Bobcats running in circles ...

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Bobcats running in circles ...

Post by DYEUZ »

Animal bug report

DYEUZ
WHI
Single player
Coordinates of TS : X -13679 / Y 6514

Just a normal hunt using the Ecaller normally .
Before starting to record the video, the Bobcat was running in circles for about 30 secs . You can see also , that before the end of video , i put '' off '' the Ecaller and the Bobcat stopped running like crazy. Returned to normal behavior . I had the same situation , in same location this morning with an orange Bobcat . I thought i was recording , but sadly , was not . I had the same results , when i turned '' off '' the Ecaller . This orange one was closer though . His circles came right under my TS .

Steps to reproduce
Go to that location or any other location ( maybe ) and use TS and Ecaller in a normal fashion .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DarkLord
Scout

Re: Bobcats running in circles ...

Post by DarkLord »

I can also confirm this. I've seen it twice, and I recorded the last time.

TS location = -14492, 7932
I should note that both times I saw this happen, the whitetail in the area were remarkably calm.

Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I had the same happen at a tower on Loggers Point. To add if you fire a shot thy will spook and flee strait away.
Spoiler:
Moon
Scout

Post by Moon »

I've had this happen a couple of times myself with the e-caller and being in a treestand or tower stand. What I found is shooting an arrow with a quiet bow roughly about 50 meters near it will trigger it to break out of that stuck sprinting animation. If the cat itself is a decent distance away from you when you do this the animal goes into the alert animation and does not spook nor run away. After the alert animation finishes it normally goes back to either wandering with no attraction to the call or continues coming in to the call. I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance on whether it continues to come in to the call after all of this. Of course as RidgeBack69 said you can just shoot a gun or take a pot shot at the animal and it will stop the animation and spook, but I just thought I'd add you can successfully break it out of the animation without spooking it if the conditions are right. It's just a matter of triggering another more prioritized animation such as the alert or spook animations from the animal to get the current stuck animation to stop repeating. One thing I have not tried is turning the e-caller off and back on when a cat gets stuck doing this. As normally when I had this happened I had other cats in the area that I didn't want to lose attraction to the call with.
Check me out....I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin', I'm └[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┘┌[ ͦ ]┐└[ ͦ ]┐ dancin'!

[ Wishlist | Rares: 33 | Non-Typicals: 8 ]
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...Just adding a small video of same issue .

- Same guy reporting : DYEUZ
- Same area as my original report .
- Same TS : X -13679 / Y 6514
- Same reserve : WHI
- Same actions done : Turned '' off '' the Ecaller and he stopped running instantly .

Was a bit unlucky with my timing in shutting it off :? :lol:
tyvm

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Animal bug report

... Again just adding a small video of same issue .

DYEUZ
- Reserve : Settler Creek
- Game mode : Single player
- Coordinates of TS : X -6550 / Y 5648
- Same actions done : Turned '' off '' the Ecaller and he stopped running instantly , but fled this time.Pretty sure it was because he was too close to Ecaller .

tyvm

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I had the exact thing happen this mornin......watched it run in circles for 10 mins when I turned off the caller it took off and never returned
gas56
Outfitter

Bobcats doing weird stuff

Post by gas56 »

Gas56
Bobcats
While playing on WHI a couple of days ago,..
I noticed that bobcats were not making any call sounds when I was within range of them to locate them on the hunter mate.
Also bobcats having been running around in big circles over and over again when they get spooked the 1st time, (not all of them, but some of them)
and then when you fire your weapon even using a bow they will flee away then,.. as this happened at the same time a female animal
came into my electronic caller and the male was still running in circles.
This is a video that RavenousFox recorded of one running in circles to show you what I mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMaUzPGe9M

Return to “Animals”