Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
pnShen
Hunter

Re: Design a mission or competition pack for theHunter

Post by pnShen »

attenders! please share your missions with us here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p776543
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

@HooCairs: All scores, coordinates, geographical names (there is Fletchette's lake in one mission set, for example) and similar will of course be looked through thoroughly and adjusted by Daniel.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

:arrow: Alena Rybik thanks cause some of them score values are insane on top end like 220 sc. Moose and 120 points Buffalo and such in one of the travel missions. Otherwise mission proposals looks cool and hours of moderate fun. Jack
Tripsalot
Scout

Post by Tripsalot »

They all look ok and congrats to the winners. I am just wondering what the inuit are doing on my private hunting reserve.
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Linden wrote:Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.
The mission where you need to kill 5 sitka bucks with heart shots in the same hunt was designed to be a challenge. It is mission #9 after all. When I designed it I did not take into account the fact that some people cannot hunt longer than an hour and a half without crashing. It really is not that hard to find 5 sitka bucks in the same hunt. However, if the community wishes and the devs agree I do not see a problem with reducing the number to four sitka bucks. :)
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Sadly, current/ongoing glitches don't seem to be taken into consideration for any new missions, special events or special comps. I feel for you, Linden and anyone else who basically can't hunt that terribly flawed reserve, that really sucks. :(
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

Mills wrote:
Linden wrote:Now that the first bison comp fired up I thought I might have another look to the mission and comp scenarios. Keeping in mind that in WRR after 1 and a half hour- 2 hours the game crashes (all my stays AFTER that period ended 100% in crashes and I had hundreds and so had my friends, we all use UHD resolutions bythe way), how could one, for instance, make that Sitka mission where you have to kill 5 buck hitting their hearts, IN THE SAME HUNT ? You can't find 5 buck in the same area, you have to travel a lot, let alone you have to hit them in that area specifically. The same for other missions where large number of animals in the same hunt are required. So maybe you should reconsider some mission parameteres BEFORE they are released.
The mission where you need to kill 5 sitka bucks with heart shots in the same hunt was designed to be a challenge. It is mission #9 after all. When I designed it I did not take into account the fact that some people cannot hunt longer than an hour and a half without crashing. It really is not that hard to find 5 sitka bucks in the same hunt. However, if the community wishes and the devs agree I do not see a problem with reducing the number to four sitka bucks. :)
Well the fact that game crashes for people who have UHD monitor s(and use UHD resolutions) is not, obviously, your fault. But if the game goes on like it is, without solving these severe mistakes (how can you really enjoy this game if it crashes all the time in UHD resolutions I ask ?), then some adjustments must be make. That's what I meant by my post. It will be up to them I guess in the end...
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Has anyone made a sitka dear mission pack? Otherwise i wonna go ahead and try
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Gravenslund wrote:Has anyone made a sitka dear mission pack? Otherwise i wonna go ahead and try
Yes, has been decided on and is hopefully in development: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 01#p775901
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”