Settler Creeks Load Outs

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which two load outs do you like the most?

Poll ended at August 7th, 2015, 5:48 pm

21%
3%
17%
10%
16%
9%
12%
12%

Total votes: 58
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Settler Creeks Load Outs

Post by Alena Rybik »

Settler Creeks Load Outs

Browse through the following 8 load outs, pick two you like most and vote for them in the poll.

1. Settler Creeks Universal by BuiuRei

Description: With this loadout you're ready for any animal on SC, be it small game (with the .22 rifle), be it a charging pig or bear (.454), be it in extreme range (Raptor with 12x scope), not to mention really silent kills with the Parker with rangefinding sight!

2. Settler Creeks Expert by MetalMind

Description: - you can hunt all species silently using bow and Ghillie Outfit properties
- when you need to use firepower then you can hunt all species using legendary Pump Action Shotgun - load-out features all kinds of shells
- shoot some turkeys and rabbits precisely using deadly and very accurate .22 rifle

3. Settler Creeks Gobbler Run by holliday50

Description: This is the ultimate loadout for hunting turkey on Settler Creeks, while having the ability to ethically take every other species that resides there. There are many 12 gauge shotguns to choose from in theHunter, but there is only one with an actual turkey engraved on it. For that reason, we choose the 12 gauge side by side Engraved shotgun as our first weapon. For the 2nd weapon, we choose the Parker Python bow for silent kills. We're mounting a 5-pin rangefinder sight to the bow for those longer turkey shots where precision is needed. As a sidearm, we're packing the .44 Custom, which we can ethically take every other species on the reserve, other than rabbits. For rabbits, we can use either the shotgun or the bow. We're including both the turkey locator call & the box call, 3 turkey decoys, and a deer grunt, elk bugle & hog squealer. This covers us for calls for every species on Settler's. We'll carry a First Aid Kit in case of a hog or bear attack, or those pesky run-ins with gravity. Settler's Creek has some thick underbrush in places, so we'll carry a Ground Blind that we can set up so we can stand up & get above the thick brush & see those birds coming in. For camo, we'll wear a full ghillie suit & apply face paint. We'll also carry scent eliminator spray in case we want to pursue a trophy whitetail, elk, hog or bear.

4. Settler Creeks General by BuddyBryan

Description: My .30-06 is perfect for all deer species and it is always super accurate, so whenever I am hunting anything on four legs at long-range, it is my go to rifle. And of course, I never leave home without my Python! It is great for those quiet medium to short ranged shots. And then I have my .454 for those piggies and the occasional bear.

My choice for lures is based on hunting the bigger animals in Settler Creeks, such as elk and whitetail. I also plan on hunting hogs as I see them, but I don't plan on tracking them which is why I do not bring my pig lures. And of course, I never go anywhere without my digital camera! I have it with me always, for those beautiful scenery shots that I so often come across :-).

5. Settler Creeks universal by Ravenousfox

Description: This setup is perfect for ALL animals in Settlers Creek. From Rabbit to the mighty Elk I've got you covered.

6. Settler Creeks all comp loadout by waiora

Description:Comp name > weapon and tactics
Black bear > Bear stopper > Use .44 revolver and track only bears with max weight of 280 and 290kg

Cottontail > Top Cottontail > Use Pumpaction with birdshot, read all tracks and look for 1.7-2kg females

Feral Hog > Welcome to the jungle and Hoggin Day > Use the parker python check feeders and Track all 180-200 185-205 and 190-205 males

Rooseveld Elk > Best Bull > Use Parker python bow, Look for any tracks from groups or calls, Lure groups where you can spot them and check the size of trophy

Turkey > Gobble N Smoke > .50 cap lock, Spam the locator caller often, call any groups into the open and spot for males with a long beard

Whitetail > King of whitetail > Use Parker Python Listen for calls and look for tracks that are 80kg+

7. Sneaky Up Close Hunt by Khavy

Description: My favorite bow and muzzleloader reserve, as I love to sneak trough the woods and hunt up close!

8. Settler Creeks Individual but Classic Hunting style Load Out by ForstHeld

Description: This is the perfect load out for two goals: To hunt a classic hunting style and to attract every huntress in your reach.

If you love classic hunting and you want to impress other hunters with your stories about being eye to eye with the beast this is what you search.
All three weapons are designed to go for short range shooting. And to be able to get the animals near you I have packed all kind of lures and scent that are needed to get the Settler Creeks species as close as possible.

If you want to tell your story about being eye to eye with the dangerous hog, bear or the impressiv elk you have to come back alive, so a medkit is a good idea. And if one of the magnificent creatures, the charming huntress, crosses your way you really need the scent eliminator to be a gentleman.

Our clothing had to fit for this dual use approach either. As we crouch most of the time to come close to the animals our visual protection is mostly needed at our body. The Sneaky 3D Forrest Camouflage Jacket does not only keep you warm and dry out in the woods and looks very stylish but also provides excellent visual camo vs. all species in temperate forest areas during the summer. So it s a perfect choice for our goals.

The hat and the pants don't need a special explanation - they are simple but work fine and look good. The Doc Monsignor Gloves, made out of the finest leather avaiable, not only provide a scent reduction versus species of the deer family, they also showsa fine sense for tasteful clothing.

And now to the two important features of our outdoor outfit:

The 'Pilot Sunglasses' you need them truly simply because: Its never too dark to be cool.

The 'Snakeskin Boots' if you have to ask why they are so important you maybe missed the whole concepd of this load out but to give you a hint I say it freely adapted from Sailor Ripley from the movie 'Wild at Heart':

"These are my snakeskin boots! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief... in personal freedom."

Return to “Official Community Competitions”