Spot a Dev Competition

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Re: Spot a Dev Competition

Post by Swampfox »

Zed McJack wrote:I have to say, that while trying to hunt a dev (and earn some em$) I actually the very first time tried the Multiplayer :shock: .
It was ok, I met a couple of nice guys there and of course found a couple of abusers as well ;) .
MP was very different experience then hunting alone and I recommend other solo hunters (like I am) to try it, preferably with friends at first, but you should try it anyway.
The hunt is never dull, you always have info what other hunters are doing in the reserve even if they are not just beside you. And even better you can communicate with them all the time, while tracking animals.

One nice event that topped all of it: On Loggers point myself and the other guy(Yellow player(cant remember username)) started from border lodge I had a couple hundred meters advance but he eventually overrun me when we came close to the "Three Lakes". The host(blue player) came from the south and was as well on the top of the (other side's) hill. The group of Mule bucks was just at the lakes and firing simultanously evereone harvested a buck!
The yellow abuser took the biggest racks and disconnected straight away, while the host and I continued to hunt for some time.

A couple of things that bothered me were of course abusers and inconsistent connections that always interrupted the hunt. While some of the messages have been very informative (you were kicked by the host :lol: ) others were not ( TEST - quit ???)

Another nice thing was that by joining MP I tried other hours of the hunt beside my usual morning hours. That changed the colors and scenery and was pleasure to watch(for a change).

Thats it, thanks for a push, otherwise I might never try MP.
Ironically, this was also my very first time trying the Multiplayer Hunting. Mainly because my old computer just wouldn't handle it. Now that I have a new system, and with the devs visiting the reserves, I hosted & started a MP hunt in Rougarou hunting ducks. I was thoroughly impressed and enjoyed hunting with Alomatic, Starfik12, and Manuelos, and what impressed me most was that each one of these guys, asked permission to join me in the hunt, and I found that very admirable. Thank you guys, you are welcome to hunt with me anytime!

I enjoyed it so much, went in to Hemmeldal on another MP hunt and had a great time chasing Brown Bears with HunterKing99 and saaaamhilll. Unfortunately, never had the pleasure to meet any of the staff and devs, but for the first time hunting in MP, it was great and I now have some new friends that I would not hesitate to hunt with. Then of course, there were the ones that just connected, never asked to join, never said a word, ran around shooting and then disconnected.

Hope that maybe we will all have another chance to hunt and meet with our staff members, thanks for the opportunity... 8-)
Spoiler:
JohnDP
Tracker

Post by JohnDP »

when will the winners be posted and where?
snakeyes32
Outfitter

Post by snakeyes32 »

They where posted go back to page 16 there posted in a link there by Alena Rybik.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Well, that comp was a funny nice idea.
I had tried to set up a "dev lure" by opening a game called "Spot MonacoSteve" hoping one or the other of the EW crew coud not resist to jump in, but it did not work as intended - this session was nearly always 100% full with alot other people... :lol:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

@MonacoSteve: And many of them are having pictures with you now. I really hope you behaved! :lol:
Spoiler:

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

MonacoSteve wrote:this session was nearly always 100% full with alot other people... :lol:
Haha, that was sure to happen! :lol:
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
0celot
Outfitter

Post by 0celot »

Just wondering, when are we gonna do another one of these?
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

0celot wrote:Just wondering, when are we gonna do another one of these?
We're definitely going to do more of those if people are up to it, maybe in a slightly different format.
jpnaquin87

Post by jpnaquin87 »

im definantly looking forward to that.

Return to “Official Community Competitions”