Waterfowling "Tryout?"

Invitations to hunts and discussions of Multiplayer related issues
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Waterfowling "Tryout?"

Post by TheSheWolf »

Is there anyone with a Rougarou waterfowling setup who's willing to let me have an hour or so trying out waterfowling on their MP map? Or anyone who runs them frequently?

I'd bought a retriever + the long range mallard caller to try it out to begin with, but before I go sinking too much more $$ into it I'd like to see if it's really for me. Normally I'm very much a deer hunter but I figured I'd like to give this a try. I'm on EU time and a daytime hunt on my time zone (CEST/+2) would probably be best. I don't necessarily need babysitting/tutorial during the hunt, just a setup, though of course company is welcome. As a sidenote, I only have THE basic shotgun with birdshot, at the moment. Hopefully that's enough :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Waterfowling "Tryout?"

Post by caledonianblues »

I can help you out later tonight for an hour or two, if that helps. I'm in Stockholm, so CET. I have a good spread and a bunch of blinds. If you're interested just let me know and we can set something up.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'd love to; my concern though is my connectivity. I've never had an issue connecting to MP games before but INTIMID883R tried to put one up for me, and I'm getting a "Could not connect to host - restart game" error message. I'll try the steps listed over here-- http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Multipl ... ion_Issues later on, I suppose; router reset hasn't helped. Going to try and sort that out before I ask for anyone else to put any up, for now!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

This is a very random issue which seems to affect some people. Some just can't connect to any multiplayer games at all, others have issues connecting to specific hosts. I had it once before, where one specific plauer was unable to connect to my games, consistently. I captured some traces with Wireshark and made some changes in my firewall (software, not router) and managed to resolve the issue. It ended up being a NAT issue. I've tried to help others overcome the issue with no success. Let me know if you're able to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, you're happy to try connecting to one of my games later this evening. If it doesn't work, no harm done. Although, I suspect it will work first time.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I have one running right now if you want to try to connect.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Missed you, Tod, but thanks! I'm usually busy around the evenings my time so I'll keep an eye out during the (EU) day. All the kind offers are much appreciated though.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

I'll start one now if you want? Just let me know.

Just started one. Password wolf.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Thanks very much! Tbug got in and showed me his setup (and how to hunt!) ducks and geese on Rougarou/Hirschfelden. Much appreciated, loads of fun and I think I need to get some decoys soon :)

Return to “Multiplayer”