Shaky animations [2908]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Veniathan
Tracker

Shaky animations [2908]

Post by Veniathan »

Okay so me and my friend have noticed some weird things.

Last time I played theHunter was around 2012 and so I returned this week, and I see the animations are changed. I loved the old ones and dislike the new ones heavly but that's not what the thread is about.

The new animations are not really smooth, they're shaky. I don't know if you ever notice holding your huntermate or gun and look at your hand or arm when standing still but it shakes. As if there is some cold wind blowing at you in -40Celsius in the north or something. If this is not a bug I have no comments.

It's a bit twitchy like, you can't miss it if you look.

Why is this happening? :?:
PaulStranger
Tracker

Re: Shaky animations

Post by PaulStranger »

this problem has been observed for a long time and most of the players have to accept that. shaking of the hands and arms is directly related to the new animation and animation in the third person. I personally do not quite understand what's the problem exactly, but nothing has not changed. there is hope for a better future.
ImagetheHunter.club русская энциклопедия
Veniathan
Tracker

Post by Veniathan »

PaulStranger wrote:this problem has been observed for a long time and most of the players have to accept that. shaking of the hands and arms is directly related to the new animation and animation in the third person. I personally do not quite understand what's the problem exactly, but nothing has not changed. there is hope for a better future.
I wasn't quite here during the release of MP so I can't really judge how it was exactly then, but the new animation are really stiff/stale and so wobbly.

When I play with my bow it's awful, screw the 20m rule. I gotta get that buck closer otherwise the shaky hands will take over definately and screw my aim up.
Treach
Scout

Post by Treach »

Same here. I was around when MP was first introduced and the "palsy effect" first showed up. Coming back now after being away for a while and I'm surprised and disappointed that my player's hands still have this rapid shaking bug. Annoying and distracting.
sbdb

Post by sbdb »

Veniathan wrote:As if there is some cold wind blowing at you in -40Celsius in the north or something.
Well, well....isn't that funny, because that's exactly what I wrote today in another thread: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=51917

I quote: "I guess it must be -40C/F while I'm hunting..."
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

I have an observation to add in this regard, and would be nice if someone else could confirm this.

When I have the huntermate out it's very shaky. When you are standing still and idle, you see it snap as the huntermate is moving forward and backwards.

However, and someone else please try this...

If you are standing (raised up), the animations are shaky.
If you are kneeling (crouched), the animations are shaky.
BUT,
If you are prone (laying down), the animations are NOT shaky.

So why is it shaky in standing and kneeling positions, but not when prone?

Hopefully this helps...
Sannas
Scout

Post by Sannas »

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or has this only got worse? Yesterday I played for the first time since January and now there is constant, fast stutter when holding out items while walking. Weapons seem to stutter a little less than small items, but I only tested this with the .243. Before yesterday I noticed the shaky animations only when standing still.
If you are standing (raised up), the animations are shaky.
If you are kneeling (crouched), the animations are shaky.
BUT,
If you are prone (laying down), the animations are NOT shaky.
I've noticed the same thing.

Return to “Miscellaneous”