Share your best reserve set-up

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
said300

Re: Share your best reserve set-up

Post by said300 »

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Whiteheart Island was the only reserve available on theHunter for a really long time, but I never tired of it. The design of this reserve lends itself to great multiplayer hunts & my installation of equipment here is designed with MP hosting in mind. There are 7 different spawn points to give everybody enough space to hunt. Whiteheart already has 19 towers built on it, and I have added 9 treestands, 7 blinds & 3 tripod stands, for a total of 38 different stand locations. I have also installed 6 different turkey decoy locations, with the full compliment of 3 decoys in each location. They're a bit hard to see behind the blinds, so I highlighted their locations on the map. I have hosted MP hunts with 8 people hunting simultaneously on this map with no issues, and for that reason, this remains my favorite setup.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Awesome setup Hawkeye! So far my favorite one.
moussa200

Post by moussa200 »

ShadowV74

Post by ShadowV74 »

http://imgur.com/XH1Dk4z this is the link to my reserve. it is modest but I like it because all players can play here. New or old ptp or ftp. :)
Andylaw12

Post by Andylaw12 »

This may not look like much, in fact it just meets the requirements but I have a story to tell about this set up and how it came to be.

I messaged scorpioadena 4 months back asking about long shot bears and how to get over 300 meters, he sent me a forum link that explained a lot but it wasn't enough, I did a bit of testing and found a spot for my bait barrel located on a small section of the island. I managed to get 300 meters easily so that spot stuck, it was the tent placement that was difficult, spent 10 minutes attempting to set up my tent until I found a small spot near a few rocks where my dad set up his tent, he found the set up before me but I've done some tweaking to get a shot that put me in the leader boards for long range bear (318 meters to be exact). Since the day I've set up my bait barrel and tent I've bagged around 40 bear (rough estimate). I highly recommend this set up to anyone wanting bears at a distance or wants to just shoot some bears from the tower adjacent to the barrel.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

My humble contribution:

The north tent and Geese setup are at that place because that way I can use only one tent for easy access to both the waterfowl blind and the feeder (which is by far the best location for one I know - and I tried a lot, not to say other spots I had the opportunity to hunt on friend's maps), and the field where the waterfowl setup is, although not huge, works wonders!
The south tent and stand should not need any intros for those who ever hunted the region but I'm just gonna say that it is probably the single place where most monster red deer were taken on this game (now VdB have some great spots too but it still works dandy), not to mention lots of foxes and, although they usually come later on game, some roe deer (my biggest one was taken there, 253 if I'm not mistaken).
Anyway, I tried a lot of spots for feeders and stands on this map (and there are lots of good ones) but my Hirsh setup is like that because, if you don't have much resources to put on a single map, this allows you to have the "Full Hirsh Experience" with the minimum usage of equipment.
Spoiler:
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

OK ... Here's my 2nd Favorite setup ;) : Hemmeldal

These 3 "BEAR-Ls" are at 100% - they get there as fast as the game allows - and I generally have from 2 to as many as 8 bears at any one of 'em each time I visit that is, of course, if I leave 'em at 100%. They each have their own dedicated tent, but can easily be reached in short order by still hunting your way to and from. If you wish to try one or more of 'em out, I've given the coords to each element. And to save you guys some running around, I made a little movie from some of the stands, so you can "test drive" the view before you spend time looking if you've a mind to.

As with all BEAR-Ls, you'll soon learn the spots where satellite bears like to orbit. Look closely at the video, you can see a few bears that ain't all that obvious ... :D

NOTE: Puttin' that tower on those coords at Setup #1 can be a tight squeeze (between a rock, a tree, and the slope), but once you've done it, the view and firing lanes make it well worth the effort. And I hunt them in the sequence I presented, i.e., 1, 2, & 3, ... that means I use the tripod at Setup #3 to view the area around the barrel from a distance before I try to sneak in to one of my ground blinds and get mauled. I learned this the hard way ... many times! :lol:

pee ess: the bonus to this setup is that you can grind out your tracking/spotting skills more easily ... for instance, during the making of the above video clip, I picked tracks at each of the barrels, and went from 17% to 38% Level 17! I can usually "spot" in the double digits during each hunt at these barrels.

Makes no difference to me whether I win, lose, or draw ... you guys have fun! Remember! I gave you my 2nd Favorite setup. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
Heinz107

Post by Heinz107 »

this is my favorite:

Unfortunately, no comment, since I can not English, sorry
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Heinz107 wrote:Unfortunately, no comment, since I can not English, sorry
Schreib's doch in deutsch und jemand übersetzt es hier für dich. ;)

Write it in German and someone here will translate it for you.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Official Community Competitions”