Wrong distances on maps

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Wrong distances on maps

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP
Hunter Name: Tanngnjostr

Description:
The distances shown in the map screen are not correct.
Problem 1: They do not correspond with the distances shown in the rangefinder binoculars, the distance shown in the map is around 35-40% longer.
Problem 2: Sometimes the X axis seems to have a different scale than the Y axis on the map (for a illustration see pictures below).

Steps to Reproduce:
Problem 1: Find a relatively flat area. Use the rangefinder (binocs) to mark a spot at certain distance (say: 150 meters). Go to the map screen and put the mouse into the middle of the red dot. Compare the distances...
Problem 2: See picture below.

Additional Information:
I'm using a 1920x1080 resolution with graphics maxed out. These problems occured for me in the past, they seemed to be fixed at some point, but now came back. It happens on different reserves although the intensity seems to be different from hunt to hunt.

Illustration of problem 2:
Approx. 200 meters on the X axis: the red dot is very close to the player, the difference in X coordinates is 142.

Approx. 200 meters on the Y axis: the red dot is way too far from the player, the difference in Y coordinates is 525.

My Computer
Platform: See here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p775043
OS & Version: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Wrong distances on maps

Post by Tod1d »

OK, I just tried this with the range-finder, and the Cursor Coordinate is right on. However the "Distance" is messed up again.

Not sure why I'm getting different results with the RF than you are. I was on the grey hill just NE of you, and I measured 1000m south, and 1000m west.

The differences between the You & Cursor coordinates was very close to 1000, but the Distances were about .400 km (Y) and 1.400 km (X)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Miscellaneous”