Redfeather Falls Load Outs

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Which two load outs do you like the most?

Poll ended at August 7th, 2015, 5:36 pm

2%
6%
11%
11%
2%
21%
10%
3%
3%
8%
2%
3%
3%
3%
6%
5%

Total votes: 62
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Browse through the following 16 load outs, pick two you like most and vote for them in the poll.

1. Redfeather Falls Oldschool Iron Sighted Big Game by archypro

Description: I'm using this setup to hunt mostly Roosevelt Elk, Black Bear and Moose. I use iron sights mostly because I don't have money to buy scopes, but also because I am hunter irl and I use iron sights there too.

2. Redfeather Falls for Moose, Elk and Deer hunt by Cavemanhead

Description: A deer hunter must have some scent reduction and some hunter orange. The 9.3x62 Anschutz rifle is for big bucks and elk. The crossbow is for stealth kills and smaller bucks\bulls, or when they are in a group and a loud gunshot could scare them off. The .44 is for self-defense and short range hunting.

3. Redfeather Falls Big Game UCP (Up Close & Personal) by Kosanderi

Description: I use this set up when wandering the northern side of Red Feather Falls hunting mostly moose and elk. Both powerful bows are very capable for these species. I like to carry at least one firearm with me when hunting in reserves that have bears and as the third spot went for El Toro hands down. As a personal opinion I like the iron sights better than scope. This revolver saved me once from a certain wounding by a bear that had sneaked behind me while I was waiting for a herd of elks. Not only did it stop the attack but killed the bear before it hit the ground. First Aid Kit is a must in this game as it is in real life. As I'm moving around the map I don't carry large equipment with me.

Boone & Crockett bundle works great with moose and elk. With it one can easily call these animals very close for a clean and fast kill with bows.

4. Redfeather Falls Universal for All Available Game Species by HunterBooth

5. Redfeather Falls Universal Load Out by teamkiller678

6. Redfeather Falls Gentleman Hunter by holliday50

Description: This loadout is about two things: taking trophy game & looking right proper in your trophy shot pictures. For the first weapon, we'll carry the most beautiful weapon in theHunter, the 9.3x62 Anschutz Engraved mounted with a 3-9x40 scope. For the silent kills, we'll take along the beautiful hand-carved Recurve bow. Finally, for a sidearm, we'll take along the masterfully Engraved .308 Highwayman mounted with a 2-4x20 scope. These weapons are not only gorgeous, but each one is ethical for every species that calls Redfeather Falls home. We'll take along the Rangefinder binoculars & every caller you would ever need in Red Feather Falls, a can of Wind indicator spray & Scent eliminator spray, as well as a First aid kit in case we end up making a bear angry. We'll throw a Treestand on our back in case we want to set up & call something in. Finally, we'll wear the Doc Monsignor "Royal" suit, which will work splendidly on this reserve and look dashing!

7. Redfeather Falls: All species set by Bowhunter05

Description: This is my go-to loadout when I am hunting on Red Feather Falls. This loadout has everything you need to kill any animal on the reserve. The 30-06 and the .50 inline will bring down any game you see. The Parker Python is used for up close encounters and happens to be used a lot.

8. Redfeather Falls load out by liukahn

9. Redfeather Falls load out by Lucky

10. The Rambo Drill Sergeant (Redfeather Falls Edition) by BicBoiBukLau

Description: A "Rambo Drill Sergeant" styled set built for hunting in the Red Feather Falls Reserve. The set comes with the reliable .300 Bolt Action Rifle for precise & powerful shots that are capable of stopping any moose in its tracks. The set includes the 12GA Pump Action Shotgun with Slug & Buckshot shells. The buckshot being useful for the Whitetail & Blacktail deer you find in the reserve. The set conncludes with the .454 Revolver "El Toro", this personal hand cannon is in the set for personal defense against black bears & charging moose.

The set requires certain callers for the reserve, unless you're willing to fully stalk hunt only (which is fun as well, but Rambo doesn't like to waste time. Things need to die quickly, and that's why our arsenal is so heavy). The set requires the Deer "Grunt" or "Bleat" call, for the Whitetail and Blacktail deer commonly found in the Red Feather Falls reserve. The Elk "Bugle" call is essential for elk hunting in the south east & north east forests/hills. The moose caller is optional but highly recommended since they're common on the coasts near elk spots. The bear bait is optional and can be switched off for the wind indicator/camping supplies. Note: you do need a barrel and time for the bait to be useful, so pack supplies if you do not have a bear barrel. The final item in the set is face paint/camo for the extra gritty look.

11. Redfeather Falls load out by Cocolino

12. Redfeather Falls Bear Killer by ChrabikPL

13. Redfeather Falls (All In One Pack) by CRoWsNeST

14. Redfeather Falls Universal Loadout by MooseHunter330

15. Redfeather Big Game Session by steinper

16. Redfeather Falls Competitional by JackRbbt

Description: Light but powerful weaponry, suitable for medium size game (whitetail and blacktail deer) and big game (elk, moose and black bear). Callers and scent lures are perfect for setting traps, especially for blacktail deer and elk.
Bonaventura
Outfitter

Re: Red Feather Falls Load Outs

Post by Bonaventura »

@Alena:
Is #12 meant as a joke?
It comes with a red deer caller instead of a moose caller, no elk caller and two deer callers where only one is needed.
On top of that it contains half a dozen packs of ammo for weapons that aren't even present in the load-out!

If this suggestion made it anywhere near top 5, it would be a disgrace for theHunter.
My season stats
Spoiler:
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Red Feather Falls Load Outs

Post by Alena Rybik »

Bonaventura wrote:@Alena:
Is #12 meant as a joke?
It comes with a red deer caller instead of a moose caller, no elk caller and two deer callers where only one is needed.
On top of that it contains half a dozen packs of ammo for weapons that aren't even present in the load-out!

If this suggestion made it anywhere near top 5, it would be a disgrace for theHunter.
All load outs uploaded are the ones we received and which qualified according to the rules set out in the competition overview. I was not cross-checking every single item for compatibility with the corresponding reserve animals. Next time I would probably add a rule that a submission should make sense as well.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”