Share your best reserve set-up

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
KTMax
Spotter

Re: Share your best reserve set-up

Post by KTMax »

I'd call my set-up: Keeping it Simple

Nothing too fancy but certainly gets the job done, and the best thing is that even the player on the tightest budget can afford this (if they don't already have it that is).
The location is a passageway for many animals connecting the two landmasses, and due to the steep hills on both sides animals often tend to walk along the shore much of the time, giving you a great advantage as they are easy to spot. You will find that all the animals passes through this location (a part from the Ibex that exclusively roams the upper regions of the map).
The tent is there mostly for convenience, and serves as a start point, but it's also convenient because I can quickly walk up to it from my treestand or blind to access my inventory and get more ammo, chance to a different weapon ecc..
The treestand have served me well on many adventures, I perticually like it for fox hunting with a bow; I normally walk down about 15-20m in front of it, call, then walk back and wait for the foxes to trot in, I've had good success with this strategy; (on one hunt I took down 13 foxes just from this location).
Image (I collect them when there's nothing around so they are not in the way for when new foxes trot in).
The blind I tend to use more for shooting bears with a rifle, but I have also hunted a lot of Red Deer and Roe Deer with a bow from in there. Its got great view from the tip of the island and if I need to take a long range shot I normally just get out and go prone.

I have also some climbing gear on 2 mountain sections just north of Chalet du Mont-Bleu for quick access to Ibex country without having to walk miles around the hills to get up there.

This is basically my basic set-up, that everyone can enjoy without having to buy huge amounts of gear. As I said before, it's basic, but gets the job done 8-)

(btw, just in time for the competition :mrgreen: )
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Share your best reserve set-up

Post by Alena Rybik »

Lots of great set-ups, thanks everyone, your response to this competition has been overwhelming. I am locking down this thread now and will go through all submissions to pick the ones that qualify for the final voting phase. I was hoping to be able to do it before the end of the day today, but I can't promise I'll manage, considering the amount of submissions. In that case the voting thread will be published on Monday and you'll have more time to vote.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”