Coyotes not fleeing or spooking when called

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
jim1975
Scout

Animal not fleeing when shot

Post by jim1975 »

Not sure if it's better here or a new thread but I'll put it here to begin with and a mod can move if needed:

Game mode: S/P
Animal: Coyote
Weapon: .44 revolver
Equipment: Predator caller, T/S and .44 revolver
PC: Image
Problem: Animals not spooking when shot at. I managed to take down 5 coyotes in a pack that didn't spook at all. 2 Even carried on coming in to where I had called, using predator caller. All 5 were killed using the .44 revolver. 6 Shots involved.

See video: https://youtu.be/eww2ksjU1NU
dools24
Tracker

Coyotes not fleeing or spooking when called

Post by dools24 »

Since last update coyotes when called will not spook have been hunting on WH haven't tried Loggers every time I call they come in can run round them shoot them they don't care that I'm there they just start to roam again can walk with them don't spook any more not 100% if happens when not called but running into them every where and they don't respond to me at all hope can fix soon not much fun hunting them when this easy
Sander03

Re: Coyotes not fleeing or spooking when called

Post by Sander03 »

same at loggers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks guys, I was told that the problem is being looked into.
Image Image Image
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

I reported it here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=78829. I managed to make 2 videos from 2 separate hunts both on WHI. Same location, same treestand, same caller and same weapon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eww2ksjU1NU&t=100s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3frxzUBDKE
jim1975
Scout

Post by jim1975 »

It looks like the coyotes aren't spooking at all. I ran around for 10 minutes on WHI. Managed to find some tracks and track a couple of coyotes. No callers were used this time but I was able to walk/run right up to the coyotes with no sign of them spooking. The second coyote didn't even spook after I had shot the first one not 50 yards away. Again see video for the second coyote that I managed to run right up to and kill: https://youtu.be/2cnqFjNEWV8
Bumblewoot
Tracker

Post by Bumblewoot »

Just had a group of 3 coyote walk right to me without being called at Whiteheart. No spooking. Took 3 down at very close range. Yesterday I took a group of 6 out including an albino with the .357. None of them spooked at the .357 shots at a range of 20m. I just emptied the revolver on 6 of them. They seem to have lost their senses.
pokie206
Hunter

Post by pokie206 »

I to just killed 10 coyotes on whiteHart under a tree stand that never spooked.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Yep coyotes are not spooking nor dying at all when shot with arrows. Was walking road on Whitehart when a pack of yotes walked across the road on top of me. Not one spooked and none died when shot with recurve with multiple arrows. I turned those yotes into pin cushions and nothing happened.
CodeBlue
Tracker

Post by CodeBlue »

Strange, I have the same issue with a lot of dall sheep standing on the side of a mountain, they don't spook at all and the developers claimed that they fixed it (for dall sheep) in the last update, but it wasn't. I even had the issue with feral goats; there were like 10 of them and when I shot a kangaroo nearby, 5 goats fled, the other 5 didn't spook and I could slowly take each of them down, none of them spooked after every poopoo fired. The dall sheep issue is far more common, with the feral goat I've only seen it once in countless feral goat hunts.

Return to “Animals”