False Scoring Data

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Nockedup
Hunter

False Scoring Data

Post by Nockedup »

False Animal Scoring Data Being Displayed
Game Mode: Both SP and MP
Hunter Name: Nockedup

Description:
I have noticed since the Summer Fiesta has begun that some animals, (to be more specific: Roosevelt Elk, Mule Deer, Blacktail Deer and Grizzly Bear), are displaying false spotting data when they are spotted with binoculars. I have seen a Grizzly Bear that showed that he scored 22-28 and when harvested he barely made 20. I have seen a Mule Deer that showed that he scored 30-85 and when harvested he actually scored over 229. I have seen a Blacktail Deer that showed he scored 30-85 and when harvested he actually scored over 167. I have seen a Roosevelt Elk that showed he scored 135-180 and when harvested he actually scored over 330. (Video proof provided below)

My spotting skill levels for the above mentioned species are as follows:
Roosevelt Elk - 20
Mule Deer - 15
Blacktail Deer - 20
Grizzly Bear - 6

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a MP or SP hunt, locate a male Roosevelt Elk, Mule Deer, Blacktail Deer and/or Grizzly Bear - Spot it and remember what the spotting data showed you - Kill it - Compare the harvest data with the spotting data you saw on your screen. This bug doesn't occur every time with every one of these species, but it's happened at least twice on each of the last 4 hunts I've been on. It makes me wonder how many 190+ Blacktail Deer I let walk away over the last couple of weeks instead of shooting them because I relied on the spotting information to be accurate. :|

Additional Information:
Sample video of a Roosevelt Elk showing inaccurate spotting data.

My Computer
Platform: HP Desktop
OS & Version: Windows 10, 64 bit
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Animals”