Best reserve set-up competition - Voting

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.

Choose 5 set-ups you like most (listed further down)

Poll ended at April 28th, 2015, 8:07 am

#1: SgtScott's Logger's Point
1%
#2: JackRbbt's Whitehart Island
6%
#3: Forst_Held's Hirschfelden
4%
#4: misskiki68's Val-des-Bois
3%
#5: Georg_lisjevik's Hirschfelden
1%
#6: Hawkeman's Hemmeldal
4%
#7: Lapehunter's Hirschfelden
2%
#8 \m/'s Hirschfelden
6%
#9: moose1337's Hemmeldal
1%
#10: Nexis981's Hemmeldal
1%
#11: Cireme's Val-des-Bois
4%
#12: MonacoSteve's Hirschfelden
5%
#13: Gritus's Redfeather Falls
1%
#14: jpm1's Hirschfelden
1%
#15: Pretty_Boy's Bushragers Run
5%
#16: IJRI's Whitehart Island
4%
#17: Nanders's Redfeather Falls
1%
#18: CHOMAR's Hemmeldal
1%
#19: Hutty's Hirschfelden
1%
#20: RavenousFox's Logger's Point
2%
#21: dino16's Redfeather Falls
1%
#22: DYEUZ's Hirschfelden
2%
#23: teleman's Hirschfelden
1%
#24: mikaeldude's Val-de-Bois
1%
#25: thierry67250's Val-des-Bois
1%
#26: Best0hunter's Val-des-Bois
1%
#27: cajunman45's Whitehart Island
2%
#28: Radamus's Whitehart Island
2%
#29: DarkLord's Val-des-Bois
3%
#30: mapache01's Whitehart Island
1%
#31: PROTOTYPE303's Redfeather Falls
1%
#32: wintergoose's Val-des-Bois
1%
#33: MTFX's Rougarou Bayou
1%
#34: Giwasu's Hirschfelden
1%
#35: MetalMind's Val-des-Bois
2%
#36: sansaoo's Hirschfelden
2%
#37: K4n4y's Whitehart Island
2%
#38: RagingRabbit's Hirschfelden
1%
#39: OSHAIo's Val-des-Bois
1%
#40: Jocke244444's Hirschfelden
1%
#41: mariusbouillon's Val-des-Bois
1%
#42: huron83's Hirschfelden
1%
#43: interarmz's Logger's Point
1%
#44: LooSeMuLe's Val-des-Bois
2%
#45: Ongeki's Redfeather Falls
1%
#46: Marlon Oliveira's Logger's Point
1%
#47: newbuck1's Val-des-Bois
1%
#48: said300's Hirschfelden
1%
#49: Hawkeye's Whitehart Island
3%
#50: moussa200's Hirschfelden
1%
#51: ShadowV74's Logger's Point
1%
#52: Andylaw12's Val-des-Bois
1%
#53: BuiuRei's Hirschfelden
1%
#54: HunterBooth's Hemmeldal
3%
#55: Heinz107's Hirschfelden
1%
#56: KTMax's Val-des-Bois
1%

Total votes: 497
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Best reserve set-up competition - Voting

Post by Alena Rybik »

Here are the reserve set-ups that qualify for the final stage, i.e:
  • have at least three different types of large equipment featured
  • were the only submission per hunter
  • make at least some sense (that means no hopping bear and gypsy town set-ups, although those were my personal favourites. The hopping bear has already become a meme in the EW team :)
  • is an actual player's set-up (all were checked)
If you entry is not posted here and you think it meets all requirements, please contact me via PM instead of asking in this thread, and I'll take a look into it.

There are 56 different set-ups, you can vote for 5 you like the most. Only registered forum members can vote. Soliciting or boosting votes in any way is not allowed, if we receive complaints about some of the participants asking for votes or registering multiple forum accounts we'll have to disqualify them. Thank you for understanding.

The poll will close on April 28th, 2015.

Comments are welcomed :)

PS: Please note that some images and texts were slightly edited to make the entries more clear and consistent; in some cases, when the quality of the screenshot was poor, the screenshots were re-taken so you might notice some differences from the original postings. If you are not satisfied with the edits in your entry, let me know.
SgtScott
Hunter

SgtScott's Logger's Point set-up

Post by SgtScott »

#1: SgtScott's Logger's Point set-up

My LP map setup, I hope to add more treestands, tents and blinds in the future, and maybe move the towers around, but for now this is it.

The treestand: Will get you Hogs, Whitetails, Mules and an odd Yote.
The tower overlooking 'Canyon Creek' will get you: Rabbit, Yotes, Whitetails, Hogs and an odd Mule.
The last two towers will get you: Whitetails, Mules and some other animals.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

JackRbbt's Whitehart Island set-up

Post by JackRbbt »

WINNING SET-UP

#2: JackRbbt's Whitehart Island set-up

My entry (of course, cannot be other!) is the famous "turkeys' slaughterhouse", from North Whitehart Island:

Summary: 2 tents, 5 ground blinds, 4 tree stands, 1 depoyable tower (and 2 full spread turkey decoys). Details about "fine tuning", how I use it and some tactics are here.

It evolved during the time, but stories are many: using it, I won 6 golds, 2 silvers and 1 bronze trophy in turkey competitions and 1 gold and 1 silver trophy on coyote competitions (as a funny note, from the most southern ground blind, the one nearest to camp site, I shot a turkey and a coyote winners within 10 minutes :D ). Also, two 190+ blacktails and a surprising (for that area) 187+ whitetail bucks (http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/jackr ... /204477315) fell under its spell! :)

Additional details:

My setup contains:
- 2 tents (orange, because are place inside the forest and are easier to find, but forest camo can be also used)
- 5 ground blinds (basic camo)
- 4 treestands
- 1 deployable tower
- 3 full spread turkey decoys

They are placed as follows:
1 - South-Western meadow: 1 tent (as close as possible to treeline, one ground blind in the middle of the meadow, two tree stands, one facing East (the closest to the tent one), one on higher level, facing North-North East, across the upper field.
2 - South side of the lake: 1 ground blind, 30-35 meters East from the road, one tree stand facing East-North East, 1 decoys full spread, 38 meters from the tree stand.
3 - Eastern meadow: 1 deployable tower, 1 ground blind, 1 decoys full spread at 40 meters from tower and blind.
4 - North Eastern meadow: 1 ground blind right in the middle of the meadow.
5 - Flanker's "gold mine": 1 tent, 1 tree stand facing South (along the road), 1 decoys full spread at 38 meters from tree stand.
6 - North Western meadow: 1 ground blind on meadow's margin (single elevated position, good visibility all around).

@1:
tent X: -14424 , Y: 5845
ground blind X: -14334, Y: 5837
tree stand #1 X: -14424, Y: 5776 - facing North-East
tree stand #2 X: -14392, Y: 5809 - facing East (use it on better spotting from far, for turkeys coming out of the forest)

@2:
ground blind X: -13956, Y: 5710
tree stand X: -13984, Y: 5706 - facing North (along the lake shore)
decoys X: -13962, Y: 5694

@3:
ground blind X: -13714, Y: 5497
deployable tower X: -13704 , Y: 5436
decoys X: -13697, Y: 5508

@4:
ground blind X: -13830, Y: 5171

@5:
tent X: -14384, Y: 4922
treestand X: -14347, Y: 4896 - facing South (along the road)
decoys X: -14330, Y: 4997

@6:
ground blind X: -14409, Y: 5207

Decoys are placed into equilateral triangle shape, with 6-10 meters edge. Coordinates are for the center of that triangle.
Spoiler:

ForstHeld
Outfitter

Forst_Held's Hirschfelden set-up

Post by ForstHeld »

#3: Forst_Held's Hirschfelden set-up

My personal favorite is my HF setup which allows me to reach hot spots for every species and reach my 3 100% Feeder. There is a waterfowl blind next to the centrally located tent.
Misstik
Hunter

misskiki68's Val-des-Bois set-up

Post by Misstik »

#4: misskiki68's Val-des-Bois set-up

This is my favorite tent, I will tell you why. In the beginning I put this tent for Ibex hunting, but many people come into my game at this tent, don't say hello and run to the barrel...That's why I love it, they always fall down and die :twisted: :lol:
Georg_lisjevik

[b]Georg_lisjevik's Hirschfelden set-up[/b]

Post by Georg_lisjevik »

#5: Georg_lisjevik's Hirschfelden set-up

The tower is where I shot my first albino wild boar
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Hawkeman's Hemmeldal set-up

Post by Hawkeman »

#6: Hawkeman's Hemmeldal set-up

My best reserve setup is my Brown Bear baiting set-up on Hemmeldal, 3 barrels always reach 100 % really fast.
On the right hand side of the map there are my tripods in areas where I can call in all kind of animals on the map.
The bear bait at the top of the map is also good for Reindeer hunting because there are very often calls from Reindeer when I sit and wait for Bears.
The 2 other bear baits have their potential for Moose (the left hand one) and for Roe deer (right hand one)
All bear baits have 3 treestands, some of them ground blinds and tripods too.
All 3 bear baits give between 5-8 bears, top result 12 bears per bait station when using bows. There is a lot of activity around the bait stations of the other animals in the reserve and can give really good results, both in animals and trophies, but then you have to bowhunt.

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Lapehunter's Hirschfelden set-up

Post by Lapehunter »

#7: Lapehunter's Hirschfelden set-up

The western tree stand with the tent as easy game starting point is the best tree stand location I've found ever to hunt European animals. Fantastic Roe Deer areas fulfilled with Red Deer, Wild Boar and also occasional Red Fox visits. Perfect place for bow hunting - I've managed to kill over 15 animals there in 1 hour IRL time.

Setup in the Eastern areas is my driven hunt setup, also with goose decoys. Drivers start from the north and hunters wait on the tripods or towers. It's a good route.

Image Image
\m/
Outfitter

\m/'s Hirschfelden set-up

Post by \m/ »

#8 \m/'s Hirschfelden set-up

Red dots: 3 Deployable towers, 1 Treestand, 1 Camper Tent - for Red Deer & Red Fox hunting, the western tower near the tent is my Red Deer Massacre location while using bow.
Blue dots: 1 Camper Tent, 1 Tripod, 1 Hog Feeder - Starting at the tent and stalking Wild Boar from the Tripod at the 100% Feeder. Blue tent is also used for changing equipment while walking from north east part of the map to the south-west part at long time hunts.
Pink dots: 1 Camper Tent, 2 Waterfowl blinds, 24 Goose Decoys - 2 Waterfowl blinds placed 10m away from each other, Decoys in a circle around the blinds.
Green dots: 1 Groundblind, 1 Treestand, 1 Tripod - Placed near the river, there you have a perfect overwatch over the animals crossing the river.
Yellow dots: 3 Treestands, 1 Groundblind, 1 Tripod - Overview locations at open areas, for a short break or simple to hunt from.

Some days I hunt only in the south-west part for Red Deer and Red Fox, on other days only in the north-east part of the map for all other animals including Wild Boars. At weekend I sometimes do longtime hunts starting from the northern "pink" tent and moving to the area around the "red" tent. Today I saw 23 Wild Boars at the same time at the feeder :D, new record for me.
Now offline. Forever.
moose1337

moose1337's Hemmeldal set-up

Post by moose1337 »

#9: moose1337's Hemmeldal set-up

With this setup me and my friends have shot many animals on driven hunts. This setup is very good for beginners at driven hunts.
This setup can be used without towers also but the towers make the efficiency much better!

Return to “Official Community Competitions”