black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
waiora
Outfitter

black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

Post by waiora »

Both black and brown bears have bugs after TT.

Game mode : SP + MP

Bears at feeders are not staying in attraction range. I dont think the issue is with the feeder itself but a symptom of the 2nd bug.

Bears are moving way too far when simulated roaming happens and track info is incorrect. Tracks when you start a map will show minutes old and the bear will be 5km away.

See topics for further information :
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=76350
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=76696
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Re: black/brown bears bugged after TT

Post by ForstHeld »

Same here.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

I had the same thing with a mule deer in TT, not the feeder obviously, but a wounded deer showed roaming tracks and got further away from me even when I ran. I fired shots in the air and the tracks stayed roaming in shape but at a distance apart that you would expect fleeing tracks. Therefore, I don't think the constant fleeing whilst giving roaming tracks is confined to bears.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

phil1 wrote:I had the same thing with a mule deer in TT, not the feeder obviously, but a wounded deer showed roaming tracks and got further away from me even when I ran. I fired shots in the air and the tracks stayed roaming in shape but at a distance apart that you would expect fleeing tracks. Therefore, I don't think the constant fleeing whilst giving roaming tracks is confined to bears.
I have only seen it with bear so far, and its on every map. Easily reproduced. Havent seen ti with any other animals yet and ive hunted most of them since the patch
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

This was the first time I've seen it anywhere, but having chased roaming tracks with a solid vector, over half the map and getting further ahead of me even when running, it seems to be the same problem or very similar.
M9Chris
Spotter

Cannot catch up with roaming animals

Post by M9Chris »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Both

Description:
The Roaming Speed of Grizzly's is to high, first they never or very seldom stop. For an Bowhunter it is very hard to come Close enough for an Shot. The Bear has no idle Times he just walking straight on. Also the Bears are never leave an Po-Track.

Steps to Reproduce:
Play the Game

Additional Information:

My Computer
Platform: Custom Gaming Machine
OS & Version: <<Windows 64bit Win7 SP1>>
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Have tested black bear for one week now on bait and getting same as waiora bears drop in numbers and pick up tracks run half way across map to catch up, brown bear just as bad will we get refund on all bait we have bought? please devs get this fixed or at the least be honest with your customers and tell us and admit that bear baits are broken where just not hear to make money off
Cashet
Scout

Mule Deer on TT

Post by Cashet »

This has happened 2 games in a row. I have shot a mule deer and almost certainly it should have dropped on the spot. However when checking the blood trail it says Body. Tracking the deer the tracks go from fleeing to roaming after about 3 sets or so, and the time of the track slowly increases. IE Roaming -1-7 min, 2-10, 3-12 etc etc even if Im running the time goes up a minute every track. Eventually the tracks just stop when its about 20 mins. The deer is not on the map as I would have caught up to it many times if the deer was indeed roaming. The last one was a Muley that spotted out at 240 so I took my time and placed a good shot in what should have been heart, but for sure lungs if not. When exiting the game i get the letter from Doc.
Single Player Mode, has only happened on Mule Deer so far to me, Gun 8x57 IS so even a body shot should have dropped both within a few tracks.
It looks like where the deer should have dropped, it switches to roaming and the game generates tracks but the deer has actually disappeared.
I didnt see any other bug report like this in a quick search of recent bugs. This is definitely a bug. I dont know how else to make it clearer than the description I left.
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Mule Deer on TT

Post by kevin2106 »

I do experience this to, but for me also on all other species in TT

MAINEiac
Scout

Re: Mule Deer on TT

Post by MAINEiac »

I also have experienced this during a muley comp. Shot a nice buck that maxed at 215. Shot from my tree stand with the pulsar with tracer arrow. Blood showed body hit. Picked up first two track signs than nothing. Headed off in the direction I saw the animal run and eventually found my tracer arrow vertically suspended in mid air but no animal. Doc spanked for this one too!

Return to “Animals”