Share your best reserve set-up

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
huron83

Re: Share your best reserve set-up

Post by huron83 »

This great idea of ​​competition... :D :D

For me the best reserve is Hirschfelden , this is where it all started between me and this great game , I often come back because I lived real hunting sensation and shoot my first game "virtual" with a wild boar and red deer memorable ... I love it, really !!

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

WNorton wrote:Just woundering how may of these Post will be entered in to this competition, Seeing alot of them did not follow the simple rules.
[...]

I see Many edited maps, Screen shots on their hunt, Screen shots of thier setups
I honestly don't see anything in the rules that would disallow to edit the maps (with the exception of course of altering the equipment numbers/positions) or illustrate the story with screenshots or pics.

Actually, I think this creativity adds to the comp and its entertainment value to us readers. I cannot see a reason to complain.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
lof3

Post by lof3 »

http://prntscr.com/6uilal

I start at the Lodge and make my way to the northern tower and make my way down south, stopping at the other towers and my treestand. Pheasants, Mules and Whitetail are usually roaming near the towers, with an occasional yote or hog. At the end, I make my way to the southern tip where I can usually find a yote or two before fast tracking back to the lodge to replenish my supplies. Then I repeat my trek for a second time.
interarmz

Post by interarmz »

This reserve is my best, not because I've had a lot of memorable kills, but because it allows guest players to enjoy a full spread of what theHunter has to offer.

Last edited by interarmz on April 16th, 2015, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkfreak

Post by elkfreak »

Here is my favorite reserve set up :)
I know it does not have three pieces of equipment on it, but I am going to put two more spots to climb on it, one at the bottom next to Chalet lodge and one way up high, and I just did not have the time to do it before the comp. If I get disqualified I totally understand but I still wanted to participate :P. I love this set up because I can start at the tent and hunt all along the top for Ibex, then drop down to the river and hunt roes, reds, bear, and fox all the way down to Maison lodge where I can go up again for ibex if I want. It is an absolute stunningly beautiful hunt with high kill counts, long walks, and gives a great opportunity for spot and stalk Ibex hunting which is some of my favorite. Thanks for putting up such a great competition!

hmmm Im not sure why the image isn't loading, any ideas how to get it to work?
LooSeMuLe

Post by LooSeMuLe »

This is our set up for most of the Banzore (bZ) hunting members use for Val-des-Bois. You notice there is a lot of tents set up in the high ground area. We placed those high in order to save time, so that you are not spending most of your time climbing ropes. Also more tents in case you have killed all Ibex in your area it allows for quick movement to the next area without a lot of time wasted. A plus with having the tents high you are able to come down on top of the bear feeders. You will be able to see them at range as well as compete in the Long Shot for Brown Bears. In the bottom you will see a Tripod, seems strange but it is a very good place to set up shop for Fox’s and or Red Deer, it puts you in the middle of the water and you are able to see from a good distance, also you will hear most animals enter the water if you are not watching a certain sector., if you need help with any other maps such as barrel and feeder placements, just let one us know and we will be more than happy to help you out.

External Link: http://i.imgur.com/XusOuIc.jpg?1 (Larger View)

Ongeki
Spotter

Post by Ongeki »

My favorite thing in this game is hearing a bull elk bugle. So I made this set up where you can essentially track the herds and constantly have a nearby tower or something to climb into to get a view of the best bull without spooking them.

I also really dig seeing bears appear at random so I placed a bear barrel and a tree stand in the northwest corner of the map where I often find them as well as Moose, Whitetail, Blacktail and occasionally Elk. Its an excellent spot to hunt with lots of clear viewing and the water tends to trap the animals forcing them all to pass through that point.

For a larger view here is the external link: http://imgur.com/oe6doMY
Marlon Oliveira

Post by Marlon Oliveira »

I'll start with my tent that is the favorite, because with it can be near Whitetail Deer, Feral Hog, Cottontail Rabbit, as always guys around have done pretty slaughter in this region of the tent Within the handler for Feral Hog, was a the best place I've found to get it because I take the tent that is mine and the tower that the map already provides. My Ground Blind I put there to hunt Mule Deer power, Whitetail Deer and Cottontail Rabbit, because to a lot of them in this part of the reservation and can do a hunt with many slaughters for use Compound Bow "Snakebite" at Ground Blind, because is a very strong and efficient arc.

A day came focusing Feral Hog when I got the attendant I saw 30 of them, all focused and ended up getting kind of sad because there was no great. But it was very fun to see 30 Feral Hog together I really wanted to shoot them, but I use my handler only to focus only shoot him if there are a large.
newbuck1

Post by newbuck1 »

This is my favorite map. It is simply beautiful. The extra picture I loaded just because it was to beautiful not to post. The tents I set up for access to all animals in the map. The far right tent is set up for all of the animals on the map and provides not only excellent access to them it requires no extra equipment. I can simply walk to the Alpine rather than climb and if I don't want Alpine I simply walk the other way and down the mountain to a bear bait barrel I have set up for an excellent view. I have another tent set up in the mountains particular for the alpine which is in the north. Excellent spot if your only hunting Alpine. I also have a tree stand set up at the south end where I have noticed fox, red deer, roe, and rabbits, that spot seems like a heavy traffic area.

Thanks,

Newbuck
philippe21

Post by philippe21 »

my maps preferred or I made the beat with my friends :) :) :) :) :)

Code: Select all

[url]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11070782_824758684267166_4255344569898822720_n.jpg?oh=ef66bc356fb6aeaf067dae34cbc5ab7f&oe=5599D5B8&__gda__=1440490126_5a76c0e4f559afc9ad89dce3ac452c44[/url]

Return to “Official Community Competitions”