Best reserve load-outs

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Best reserve load-outs

Post by HooCairs »

CRoWsNeST wrote:Are we allowed to use any items we want ? Example Weapons, Ammo, Lures, Clothing, Equipment, Large Equipment. Can we use as many items as we can place in are Equipment area to reach 100% ? Is there a set number of items we are allowed to use ? You said at least 10 and 4 slots so we can go over this number ?
At least does indeed mean you can go over. Don't over-complicate this. ;)

By the way, I have heard your best chances are if you places 4 tents in your bottom slot.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
officialwafflez
Hunter

Post by officialwafflez »

HooCairs wrote:
CRoWsNeST wrote:Are we allowed to use any items we want ? Example Weapons, Ammo, Lures, Clothing, Equipment, Large Equipment. Can we use as many items as we can place in are Equipment area to reach 100% ? Is there a set number of items we are allowed to use ? You said at least 10 and 4 slots so we can go over this number ?

By the way, I have heard your best chances are if you places 4 tents in your bottom slot.
Mostly because for 4 tents is 2200em$ in EW's Pocket :lol:
In all seriousness though are we allowed to have a tent as one of the slots, that would just allow the ultimate loadout as you could change on the fly.
ingame name is BryanTheHunter
CRoWsNeST

Post by CRoWsNeST »

HooCairs wrote:
Take a screenshot of your favourite load-out (both equipment and clothing sections) and send both images to [email protected] before May 5th 23:59 CEST. No entries posted in this thread will be considered, it is for discussing the rules only. All qualifying entries will be published in the forum for community voting (anonymous).
How is clarifying the rules over complicate this ? As it clear says in front page.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hawkeye wrote:For equipment, when you say "minimum 10 items", are we counting a weapon & it's scope to be 2 items, or are you saying that all 10 equipment slots need to be filled?
It says "at least 10 slots must be occupied", a weapon and a scope are two slots. I was counting the whole equipment inventory as 16 slots + space in the backpack.
Hawkeye wrote:As a quick suggestion, these bundles are going to result in a lot of people getting many duplicates of some basic necessities, such as a grunt call or binoculars. It would be nice if, instead of the basic gear, maybe these bundles offered a different skin variant. For example, maybe a moose call in a Hemmeldal bundle would have a winter camo pattern.
That's an interesting suggestion but I am not sure we'll go that road. The bundles will mostly be beneficial for beginning hunters who want to buy everything to hunt in a specific reserve at a discounted price and get started quickly. But I think that old time hunters who already have the majority of items will also benefit from this, at least inspiration-wise.
Jackulwulf wrote:What about people who haven't unlocked the holster yet? I have all my small equipment slots unlocked but I don't have the holster yet. Would it be useless for me to enter in the competition?
I don't think it'd be useless. You can create a great sufficient load-out without a handgun.
Matthew_H wrote:Do we have to add all the info about the load outs, or just the screenshots? please reply as quick as you can, thanks!
Info as well, please.
CRoWsNeST wrote: Are we allowed to use any items we want ? Example Weapons, Ammo, Lures, Clothing, Equipment, Large Equipment. Can we use as many items as we can place in are Equipment area to reach 100% ? Is there a set number of items we are allowed to use ? You said at least 10 and 4 slots so we can go over this number ?
As many items as you want and can fit :) However, I'd say that in this competition the combined quality of the load-out is more important than the item quantity.
RedDog2

Post by RedDog2 »

How do we take a shot of our load-out, I have no idea.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Use any third-party software, like Fraps. Or if you're using Steam version, the integrated screenshot feature (default key is F12).
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

RedDog2 wrote:How do we take a shot of our load-out, I have no idea.
- In the game, hit the [Print Screen] button.
- Press Alt-Tab to get back to Windows.
- Start an email message to [email protected] and insert your screenshot there.
- Press Alt-Tab to get back to the game.
- Make a screenshot of the second part.
- Insert your screenshot into the email to EW.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

HooCairs wrote:
Flash news, HooCairs! <PrintScreen> does not works, the inventory is also part of the game and is not "captured" using traditional method. On using <PrintScren> you get a picture of your pre-game screen, most likely with web interface of the game or computer desktop.
Spoiler:

RagingRabbit
Spotter

Post by RagingRabbit »

JackRbbt wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Flash news, HooCairs! <PrintScreen> does not works, the inventory is also part of the game and is not "captured" using traditional method. On using <PrintScren> you get a picture of your pre-game screen, most likely with web interface of the game or computer desktop.

Fraps works just fine for this, had the same problem when I tried to take a screenshot :D
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

JackRbbt wrote:Flash news, HooCairs! <PrintScreen> does not works, the inventory is also part of the game and is not "captured" using traditional method. On using <PrintScren> you get a picture of your pre-game screen, most likely with web interface of the game or computer desktop.
IMO, that depends on whether you play in windowed or full-screen mode.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Official Community Competitions”