displayed on the wall or laid out on the table.
- A pair of antlers or a single antler displayed on the wall or laid out on the table.
- An antler chandelier that allows you to put the deer antlers you found onto the chandelier. The antler chandelier will be in the center of the cabin.
- A dog kennel or multiple dog kennels outside of the lodge where your inactive dogs reside.
- A bulletin board on the wall or picture frames laid out on surfaces where you can post your screenshot pictures.
- Vinyl record player playing ex. classical music.
- A leather chair where you can sit in to listen to music and stair at your trophies.
- A desk where you can place decors you collected from your hunt (ex. antlers, feathers, etc).
- A tall and wide bookshelf as a decor piece.
- Like guns in racks we have at the moment, add shoes, backpacks, callers, equipment, etc. you own to be stored at the foyer.
- Trophy or trophies to place on a surface that you earned from a competition.
- Bronze sculptures of animals you can place on a surface.
- An artificial background for the trophies, (ex. tunda, forest, desert, etc).

Lodge modifications:

- Make the lodge more spacious for more trophies/decor/collections/weapons rack. With the current lodge space, personally, it does not give me this "WOW' factor.

- In the current setup, when you step into the lodge, you immediately face the sides of the trophies. In my opinion, a lodge would likely look more grandeur if you see the front side of the trophies the first step you take in the lodge. With that said, having the entrance on the first floor rather than on the second will give a more suspenseful buildup to enjoying another grandeur view of their lodge with their trophies.

My lodge vision:
- Elegance.
- High class.
- A "true" man cave.
- Aesthetically pleasing to see and stay in.
- Dreamed of living in.
- Great lighting.
- Many decors that accentuate the furniture and trophies.

I added pictures of some of the fanciest trophy rooms.
* After clicking on the link, scroll down to see them all.

https://imgur.com/a/LfSqc
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

Some ideas...

1)have a plaque beneath each animal where you could tell the story of how you got the animal
2)have a screen like a tv somewhere in the lodge to show videos of the animals that you have in the lodge or other theHunter videos you've taken
3)be able to put several lodges together or something of the sort to make a very large lodge, similar to a museum
4)be able to put fox and bear pelts on the floor or on the walls
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

CalloftheWild wrote: 2)have a screen like a tv somewhere in the lodge to show videos of the animals that you have in the lodge or other theHunter videos you've taken
This opens up the way for illegal or inappropriate videos, just in case anyone actually considers this. I like the other ideas, though!
CalloftheWild

Post by CalloftheWild »

TheSheWolf wrote:
CalloftheWild wrote: 2)have a screen like a tv somewhere in the lodge to show videos of the animals that you have in the lodge or other theHunter videos you've taken
This opens up the way for illegal or inappropriate videos, just in case anyone actually considers this. I like the other ideas, though!
Thanks for pointing that out :) Didn't think of that.
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

I think it would be cool to add map of "rares & NT" harvested by player. Owner or guest can come to a desk and open "Maps" - every reserve should have own map with coordinates and small icons (if possible) of harvested rare species (also score, and date&time).
askrobert1234
Tracker

Post by askrobert1234 »

Were the winners announced? :O
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

askrobert1234 wrote:Were the winners announced? :O
I'm guessing they're pretty busy with the bug fixes they were rolling out & the security issues but I could be way off-base. Patience, patience... :lol:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hello Hunters!

Well, we had so many amazing ideas coming in and it was very hard to pick who the winners should be! However, we didn’t have very many entries that actually suggested style or aesthetics based ideas, which is what we were looking for in this competition. We will try to be more clear when specifying rules and instructions in the future.

Regardless, we decided to still choose the winners. It’s worth pointing out that winning entries don’t necessarily mean that they will be implemented into the game. You can see this as a community wide brainstorming activity.

So, without further ado, it is a great pleasure for me to announce the following winners!

In first place we have:

TheSheWolf - the amount of effort and thought that went into your presentation was very impressive, well done! 3000 em$ will be credited to your account shortly!

In second place we have CaptainGravy! Well done mate, I especially liked the suggestion about breaking the quiet surroundings. 2000 em$ will be credited to your account shortly.

Last but not least, we have HD_Artworks in the third place for a great suggestion about antler sheds onto the walls, there will be 1000 em$ coming your way soon!

Again, thanks for all the great suggestions and ideas!

Happy Hunting all!

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Congratulations to the winners! Some nice ideas indeed.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Wow! I completely forgot about this competition! :D
Congratulation to TheSheWolf and CaptainGravy. You had some great ideas. ;)
Thanks, EW for this great competition.
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”