Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by Radamus »

tbug wrote:What no ptarmigan comp? Radamus is going to be disappointed. He already has some great suggestions on how to kill them.
I have thought of many ways to eliminate them that's for sure. My favorite is each bird spawns with a small piece of RDX taped to it's butt with a remote trigger operated by a key fob. The TT mission for example would challenge you to follow the crows and locate the dead animals whose carcass contains a push button trigger that when pressed makes all WT Ptarmigans turn into beautiful puff balls of feathers - quickest time wins! If that's not fun I don't know what is.
caledonianblues wrote: Not to mention the fact that it's written in a totally different language.
Google Translator- duh! ... :lol:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I don't like those long distance comps either, but there's people who really love and master them.
There is lack of participation in quite a few comps that say they are not the best comps and I don't know what the right answer is or if we're looking at it. There are comps with less that 10 players at times and across the list others with well over 100 but I see a lot with 60-80 frequently. It would be interesting to graph the metrics on it but result is a large spread of affection passed around. It's not only the long shots.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Radamus wrote:There is lack of participation in quite a few comps that say they are not the best comps and I don't know what the right answer is or if we're looking at it. There are comps with less that 10 players at times and across the list others with well over 100 but I see a lot with 60-80 frequently. It would be interesting to graph the metrics on it but result is a large spread of affection passed around. It's not only the long shots.
I would also love to see a more detailed analysis on the "grade of fanciness" between different competitions. It probably has not only to do with the objectives. Also, there are more and less popular animal species which determine the participation rates. Coyotes, for example, are probably still more on the "orphan" side when it comes to a list of the high-favored tH animals. Ducks, geese, and many deer species, in contrast, seem to attract a much higher competing clientele.

The current selection will probably also create a grade. I see the grizzly and the elk as being the easier - and thus favored - species, but wolf, and even more the sheep - offering much more challenges. It also tells something that none of the ptarmigan species seem to be candidates for competitions and missions in that context.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

I would like to see more multi-species comps. There haven't been any new Laura Francese's comps in ages. Lots of new species added and no LF comps for them.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

tbug wrote:I would like to see more multi-species comps. There haven't been any new Laura Francese's comps in ages. Lots of new species added and no LF comps for them.
Yeah, most multiplayer competitions are special events. The Laura Francese series - but also geese and duck comps if I see it correctly - are the only ones in the regular schedule.
fab_hunter

Post by fab_hunter »

Idea of ​​new competition
"The four musketeers".
Kill a brown bear, a black bear, a polar bear and a grizzly bear with the 45-70 Buffalo rifle. The total weight of the first four killed is your entered in the competition!

fab_hunter
[signature=]Image[/signature]
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I call this one "A Fist Full Of Ptarmigans" .... combined distance of first 5 Rock Ptarmigans with the 30-06 - Best Ptarm rifle in the game :twisted:

"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Radamus wrote:I call this one "A Fist Full Of Ptarmigans" .... combined distance of first 5 Rock Ptarmigans with the 30-06 - Best Ptarm rifle in the game :twisted:

Lol! You really hate those Ptarmigans don't you? P.S. I noticed your hunting on Val Des Bois, brushing up for the comp?
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Radamus wrote:I call this one "A Fist Full Of Ptarmigans" .... combined distance of first 5 Rock Ptarmigans with the 30-06 - Best Ptarm rifle in the game :twisted:
Looks like they all are mooning you.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

tbug wrote:
Looks like they all are mooning you.
No man, that's called "Twerking" nowadays :D
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I enjoy the 45-70 for our winged friends.
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”