Feral goats diing in the bed not harvestable

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Feral goats diing in the bed not harvestable

Post by DHRifleman »

Single player mode, BRR
Hunt https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dhri ... statistics
Trophyhttps://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dhri ... /535176814
Tonight I shot a feral goat in the right lung and shoulder blade. I watched it run off, stop, and then go down in the bedding position. When I got to the animal it was not looking at me, and it's head was down. It did look like it was breathing and I was getting the spotting info. I put another arrow into it which should have killed it instantly and there was no change. I then ran over 220 meters away, and then returned to have it be harvestable. The trophy picture clearly shows the 2 arrows, but the stats only show the one meaning it was dead from the first arrow, and unharvestable until it was redropped during the render phase.
I don't know if this happens currently with all animals that die in the bed, or only the goats. I also don't know if it is tied into the bleed out for the pulsar I was using at the time either.
I do know it was not a problem with other animals not that long ago.

To try and reproduce, the animal must be rendered when it goes down in the wounded bed, and remain rendered that way until trying to harvest.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: Feral goats diing in the bed not harvestable

Post by MonacoSteve »

I can confirm that I found such a situation myself 2-3 times. Actually it is true in Multiplayer mode, too. I did not find out the reason, and how to overcome the situation, though. I left these animals unharvested in the end.

Those "semi-dead" goats could still be spotted and showed breathing animation, and accepted numerous additional projectiles but never reacted to them nor died.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

For harvest them, you had to go out of the render distance ( 220m ) and came back, they are dead and you can take them.
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

This Goat Would not harvest till Auryona and I move 220m away then back.
was shot twice with a 223 SA. when we found it downed, it was still alive,we shot it 3 more times.
The final harvest only revealed the first 2 shots.
The hunter mate showed a potential 300 something to 400 something, the final score was 318.1 hr before the end of the COTW Goat Comp. our power went out.
Auryona made 9th place, I only got 65th. :lol:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Jimbodaddy wrote:This Goat Would not harvest till Auryona and I move 220m away then back. was shot twice with a 223 SA. when we found it downed, it was still alive,we shot it 3 more times.The final harvest only revealed the first 2 shots.
I don't think it was still alive, it just looked as if it was breathing but without the head follow of animals in the wounded bed. That is why those extra shots did nothing, and did not get recorded on the score sheet.

If you do long shots (like most) and if is not dropped on the spot, it is almost 100% certain it will leave render and just die, not go into the wounded bed. That is where I think the issue is.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
hunterPumpkinhead

Post by hunterPumpkinhead »

Same thing happened to me with a female elk on TGT that I spined right under my stand. Climbed out and she was still being spotted even though she was dead. I shot her again to be sure, and nothing happened. But It allowed me to harvest her after I went about 50m away to harvest another downed animal.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

hunterPumpkinhead wrote:Same thing happened to me with a female elk on TGT that I spined right under my stand. Climbed out and she was still being spotted even though she was dead. I shot her again to be sure, and nothing happened. But It allowed me to harvest her after I went about 50m away to harvest another downed animal.
I would imagine that harvesting the other animal had the same affect as leaving the render range.
It just might affect all animals that were created from TGT on, and should be reproducible.

Return to “Animals”