Can't complete Illegally Blond mission.

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Bluejay
Scout

Can't complete Illegally Blond mission.

Post by Bluejay »

I looked back in my Em purchase history and unless I missed one I have reset the missions 7 times since 3-27-2014.
In each one of those I spawned from a tent 50 Meters from mission coordinates and harvested the animal to complete the mission.
This is the same for Illegally Blond, the piebald hog on LP, the bear at the grave yard on Hem, and the buffalo Bill mission on WRR.
Now if something has changed since the re-vamp of the bears I believe there is still a problem.
I have tried this mission (Illegally Blond) 15-20 times today spawning 50 m from coordinates. Each time there was a lone bear (small female) standing at coordinate spot, each time I harvested the bear.
Look at my hunt history, each bear taken there was a Glacier, all of them, not a blond.
It seems not every one is having this problem but for me the game is spawning a Glacier for this mission not a Blond and won't complete the mission.
I really would like some help with this.

Thank You !
Coolfirell
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Can't complete Illegally Blond mission.

Post by Tanngnjostr »

As already written in the other thread, I got the same problem with the same mission. Tried a bunch of times already, started from a tent about 250 meters from the coords in the mission description, but can't find a blonde bear for the life of me. However there seem to be a lot of glacier bears around, at least one whenever I try the mission. Even after shooting and harvesting the glacier bear, the mission doesn't complete.
Image Image Image
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

I just tried the mission. Didn't have any troubles with finding and killing it.
Then again, I didn't spawn at the actual position of the bear, I spawned at a lodge and walked. This could be related to having a tent close to the rare spawn. I'll investigate some more. If you want to try and help me with the investigation. Move your tents a bit further away from the position :).
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

MartinSundberg wrote:Then again, I didn't spawn at the actual position of the bear, I spawned at a lodge and walked. This could be related to having a tent close to the rare spawn. I'll investigate some more. If you want to try and help me with the investigation. Move your tents a bit further away from the position :).
Even though this (tent near the spawn point of a "Single Player" mission) has never been an issue for me and my tent already is out of render range from the spawn point, I will try to move it further away and report back, Martin! Thanks for looking into it. :)
Image Image Image
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

MartinSundberg wrote:I just tried the mission. Didn't have any troubles with finding and killing it.

Then again, I didn't spawn at the actual position of the bear, I spawned at a lodge and walked. This could be related to having a tent close to the rare spawn. I'll investigate some more. If you want to try and help me with the investigation. Move your tents a bit further away from the position :).
Interesting. I have a tent near (around 150m) the spawn for Challenging Buffalo Bill mission, which I've been unable to complete in several hours (days) of trying. I don't spawn at the tent, but I spawn at the lodge & fast travel to the tent. Could that still be messing up the spawn?
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Interesting. I have a tent near (around 150m) the spawn for Challenging Buffalo Bill mission, which I've been unable to complete in several hours (days) of trying. I don't spawn at the tent, but I spawn at the lodge & fast travel to the tent. Could that still be messing up the spawn?
This is what is listed on the wiki.
  • Animals will not spawn within 150m of the tent at which you start.
  • Animals can spawn near other tents in the reserve though.
I'm currently investigating if this isn't working as intended but to answer your question: No it shouldn't mess up your spawn. Hehe. Then again, a bug might have slipped through somehow. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, I have to admit: false alarm, at least from me.

I moved my tent slightly away from the spawn point - it was around 280 meters from the coordinates given in the mission description now. I started at the tent and walked to those coordinates and, of course, found a small female glacier bear that I shot and harvested - nothing happened. I can't even understand why this bear is always in the exact same spot since it's supposed to have a head start of one hour, right? Well...
I found two more bear tracks in the area, a big male and another female. Decided to follow the female just to make sure. The tracks were around 30 minutes old and when I finally found and shot her, she was blonde and completed the mission. :o

So while the fact that there seems to be that glacier bear all the time (check BlueJay's hunt history) is strange, this time I was able to find the blonde too. I don't know if the problem really was the tent being to close to the spawn point (I doubt it), if something else is wrong under certain circumstances - or if it was just bad luck that led me into believing there must be a bug. Probably the latter, but of course you never know.

Anyway, if I can give you another hint: Don't expect the target to be too close! It seems that, as could be expected, the mission animal does have a one hour head start too. So even if you arrive at the coords at the very start of the hunt, it might already have wandered off a bit.
Image Image Image
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

MartinSundberg wrote:
This is what is listed on the wiki.
  • Animals will not spawn within 150m of the tent at which you start.
  • Animals can spawn near other tents in the reserve though.
I'm currently investigating if this isn't working as intended but to answer your question: No it shouldn't mess up your spawn. Hehe. Then again, a bug might have slipped through somehow. :)
So, my tent wasn't as close as I thought, it was actually just out of render. I tried something different, just spawning directly at the tent & walking straight there. Buffalo Bill was standing right on the spot he was supposed to be.
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

MartinSundberg wrote:I just tried the mission. Didn't have any troubles with finding and killing it.
Hi Martin,
I've tried numerous times over the weekend to complete the Illegally Blond mission.
This is a mission I have done 7 times in the past and am quite familiar with it.
I have tried moving the tent to different distances from the coordinates, from 40m out to 300m.
I have tried fast traveling to a tent close to coordinates.
I just did 8 back to back hunts spawning 45m from coordinates. In each of these there was a lone female glacier bear at coordinates. All glaciers.
When I fast travel to coordinates or walk there from a distance I usually find two sets of bear tracks that I follow and harvest, one of those bears is always a glacier.
For me this mission doesn't work like it used to. Some apparently have been able to complete this mission but I cannot.
I believe for me the game is spawning a glacier rather than a blond bear.
I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Coolfirell

Return to “Miscellaneous”