Reindeer score calculation broken

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
kevin2106
Hunter

Reindeer score calculation broken

Post by kevin2106 »

Bug Report

Game Mode: Only seen it in MP as the host so far.

Description: The Brow Paddles on the reindeer don't usually calculate. They score 0.000 even though they obviously are there. Examples below:

The scoresheet shown is the scoresheet of the reindeer. There's no doubt on earth that the brow tines weren't there, but still they counted as 0.000.

Here's a reindeer community member Stancomputerhunter posted. I thought it looked really similar to my reindeer and didn't understand how it didn't score higher. So i went to his thehunter profile, found the reindeer scoresheet, and didn't really get surprised of what i saw.

Steps to reproduce and additional info:

This only seems to happen to the decent-high scoring reindeer (decent is for me over 550ish). I havn't seen this on the small bulls (I've checked all the small ones i've harvested too). The ones i've seen with this problem have all very similar brow palms. So if you find one with brow palms about the same size as the ones in the pictures, it might be worth checking if they scored.

kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Reindeer score calculation broken

Post by kevin2106 »

Sorry for not noticing this untill now, i posted the same scoresheet twice...

Here's the scoresheet of my reindeer (Top picture of reindeer)

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Mine as got two less palm than yours and scores higher . :?

Deffo something wrong .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I just really hope this will be fixed, it's a game breaking issue when it comes to Reindeer.... it makes it seriously hard to get that 600+ trophy hunters and myself are looking for, and if you get one it's even more annoying to know it could have scored a LOT higher

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

kevin2106 wrote:I just really hope this will be fixed, it's a game breaking issue when it comes to Reindeer.... it makes it seriously hard to get that 600+ trophy hunters and myself are looking for, and if you get one it's even more annoying to know it could have scored a LOT higher
I don't think that's actually the way it works. I don't remember who on the Dev team I spoke to about this a while ago, but I suspect the problem you're seeing isn't with the final score of the animal, but rather in the rendering of the antler or the sub-sections of the score sheet.

What was explained to me was that when a game is started and the animals are "spawned", a score for each animal is acquired from the random number generator, and modified by a formula to establish the bell-curve for the range of possible scores for that animal. Then the antlers or horns, and the score sheet, are generated to match that score. So you (and I suspect most people) are thinking about it backwards. The antlers don't exist first and are then scored, the final score is calculated first (randomly), then the image and the score-sheet are generated after the score is already known.

If you think about it programmatically, it makes more sense to do it that way, because it allows you to control the distribution of the range of scores on the bell-curve very precisely. Point being, the score is the score, and wouldn't change. The problem is with the rendering or the scoresheet.

I'm happy to be wrong, but this is what I recall from the conversation. Either way, it's a bug, but if I'm correct you're not being ripped off since the final score of the animal is always correct.
Personal Bests...
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Fletchette ... I see ! So the score is probably good with that specific animal, but the way it ends up looking , is probably not so right !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Ok i think i understood.

So what you mean John is that the Brow palms shouldn't even have been there in the first place?

And also that happened for Stan too?

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

kevin2106 wrote:Ok i think i understood.

So what you mean John is that the Brow palms shouldn't even have been there in the first place?
Either that, or it was correct for them to be there, but since the scoresheet didn't count them, the other numbers on the scoresheet were increased so the math worked and still added up to the correct score.

Maybe the Devs will clarify or correct me, but every other time I can recall a mismatch between the scoresheet and the score of antlers on any species, the problem turned out to be with the details on the scoresheet, not the final score.
Personal Bests...
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

This bug is still alive and well, and I'm sure others have noticed it since the holiday event tends to put the spotlight on reindeer for a while.

Bug Report
Game Mode: Multiplayer
Hunter Name: xOEDragonx

Description:
The scoresheets of some very large reindeer show that one of the brow palms is missing however, the reindeer in question may still visually have both brow palms.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a multiplayer hunt on Hemmeldal and harvest one or more very large (500+ scoring) male reindeer with both brow palms. Observe their score sheets, paying extra attention to the "F-1. Length of Brow Palm or First Point" row on the scoresheet. Some will show a 0.000 score for a brow palm whether or not they possessed one visually.

Additional Information:
A friend and I just experienced this again yesterday. We spotted what we both believed to be our first 600+ reindeer. He only scored 575 though because one of his palms didn't count (points lost for a missing palm that wasn't visually missing, plus points subtracted because of the major difference in palm lengths). This is the reindeer in question, the photo quality makes it difficult to see but he certainly has all four palms:

And this is his scoresheet. Notice the missing palm in the F-1. row. -- SCORESHEET HERE
CAMuleyMan
Tracker

Reindeer Score glitch

Post by CAMuleyMan »

One of the people in my discord got robbed of a 650+ reindeer because of this bug thats been out for 4 or 5 years. Basically a certain palm shape gives you 0 score on your reindeer, so you end up with a 40+ point deduction. I'd love this to be fixed along as multiple others I talk to before the Christmas event. AS you see in the image below it gives him -21 when clearly this 608 reindeer has 4 palms, and he got robbed of a 650.
Heres a 570 I shot with a double glitch, which is the same as a single glitched palm, still -40+ points. This should have been in the area of 610. The second picture is the shape in question. There is 1 more shape that gives the same bug, but I dont have a picture of it.
Yeah, I'm that guy that hunts mule deer :D

Return to “Animals”