black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
1Al
Hunter

Re: black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

Post by 1Al »

I experienced this bug only with black bear and only in Settler Creeks
Astarti

Post by Astarti »

waiora wrote:Both black and brown bears have bugs after TT.

Game mode : SP + MP

Bears at feeders are not staying in attraction range. I dont think the issue is with the feeder itself but a symptom of the 2nd bug.

Bears are moving way too far when simulated roaming happens and track info is incorrect. Tracks when you start a map will show minutes old and the bear will be 5km away.

See topics for further information :
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=76350
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=76696
Today i have bugged 3 times in 1competition Black bear - weight 240-290.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

This issue has been fixed with today's game update! (07. of June 2017)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Not fixed. We continue investigating. Any info helping us find the pattern is greatly appreciated!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Alena Rybik wrote:Not fixed. We continue investigating. Any info helping us find the pattern is greatly appreciated!
Has someone played the game for a few hours walking, running, shooting? Sooner or later you should find tracks of an animal you cannot follow. At that point you could start your debugging tools.
Is there any way a player could send you something when this happens? I have it all the time. Can you analyze players' and animals' movements and especially the states in which the animals are in?
I guess you cannot share this info publicly but there must be a way you can see a player's full game data that would give some clues.

I can only say that I encounter it with almost every animal I have been hunting recently. If you need al list:
Snowshoe Hare, RM Elk, Mule Deer, Wolf, all bears, Dall Sheep
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

- The species are not limited to black/brown bears. I have had it with red deer, whitetails, elk, and more.
- It seems to most often happen, with me, when an animal is spooked or especially, injured.
- Shooting the animal, if you have the ability to see % health, will show the animal bleeding heavily, and then instead of dying, just running in a relatively straight line forever, no longer bleeding. I am -guessing- it has to do with pathfinding AI once the animal is out of render range--how does the game decide where an animal will go? Does it instantly calculate the path? Is it possible it calculates the path, but applies it instantly so that the animal is just gone?
- The line the animal run only changes when they hit a major obstacle, ex. ocean. They will change direction before actually hitting it, as is normal; the pathfinding seems normal aside from being very straight. However, I have seen examples online where the animal vanishes into the ocean.
- This is a big one: if you have a tracking dog, the dog will REFUSE TO TRACK any blood past the point where the animal bugged. It will whine and give you a ? no matter how many times you try. This may be a useful hint in tracking down the bug's source, as it shows that the game itself can't process the tracks past a certain point, as if the animal is gone.
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

I've been reporting this bug for a long time and I've given a lot of details on it. Here's some things I may not have been specific enough about in the past. So if you guys need more details, hopefully some of this info will help. When I hunt my filled bear feeders in RFF and VDB, and even sometimes in HML, I find the glitched tracks starting from near the feeder and going in a straight line across the map with a constant time on the tracks that cannot be caught up to. However when the feeders are empty, the bear tracks scattered around the maps do not glitch out for me... so at least with the bears it definitely seems to be related to the feeders. It started happening right after the bear graphics update, so that has to have a lot to do with it also. So far as what species I see this glitch with, the worst by far is feeder bears in RFF. VDB feeder bears are often glitching now as well. Hemmeldal I've only had the glitch once or twice with bears on the feeder, on one of these occasions I gutshot a 440-490 kg, 27-29 point male and after a few tracks the blood disappeared and the tracks went in a straight line to the NNE all the way to the north border. In RFF the tracks always glitch SSW to the water on south border. The one time I had it recently on a feeder bear in VDB he glitched along the river to the southwest to the end of the river. Another similarity is that somehow, its always the biggest bears that glitch out, and in RFF the biggest 1 will glitch along with another 1 or 2 random tracks alongside him. The only other species besides bears I've seen it with... mule deer in TGT, always heavy bucks or injured bucks, but that's only been a few times.
Bill_Dauterive

Post by Bill_Dauterive »

I think this might be a positioning bug. Sometimes when I try marking things with my rangefinder the red dot ends up off of the map on my PDA -- usually to the south. I've also noticed that animals will try to keep to their original route and schedule, even trotting or "fleeing" to make up lost time and remain on course. You can see when an unspooked animal gets hung up on a tree or rock and as soon as they're free they'll start trotting and even full on running to get back on track. Really common with animals at feeders too. They'll run through the entire group of animals to get to a specific feeding spot.

Any ways, maybe this is the same issue? The AI pathfinding is suffering from the same positioning bug and causing the animals to hurry and get back on course. But with their target being off map, they're never able to reach that point. And since it's so far away they never slow down.

Just a thought.

Return to “Animals”