Arriving at wreck Island doesn't register for missions

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Kraftyk

Post by Kraftyk »

I have completed everything for this travel mission three times. The first time was on August 31, 2016 (Redfeather Falls 2016-8-31 17:04 CDT - 2016-8-31 20:30 CDT. I completed everything as checked except arrive at Ship wreck Island. I actually went to the coordinates listed in the mission and walked completely around the island. I then left the island and returned and could not get the black box that this part of the mission was completed. I left the game and it started me completely over. On Sept 1, 2016 I entered another players multi player game and was on my way to ship wreck island to complete the mission again and the game crashed. I started another multiplayer game on 2016-9-1 and I'm currently still in this game. I have a screen shot of my mission showing everything completed. I tried to take one of the map showing me standing in the middle of the island but the game won't let me make a screen shot.

I came to the forums and saw that this has been a problem for sometime. I know there are many people working on this game and I know that you are working on many new things for the game, however, I think it might be a priority to fix some of the bugs before you release a new reserve and make more bugs which will only complicate the aspect of fixing the old bugs. The more bugs you add the harder it is going to be to track and figure out how to fix the old bugs. Since this September and I saw a post that goes all the way back to January 1 I would think this might be a priority to get fixed.

I've spent several hours now trying to complete this one mission only to be cheated out of it because of a bug you haven't given attention to in over 6 months. It is soon going to be time for me to renew my membership. I may consider a different game if some of these things aren't given some attention and fixed.
BlakBat

Re: RFF Travel Mission #9

Post by BlakBat »

I'll up this topic as it's still current.

Trying to finish Last Drop, but the wreck island waypoint is still not triggered. Is it because I fast travelled once? The other missions don't have fast travel issues. Is it because I fast traveled half way to Wreck Island?

These travel missions are barely fun as they are, add in such a bug and they're just frustrating.
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

The Redfeather mission "Dropping Dropping Dropping" has the Wreck Island checkpoint wrong.
I may have to put in a ticket if nothing changes, as nobody can find the correct location.
This link is from this Forum section called Missions and gives the details:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=80381
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Arriving at wreck Island doesn't register for missions

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged two threads about a similar bug and renamed the topic.

It seems that there's a general problem with missions that want you to go to Wreck Island. It's been here for a while now, but let's bring this to the devs attention once more.
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Arriving at wreck Island doesn't register for missions

Post by JimboCrow »

There is yet another thread about this problem also. It has some descriptions by various players who have managed to complete the missions after trying certain things that seemed to help at the time.

You can find it here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=73885

Return to “Miscellaneous”