Trophy concept competition

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
baluuto

Re: Status Update 19th June 2014

Post by baluuto »

good idea gunrangejohn..so i start with my submission:

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Trophy concept competition

Post by Alena Rybik »

Here are some submissions to the competition that we found interesting, in addition to the two posted by gas56 and baluuto above (moved from the Status Update thread).

JackRbbt

MonacoSteve

theLakota

ImageImageImage

Redcaver

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

gas56 wrote:So I would like to see what you've decided for 2nd & 3rd place.
We've decided not to award the second and third places in this competition, because the submitted concepts (with the exception of the winner) were quite equal in their level and we had a hard time picking two that would stand out.

Having said that, we want to thank all participants once again, we do appreciate your time and efforts!
theGreyWolf
Spotter

Post by theGreyWolf »

The trophys look all very good. I'm a little bit suprised about the decision that the community should not vote.
I think my choice would have been the same like the one of the EW Team, but I like the trophys from baluuto and JackRbbt for example very much too and there have been enough suggestions to start a fair community voting and give all a fair chance.

I think this would have been more fair for all participants and two more people would have had the chance to win a nice prize money.

It is not really fair to reduce the number of honored places from three to one.
The rule was, the first three get a price, and for the participants it does not matter, if there have been only 10 more or 100 more suggestions.
They could not influence this and they did the same work, then they would have done if there would have been 100 suggestions.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
We've decided not to award the second and third places in this competition, because the submitted concepts (with the exception of the winner) were quite equal in their level and we had a hard time picking two that would stand out.

Having said that, we want to thank all participants once again, we do appreciate your time and efforts!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well there goes theHunters Crediblity. Your word is only as good as it stands up to be. Which right now is pretty low. When you said competition it didn't say how many would enter. But it did say by community voting. But then again you have the right to change rules even if their wrong. So take my Word I am taking the game off my computer. Because one thing I can't stand is to be lied too. In God we Trust
theGreyWolf
Spotter

Post by theGreyWolf »

I understand very well how you feel.
In the last community competition, I've spent a lot of hours to show my idea.
I didn't count them, but I'm sure, I've spent more than 60 hours.
Because I'm a worse drawer, especially drawing people is hard for me and I have no drawing program so I had to do it again and again AND I WAS SURE THAT I WILL NOT WIN!

I read the forums so I was absolutely sure, that the most player would like to see something like the ghillie suit in the game and I was sure, that someone will create one.
But I didn't care, because I wanted to show my idea and I thought "Maybe you can make the 2nd or 3rd place and maybe your idea will get into the game some day in the future."

Of course, it was a bit disappointing to get only the last place.
But it was ok. The other ones have been very good. A few really nice ideas and a few excellent paintings and I had a fair chance and could show my idea as it was promised before.

Such a change of the rules, from "The community vote" to "We just decide which one is best", would have been totally disappointing for me too and I'm sure, I would never again take part in a "community competition".
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Re: Trophy

Post by gunrangejohn »

gas56 wrote:Create the concept for a theHunter trophy

Rules:

Only 1 contribution per member is allowed. If you send several contributions, you’ll unfortunately be disqualified.
Your concept has to be drawn on paper or in your favorite drawing software, the scan/photo/image file is to be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “theHunter trophy competition - your player’s name”
The deadline for submitting your concepts is June 5th 23:58 CEST. Concepts submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Your submission has to be a set consisting of three trophy variations (for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places).
After the deadline the team will evaluate submissions and post the ones that qualify in the forums
Winners will be chosen by community voting

Awards:

1st place – 3000 em$ + the concept will get incorporated into theHunter and replace the coin trophy awarded for our standard competitions.
2nd place - 2000 em$
3d place - 1000 em$

Please note:

This thread is for discussion about the competition, only designs sent by email will be considered.
The design has to be drawn by hand, photo collages will not be considered.
We reserve the right to change and adapt the original idea as much as needed, to keep it in line with theHunter style.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So I would like to see what you've decided for 2nd & 3rd place. Since there was no voting, at least all the trophy entries should be shown to show what other work was submitted from the other designers?

Wolfs would be good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my prototype

very nice man. :)
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

guys congrats on your entry's and i myself was learning more about the programs
so i could not enter this time.i will however post my mock up that i have created soon.and EW please
learn from this comp.its really not far what you did. ;) trust is everything.
Paul_Goselaar
Hunter

Post by Paul_Goselaar »

Alena Rybik wrote:

so which trophy won ? It's not clear, you showed some submissions.
Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

Paul_Goselaar wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

so which trophy won ? It's not clear, you showed some submissions.
Check> http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-87/

Return to “Official Community Competitions”