Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by Alena Rybik »

Image Image Image Image

Design a pack of missions and / or competitions for theHunter to win great prizes and get them featured in our regular schedule.

Rules:
  • Pick one of the following species - Grizzly Bear, Rocky Mountain Elk, Bighorn Sheep or Grey Wolf
  • Come up with a pack of 10 missions and / or 5 competitions for any of those species. Each participant is allowed to submit maximum two packs (one of missions and one of competitions). You can not submit just one mission or competition, only whole packs will be considered.
  • Your submission must be sent to social[at]expansiveworlds[dot]com in .doc or .pdf format, with your theHunter name clearly stated.
  • The deadline for submitting your concepts is January 31st 23:58 CEST. Designs submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
  • To make sure that your missions and competitions are realistic for us to implement, you are not allowed to come up with new rules than the ones we already have (make sure to study our existing ones thoroughly, both regular ones and special events).
  • Missions and competitions in your packs have to be varied, of different levels of difficulty and, of course, follow the ethical rules of theHunter-verse.
  • We will evaluate the following factors: fun, variety, balance, how well they fit into theHunter’s existing gameplay, plus storyline and writing for missions. For missions: Make sure to include the story as well, not just objectives!
  • Winners will be chosen in each of the categories (mission and competition per species) by the EW jury.
  • Don't forget to give your missions and competitions cool titles!
Awards:
  • 5000 em$ / 90 membership days + "Contributor" membership title & Almost DEV jacket + the design will get incorporated into theHunter with credit to the author.

Please note:
  • This thread is for discussion about the competition, only designs sent by email will be considered.
  • We reserve the right to change and adapt the original idea as much as needed, to keep it in line with theHunter style.
  • We reserve the right not to choose any winners if the submissions don't live up to the expected standards.
  • We have two standard tiered competitions which are always the same for all animals: the highest scoring one (organized into Starter - Intermediate - Elite) and the 3 heaviest ones (organized into the same tiers), please do not include those into your competition sets, otherwise your set will be incomplete.
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter - 3

Post by Pittie »

Oh no, another user design a mission or competition pack competition? I think we will see again many "longest distance", "shoot so many as you can" and so on.
EW has a brilliant comp-creator in their own row, caledonianblues. He should do this Job. I don't like the competitions of the last design event and don't play the most of them.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Pittie wrote:Oh no, another user design a mission or competition pack competition? I think we will see again many "longest distance", "shoot so many as you can" and so on.
EW has a brilliant comp-creator in their own row, caledonianblues. He should do this Job. I don't like the competitions of the last design event and don't play the most of them.
Well go ahead and submit one Pittie. Who knows you might even win. :) I for one do not like the shoot as many as you can competitions either, but I don't mind the long range ones. They should do something like most animals inside of a hour(real time). It would not be nearly as much of a grind, and I feel it would be a lot more fun for everyone. P.S. agreed David is brilliant when coming up with competitions. They should let him create at least one. Also I fear the Bighorn sheep competitions. Bucks n Buffalo's be all over them :o :lol: How bout some tips Bucks n Buffalos?
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Gonna finally give one of these a shot. Would Microsoft Word be an acceptable program for the file format?
Last edited by drakle on January 19th, 2017, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

drakle wrote:Gonna finally give one of these a shot.
I wish you the best of luck. :) I considered entering but as most of you guys on here know I am not too bright. :D
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

drakle wrote:Gonna finally give one of these a shot. Would Microsoft Word be an acceptable program for the file format?
Word is fine. I've used it in the past for these.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

Lol! Good one tbug. :lol:
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

What no ptarmigan comp? Radamus is going to be disappointed. He already has some great suggestions on how to kill them.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Finished my mission pack and sent.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Can we email them in an email, if so what is the address?
I will have it in PDF form if so. Sorry, I'm not on social media.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Official Community Competitions”