Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Snowshoe Hare missions by Bengalis17

Post by Alena Rybik »

Mission intro:

Hello, my name is Joe. I’m a biologist. I’m running a project on climate changes and I focus on species overlapping. I have heard some colleague of mine, while visiting the dean to get research grants, talking about seeing snowshoe hare where there should be arctic hare. I need to get evidences before him. I need you to do the hunting for me, since I will probably need to stay in the shack to conduct some experiments.

Missions 1: Smelly Evidence

Description: Before the plane leaves us, we must find some evidence that there are snowshoe hare in the region. Find something containing DNA that the plane can bring back, but kill nothing before we are sure of anything. Try not to freeze to death.

Objectives:
  • ID droppings from a snowshoe hare
  • In the same hunt, ID more droppings from a snowshoe hare

Mission 2: Finding the Intruder

Description: The lab confirmed that the «evidences» you found were «produced» by snowshoe hare. We need some specimen so I can check their health to see if they can be a threat to the indigenous arctic hare.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a snowshoe hare
  • Harvest another snowshoe hare

Mission 3: The Tortoise and the Hare

Description: «To win a race, the swiftest of a dart
Availeth not without a timely start»
Forget everything La Fontaine said, we must act fast. Just run for this one. We need efficiency. Kill them as fast as you can.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a snowshoe hare 5 minutes after another

Mission 4: Don’t Save the Queens

Description:There is too much of them. They are everywhere, I can’t remember when I last saw an arctic hare. We need to stop their population growing.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a female snowshoe hare
  • Harvest another female snowshoe hare
  • Harvest another female snowshoe hare

Mission 5: Any other hare around?

Description: Have you seen any arctic hare since we are here? I think the snowshoe hare population has totally replaced them. Snowshoe hare were looking healthy, so maybe they had fully substituted arctic hare in the ecosystem. We need to look for clues about this hypothesis.

Objectives:
  • Spot a snowshoe hare
  • Spot another snowshoe hare in the same hunt

Mission 6: Something to eat

Description: The plane was supposed to be back two days ago, and the reserve of food is getting low. Maybe we could snatch some of these hare for ourselves. But we shall only take what we need for today’s meal, since we don’t know the impact of the hare species change on the local population of arctic fox.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a snowshoe hare over 1.3 kg
  • Harvest another snowshoe hare over 1.3 kg in the same hunt

Mission 7: Taking the Heirs

Description: Yesterday’s meal was quite good, but the plane isn’t going to be back for a couple of days because of the bad weather. I think if we only take males, we won’t have a big impact on the population. Meanwhile, I’ll gather information about the arctic fox population.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male snowshoe hare
  • In the same hunt, harvest another male snowshoe hare
  • In the same hunt, harvest another male snowshoe hare

Mission 8: Foxtrot is secured

Description:I consulted some archives and made some observations, and I think the arctic fox population is doing great. We can continue our investigation. Can you spy on some hare, to study their behavior?

Objectives:
  • Find a set of snowshoe hare tracks
  • Then find another set of snowshoe hare tracks
  • Then ID droppings from a snowshoe hare
  • Then spot a snowshoe hare
  • Then harvest a snowshoe hare

Mission 9: Careful with the choke

Description:I can’t remember where I put the guns yesterday. There is so many boxes and scientific material in here. Oh! I found this one. This is just fine. I’m not sure about the choke on the gun, so don’t shoot them too close, I don’t want you to bring me colanders.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a snowshoe hare with the 12 GA single shot shotgun from at least 35m
  • Harvest another snowshoe hare with the 12 GA single shot shotgun from at least 35m
  • Harvest another snowshoe hare with the 12 GA single shot shotgun from at least 35m

Mission 10: Something to compensate with

Description: The plane finally arrived. The colleague who «inspired» me this research sent me a note. It was a trap, a big lie. Nobody ever saw any arctic hare in this region. It always have been a snowshoe hare region… He made me lose my time while he was getting the grant. We need to take revenge. The naturalised snowshoe hare of the University collection were given by him, so if we can bring more beautiful hare, they will surely expose them, so everyone can see I have bigger… hare than him!

Objectives:
  • Harvest a male snowshoe hare scoring at least 1750
  • Harvest a female snowshoe hare scoring at least 1750
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Snowshoe Hare competitions by Bosloe

Post by Alena Rybik »

Snowshoe Hare competitions by Bosloe

Competition 1 - Hare Razing

The total weight of Snowshoe Hares during a single hunt is your competition entry.
Species: Snowshoe Hare
Reserves: Whiterime Ridge
Weapons: Any permitted
Scoring: Highest combined weight
Special Requirements: None

Competition 2 – You can’t see me!

Harvest the highest scoring un-spooked Snowshoe Hare from under 10m’s without using a Tower, Stand or Blind.
Weapons: 12 GA Single Barrel Shotgun
Scoring: Highest Score
Attempts: *10 / 10

Competition 3 – Harendously far

Harvest a Snowshoe Hare from the longest distance with a single shot.
Weapons: Any permitted
Scoring: Longest distance

Competition 4 – Ye Olde Hare Pie

Harvest five Snowshoe Hare’s with a Longbow. The highest combined weight will be the competition entry.
Weapons: Longbow
Scoring: Combined Weight

Competition 5 – Leaping Lepus

Harvest a spooked Snowshoe Hare from the longest distance using a .22 Pistol without a scope.
Weapons: .22 Pistol
Scoring: Longest Distance
Special Requirements: No scope allowed
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Arctic Fox missions by waiora

Post by Alena Rybik »

Arctic Fox missions by waiora
Notes from the author:

Goals of the mission set: 10 missions that slowly escalate in difficulty, they will take the player through the various locations where foxes are found, introduce them to all tactics of fox hunting, and all equipment needed. Towards the latter missions the focus will switch more towards hardest skills, such as trophy hunting, longer range shooting, stable aim and getting up close and personal with them.
This mission set should introduce players to all aspects of shooting fox while making it challenging but not frustrating. The time will be well worth the gm$ rewards.
The missions are arranged from 1 to 10 with notes in brackets about the choice of each mission.

1. Skittish
Hi. Your old friend Doc here. Some of the locals have reported hearing strange noises around the lodge. I have a hunch what it might be but I would like you to investigate the matter before jumping the gun. Head East from Danforth’s Refuge and see what you can find.
  • Identify 3 tracks from an Arctic fox.
  • Identify droppings from another Arctic fox.
(To get players familiar with Arctic fox tracks and droppings.)

2. Seeing is Believing
I knew it! Just couldn’t believe they are moving this far East. These little critters sound similar to the Sitka’s in the area but if you listen real careful, you will notice the difference.
With winter just starting, the hunting season for Arctic fox is on the way, let’s see if you can shoot one.
  • Identify a call from an Arctic fox.
  • Spot any Arctic fox.
  • Harvest an Arctic fox in the same hunt.
(To get players familiar with the audio clues of the Arctic fox and what they look like.)

3. Winter pairs
With winter upon us it is nearly breeding season for the foxes, they are known for forming pairs during the winter months to raise the pups, sometimes even family members will pitch in.
By now they should have shed the brownish fur for a thick white coat, so keep your eyes peeled and bring me one of each gender.
  • Spot a female Arctic fox.
  • Spot a male Arctic fox.
  • Harvest a female Arctic fox.
  • Harvest a male Arctic fox in the same hunt.
(First harvests of both genders)

4. North vs South
Some fishermen are reporting sightings far north of Kosatka harbor and local deer hunters have reported sightings near Tatanka hot springs. The populations must be good this season.
  • Harvest an Arctic fox north of Kosatka harbor.
  • Harvest an Arctic fox just north of Tatanka hot Springs.
(To get players familiar with all the locations of the Arctic fox)

5. Oblivious Bang
That old .243 should serve you well on this mission. The easiest way to get them is to take them down before they know what is coming. A single shot from the .243 should do the trick.
If you can get a couple of these in the same hunt there is nice ward in it for you.
  • Harvest any Arctic fox at a distance of more than 100m
  • Harvest another Arctic fox at a distance of more than 100m in the same hunt.
  • Harvest another Arctic fox at a distance of more than 100m in the same hunt.
(To show players that foxes can be spotted and shot at distance when the opportunity arises)

6. Close up shot
This will be a true test for you. This time you will need to get up close and personal, almost look him right in the eyes. These guys are truly unique and a sight to behold.
I have a couple of tools you could try if the job at hand is too much for you too handle.
Remember to have the wind in your face and to be very quiet, any movement will make them run.
  • Harvest a Male Arctic fox from a maximum distance of 30m.
  • Harvest another male Arctic fox from a maximum distance of 30m in the same hunt.
(To introduce players to harvesting Arctic fox at close range, and the problems caused by their acute sense of smell, most players will use scent eliminator, camo, blind or tree stand to do this mission.)

7. 2 for 1
Buckshot is the order of the day, those furry critters won’t stand a chance. See if you can bag a couple with buckshot.
With a little patience you could lure a couple at a time and make this a real quick job, if your trigger finger isn’t all frozen that is. I’ll have a nice reward for you when you are done.
  • Harvest any Arctic fox with buckshot.
  • Harvest another Arctic fox with buckshot in the same hunt.
(To get players familiar with an easy way to get harvests for foxes by letting them come in and then shooting multiple foxes with buckshot, this should also show players that buckshot will give a 100% Harvest Value)

8. The big dog
I saw some real big paw prints around the lodge, there are some big dogs out there this season.
This job should really test your tracking skill, see if you can shoot a couple of these. I want you to get 3 of at least 6kg.
You will have to track them quickly before the prints snow over and you lose the trail.
  • Harvest a male arctic fox weighing at least 6kg.
  • Harvest another male arctic fox weighing at least 6kg.
  • Harvest another male arctic fox weighing at least 6kg.
(By now players should have a couple of levels in tracking skill and be able to see gender and weight, this is to introduce them to hunting trophy fox.)

9. Shivers
In the old days we didn’t have the luxury of these modern high magnification rifle scopes. This time we are doing it old school. I want you to get 3 foxes and only use the iron sights.
Don’t shiver too much!
This job might prove too hard for normal tactics, try to make use of the tripod stand to give you a more stable shooting platform.
  • Harvest an arctic fox with iron sights from at least 40m using a tripod stand.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with iron sights from at least 60m using a tripod stand.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with iron sights from at least 80m using a tripod stand.
(Since WRR doesn’t have any towers, the tripod is an essential piece of equipment as a stable shooting platform. This mission is to get players familiar with using the tripod for shooting long shots on fox.)

10. Flush
This will be your ultimate test, it’s time to put everything you have learned so far to use. With the upcoming competitions your skills need to be sharp so treat this as your final exam.
You will be tested with every type of ammunition.
I will have a generous reward waiting for you once you completed all of them.
  • Harvest an arctic fox with any bow.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with any crossbow.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with buckshot.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with the .243 or .223 rifle.
  • Harvest another arctic fox with a revolver.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Arctic Fox competitions by waiora

Post by Alena Rybik »

Arctic Fox competitions by waiora
Note from the author:
Goals of my competition set: 5 Competitions of various difficulty providing a diverse player experience with a variety of weapons, scopes, equipment, ranges, spotting and tracking skill, and ethical kills, for both genders of arctic fox.
Difficulty: 5 competitions scaling in difficulty from 1 to 5, 1 being the easiest.
Note on weapon restrictions: Every single one of my weapon, scope, equipment purchases was driven by competition requirements. All weapons should feature on as many competitions as possible across all species.
The 5 competitions listed from easiest to hardest.

1. Snow White: Harvest the highest scoring female arctic fox with a 100% harvest value.

2. Fox Stalking: Harvest the highest scoring arctic fox with the reverse draw crossbow from a minimum distance of 30m.

3. Reverse Polarity: Harvest the highest and lowest scoring fox with any ethical weapon. Your competition entry will be your highest scoring fox minus your lowest scoring fox.

4. Pinpoint precision: Harvest the highest scoring arctic fox with a double lung shot using .223 rifle and H34L aim point sigh. (Double lung shot is required, other organs may be hit).

5. Try Try Try Again: Harvest any fox with a single shot from the longest distance with iron sights, using a tripod stand. Your longest distance will be your competition entry.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Sitka Deer missions by Mills

Post by Alena Rybik »

Sitka Deer Missions by Mills

Mission intro:
Well well well what have we here? Another squatcher in our midst? Let me start off by introducing myself… the name’s Mills. Lately I’ve found myself away from my usual haunt of Rougarou Bayou as there have been some strange occurrences being reported up here in Whiterime Ridge. I have a feeling that with the presence of Sitka Deer around, the Sasquatch population has gone on the rise. Let’s see what we can find out and besides, it gets a little lonely up here, so it’s nice to have some company.

1. There’s Been a Disappearance

Description:
Lately I’ve noticed a few Sitka Deer carcasses with nothing left except for the bones. This can only mean one thing. The Sasquatches have moved in and the Sitka Deer have become the all you can eat buffet. Go out and make sure there are still some Sitka Deer left.

Objectives:
  • ID an audio clue form a Sitka Deer using the Huntermate.

2. Got What it Takes?

Description:
Nice work on getting that audio clue. However, true Squatchers can’t just rely on audio clues. We need visual proof. Get back out there and find some fresh tracks. Once you’ve found the tracks you’re going to have to get close enough to see a Sitka Deer with your own eyes.

Objectives:
  • First: ID Sitka Deer tracks using the Huntermate.
  • Then: Spot a Sitka Deer during the same hunt.

3. Dinnertime

Description:
So, getting a little full of yourself now huh? Trust me; this is just the tip of the iceberg. Now that we know there are still a few Sitka Deer left we need to use one as bait. Head back out there and bag a nice juicy one; preferably a small male. They are a Sasquatch delicacy. We need to be quiet though so use a bow. Any bow will do.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a weight less than 70 kg using any bow including crossbows.

4. Unexpected Visitor

Description:
I was sitting in my tree stand last night watching over the bait you recently supplied. After a few tree knocks I got a response. However, it wasn’t your typical Sasquatch response. It was more of a howl like a wolf except it sounded huge and evil. I have a few theories what it might be, but I need to do a little more research. Lace those boots back up; we’re going to need some more bait. Don’t worry about being too sneaky this time.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a weight less than 70 kg using any permitted ammunition.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a weight less than 70 kg using any permitted ammunition during the same hunt.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a weight less than 70 kg using any permitted ammunition during the same hunt.

5. The Smell of Fear

Description:
Once again, you are really proving to me that you have what it takes; but how do you handle your fear? When you’re in this line of work you need to know how to control your fear. The Sasquatches, or whatever else is out there, can smell it a mile away. Let’s see if you can keep your cool and not crack under the pressure.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a score of 50 or more using any bow, including crossbows at 100% Harvest Value.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a score of 50 or more using any bow, including crossbows at 100% Harvest Value.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a score of 50 or more using any bow, including crossbows at 100% Harvest Value.

6. Full Moon

Description:
Ok, so you can handle yourself under pressure. Let’s hope that wasn’t just a one time show of courage because things aren’t at all what I expected. Last night I was back at my bait site doing some knocking and hollering from my tree stand. The air was crisp and the snow was gleaming from the full moon. Out of nowhere I saw a glowing set of eyes coming from the edge of the tree line. I reached for my rifle, but before I could line up a shot it was gone. You are going to have to head out there and investigate using all the skills you’ve learned so far.

Objectives:
  • ID an audio clue from a Sitka Deer using the Huntermate.
  • Spot a Sitka Deer during the same hunt
  • ID droppings from a Sitka Deer during the same hunt.
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a score of 60 or more using any permitted ammunition at 100% Harvest Value during the same hunt.

7. Sneaky Suspicions

Description:
Well done. However, as each night passes my suspicions lead me to believe that we are dealing with something far more dangerous and evil than just your average Sasquatch. Could it be? NO! It couldn’t! We are going to have to be on our lookout at all times. Let’s warm up that sidearm, this is about to get interesting.

Objectives:
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer using a .357 revolver with no scope from a distance between 10-15 meters.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer using a .357 revolver with no scope from a distance between 20-25 meters.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer using a .357 revolver with no scope from a distance between 30-35 meters.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer using a .357 revolver with no scope from a distance between 40-45 meters.

8. The Legend of Afterland Lodge

Description:

My worst fears have come true. All the events that have transpired are not from a group of hungry Sasquatches, but from none other than the Legendary Wendigo of Afterland Lodge. It has come back to feed on anyone who lives there. Unless we do something about this that means you and I are on the menu. He is known to disguise himself as another animal that we are all too familiar with, the Sitka Deer. This creature must be stopped.

Objectives:
  • First: Start a hunt from Afterland Lodge.
  • Then: Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a score of 60 or more from a tree stand.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a score of 60 or more from a tree stand during the same hunt.

9. Stone Cold Heart

Description:
The Wendigo of Afterland Lodge is proving to be more difficult and elusive to destroy than I thought. I was sure we were going to be able stop him by now. Nevertheless, we must not admit defeat just yet. I was going through some of my crypto zoologist texts this morning and one of them states that in order to kill the Wendigo, it requires a precise shot to the cold heart of the beast. I need you to take care of this once and for all. Hurry! There is no time to waste!

Objectives:
  • Harvest a Sitka Deer buck with a shot to the heart.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a shot to the heart during the same hunt.
  • Harvest another Sitka Deer buck with a shot to the heart during the same hunt.

10. Blood Moon Rising (Single Player)

Description:
Excellent work my friend. Even though we were unable to kill him just yet, we have definitely narrowed down his location. My good buddy Doc has been keeping his ears open for any locations the Wendigo has been sighted recently. According to Doc, there is a cluster of sightings coming from near the frozen waterfall in the northern forests. Head over there and track this beast down. Grab your favourite shotgun and load it with slugs. I want nothing left to chance. You are our last hope for survival.

Objectives:
  • Harvest the Sitka Deer, “Wendigo” with a shotgun loaded with slugs in the northern forests of Whiterime Ridge near the frozen waterfall (X: -4021, Y: -11354)

Final Comment after mission is completed:
You did it! We can finally rest in peace knowing that the Legendary Wendigo of Afterland Lodge has been defeated. I’m sure the Sasquatches will thank you as well for eliminating their rival. Well, I guess I better get back down south to the Bayou. Doc won’t shut up about his apparent run-in with the Rougarou. Excelsior!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Sitka Deer competitions by Zack775

Post by Alena Rybik »

Sitka Deer competitions by Zack775
Big guns for big deer.
Rules and Conditions
Species: Sitka Deer
Reserves: Whiterime ridge
Weapons: any permitted shotgun
Scoring: heaviest deer harvested with a shotgun

Sneaking in the snow
Rules and Conditions
Weapons: any permitted Bow
Scoring: highest scoring buck

3 with the .300
Rules and Conditions
Weapons: .300 Bolt action rifle
Scoring: Combined score of your 3 heaviest sitka deer harvested.

Sneaking in the snow Crossbow addition
Rules and Conditions
Weapons: Reverse crossbow.
Scoring: Longest shot. If an animal is harvested with multiple shots the shortest shot is counted
as your competition entry

Snow Sniper
Rules and Conditions
Weapons: Any permitted firearm.
Scoring: Longest shot. If an animal is harvested with multiple shots the shortest shot is counted
as your competition entry
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Whiterime Ridge Travel missions by Hardtree

Post by Alena Rybik »

Whiterime Ridge Travel missions by Hardtree
Intro:
Locations:
(North) Kosatka Whaling Harbour, Danforths Refugium
(South) Tatanka Thermal Spring, Afterland Lodge

Animals:
Snowshoe Hare, Arctic Fox, Sitka Deer, Moose, Bison

Tags:
Arctic, Inuit, Whiteout, Missing animals, Spoor(s), Hiking,
Travelling,

The following missions contain some specific numbers of distances, masses and scores as well as coordinates and names for specific spots on the map.
These numbers and names/coordinates should be adjusted/corrected by the developers.

Story:

Hey hunter!
Few days ago there was a heavy storm at Whiterime Ridge. An Inuit told us about a white-out. They´re missing the animals at the places they usually are at. Please - we need your help to find the spoors of the animals to make sure the natives can survive the winter!

Missions:

1. Finding the first spoors after the white-out!
The animals weren´t seen for a while now. We need to find tracks to know how many are still there. A trapper has seen some at the "Tatanka Thermal Spring". Can you please pursue this clue?
  • Start at the Afterland Lodge in the South of Whiterime Ridge
  • Then visit the Tatanka Thermal Spring (x:-4040 y:-8776) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Snowshoe Hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Arctic Fox

2.They are well hidden - find them!
You know that the old "Kosatka Harbour" which became a popular playground for the Inuit´s kids. They report the adults of Arctic Foxes and Sitka deer. Could you check for us, please?
  • Start at the Danforths Refugium in the North of Whiterime Ridge
  • Visit the Kosatka Whaling Harbour (x:-5364 y:-12584) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, spot a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, spot an Arctic Fox

3.They are huge - don´t be afraid!
Thank you for your support so far! Now we know that there are not so massive losts as we feared. Unfortunately we still need coats and meat ASAP for friends. We´d appreciate your help with your skills.
  • Have a look from where the big rivers are crossing (x:-5820 y:-10340) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a track from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a second track from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a third track from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, spot a male Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, take a Bison from 120m or more

4.Small but mighty!
We know your skills and trust in them. It seems there´s a tiny
issue with foxes and hares...could you please "tidy up" a bit?
We need to keep the population well balanced!
  • Visit the Fletchett´s Delta (x:-6932 y:-11744) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Snowshoe Hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from a Snowshoe Hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a Snowshoe Hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a second Snowshoe Hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a second Arctic Fox

5.Excess of Bison-population!
The Bisons are spreading out too much in the area. Reduce the population -for the balance- please. No worries - the Inuit get all the coats and meat!
  • Then arrive at the "Blowy Mountains" (x:-4388 y:-9316) in the same hunt (It´s an Inuit Name)
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from the same Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from the same Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest the same Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a second Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a third Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a forth Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a fifth Bison

6.Excess of Deer!
You guess right - in the meantime, the population of the "sweet" Sitka Deer has also increased. Keep the balance to give them the necessary space.
  • Visit the Fletchette´s Creek (x:-5500 y:-11024) in the same hunt
  • Have a look from north on the Fletchette´s River (x:-4430 y:-11548) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from the same Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from the same Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, spot the same Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest the same Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a second Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest another male Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a fifth Sitka Deer

7. Ground game is growing out!
The balance of the hare-population is unlikely. Please correct it before it is too late. Thank you in advance!
  • Visit the Fletchette´s Lake (x:-5236 y:-9588) in the same hunt
  • Have a look from south on the Fletchette´s River (x:-6152 y:-9716) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from a Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from the same Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest the same Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID tracks from another Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID droppings from that Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest that (2nd) Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a third Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a forth Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a fifth Snowshoe hare

8.Are you light on your feet? (pt.1)
We need to know our stand now. How is the balance? Check some known places which are well-liked by the animals. We don´t know what we would do without your knowledge of Whiterime Ridge!
  • Visit the Fletchette´s Delta (x:-6932 y:-11744) in the same hunt
  • Have a look from where the rivers are crossing (x:-6668 y:-9732) in the same hunt
  • Have a look from where the rivers are crossing again (x:-5820 y:-10340) in the same hunt
  • Arrive at the Fletchette´s Lake (x:-5236 y:-9588) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Bison with the Revolver Kaliber .454
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Arctic Fox with the 12 GA Buckshot
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Sitka Deer with the 12 GA Buckshot

9.Are you light on your feet? (pt.2)
...sounds like a repetition? Hope your feet are well again to check the so-well-liked places in the south... Prepare yourself - it´s a huge challenge!
  • Check "the finger" at the eastern coast (x:-3356 y:-8820) for some clues in the same hunt.
  • Visit the eastern creek (x:-3220 y:-10356) in the same hunt
  • Cross the the river at the falls (x:-4124 y:-11724) in the same hunt - enjoy the nice view!
  • Arrive at the Kosatka Whaling Harbour (x:-5364 y:-12584) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from a Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Bison with a weight of at least 750kg
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Sitka Deer with a weight of at least 65kg
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Arctic Fox with a weight of at least 6kg
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Snowshoe hare with a weight of at least 1.6kg

10.The sky is so blue OR Keep on beaten path?!
You must know it at best: The Blues coming quick, right?! We need someone special...you have the most experience to do that!
  • Visit the Fletchette´s Lake (x: y:) in the same hunt - don´t forget your ice skates!
  • Follow the river to the crossing notherly (x: y:)
  • Enjoy the view on the Fletchette´s Delta (x: y:) in the same hunt
  • Pass by the Danforths Refugium in the same hunt
  • Arrive at the Kosatka Whaling Harbour (x: y:) in the same hunt
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from a Snowshoe hare
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from an Arctic Fox
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from a Sitka Deer
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from a Bison
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID a set of tracks from a Moose
  • At any point during the same hunt, ID an audio clue from a Moose
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Bison with a score of 115 or more
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Moose with a score of 220 or more
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Sitka Deer with a score of 70 or more
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Arctic Fox with a score of 14 or more
  • At any point during the same hunt, harvest a male Snowshoe hare with a score of 17 or more
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

I really hoped for some new kind of competitions, but it's as usual the same.
Shoot with shotgun, longest distance, total weight and so on....
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Snowshoe Hare missions by Bengalis17

Post by HooCairs »

Alena Rybik wrote:

Description: The plane finally arrived. The colleague who «inspired» me this research sent me a note. It was a trap, a big lie. Nobody ever saw any arctic hare in this region. It always have been a snowshoe hare region… He made me lose my time while he was getting the grant. We need to take revenge. The naturalised snowshoe hare of the University collection were given by him, so if we can bring more beautiful hare, they will surely expose them, so everyone can see I have bigger… hare than him!

Objectives:
@Alena: I believe the max weight for a male snowshoe is 1800. 1750 is a really rare trophy and might be too difficult to get for many of us unless we shoot hundreds of them. Please reconsider using a lower weight. e.g. 1650.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
bengalis17

Re: Snowshoe Hare missions by Bengalis17

Post by bengalis17 »

HooCairs wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

Objectives:
@Alena: I believe the max weight for a male snowshoe is 1800. 1750 is a really rare trophy and might be too difficult to get for many of us unless we shoot hundreds of them. Please reconsider using a lower weight. e.g. 1650.
I must say I looked at the best scores of hare regardless of the gender, so if the male are significantly scoring less (as Hoocairs says (and I believe I would personally trust his word on this one!) it might be a good idea to have different scores for males and females.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”