Missed a doe but Doc sent letter

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
FairyUselessWords

Missed a doe but Doc sent letter

Post by FairyUselessWords »

I was on a hunt a few days ago on Timber Gold and I shot at a doe and it was a clear miss (Hit the ground above it.) The doe ran off, no blood nothing left but her tracks fleeing. I left the game and received a note from Doc that I left an injured animal on the hunt. But the only animal I shot at on the hunt was the doe.

Left me scratching the head XD
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Missed a doe but Doc sent letter

Post by L3M182 »

musta hit it bud or had a 1 in a million shot and hit an animal hidden way behing it
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Without giving us a link to the hunt in question, it's difficult to say anything about this problem. If it really were a bug, we also would need some more information from you. I recommend reading this: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=50305

Now I assume that your in-game name is also "FairyUselessWords" and I checked your hunt history. The only hunt that would fit your description (a few days ago, TGT, only one shot fired) is this one: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/fair ... n/73348929. It shows that you fired one shot with the Pulsar and this shot was a hit. It might be a bug of course, but then it would be a rare one. If you can reproduce it (have similar issues in upcoming hunts), you should post again in this thread. I'd assume that either it was a one-time glitch or you just misjudged the shot as a miss and didn't see the blood.
Image Image Image
FairyUselessWords

Yes my screen name is the same. I saw the animation of it hitting the ground "White poof" right behind the doe. Oh well. XD
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

FairyUselessWords wrote:Yes my screen name is the same. I saw the animation of it hitting the ground "White poof" right behind the doe. Oh well. XD
that can actually happen with hits as well, whether that is a bug or representing a pass through, I don't know. But the no blood part is what got me...
FairyUselessWords

Yeah. It was strange. Oh well. No sweat. If it happens again I'll try to document it better.

Return to “Animals”