black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Makaan
Scout

Re: Mule Deer on TT

Post by Makaan »

I met similar experience when tracking brown bear and raindeers in Hemmeldal (last week) - however I do not shoot animals - just follow track (found nice high weight brow bear)- at start I tracking animal in crouch stance - time 30-45 min, some min later change I to walking ... after some distance time of clue surpised me : 45-60, then I start running .... and time of track up fast to >60 min (the faster I move the faster pray escape) ... imo - rare but ugly bug, I do not have any problems with finding clues.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Cannot catch up with roaming animals

Post by HooCairs »

Description:
Usually when running after "Roaming" tracks, you can slowly catch up with an animal. Eventually when coming close you will find fleeing tracks in most cases.
There are now animals that show roaming tracks that always have the same age, e.g. "27 - 36 min.". You cannot catch up with them. The age estimation only changes by +/- 1 minute from track to track.
In most cases these tracks go in a perfect straight line.
I have run after +30 tracks and the pattern didn't change.

I have seen this happen with
- Grizzly Bear
- Rocky Mountain Elk
- Mule Deer
- Snowshoe Hare
- can't think of other species right now but I have seen it outside of Timbergold Trails, not just with the Snowshoes.

More info:
I think I can see a certain pattern that causes this behavior. The bug usually occurs when an animal has spooked and is nervous, and then gets spooked again in that state.

Mode: SP
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Cannot catch up with roaming animals

Post by Hawkeye »

I am in the process of merging all of these bug threads. I changed the name to match HooCairs name, to state "Cannon Catch up with Roaming Animals. I'll continue to merge more here as I find them.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

HooCairs wrote:Description:
Usually when running after "Roaming" tracks, you can slowly catch up with an animal. Eventually when coming close you will find fleeing tracks in most cases.
There are now animals that show roaming tracks that always have the same age, e.g. "27 - 36 min.". You cannot catch up with them. The age estimation only changes by +/- 1 minute from track to track.
In most cases these tracks go in a perfect straight line.
I have run after +30 tracks and the pattern didn't change.

I have seen this happen with
- Grizzly Bear
- Rocky Mountain Elk
- Mule Deer
- Snowshoe Hare
- can't think of other species right now but I have seen it outside of Timbergold Trails, not just with the Snowshoes.

More info:
I think I can see a certain pattern that causes this behavior. The bug usually occurs when an animal has spooked and is nervous, and then gets spooked again in that state.

Mode: SP
Might I be so bold as to predict that this is why bear barrel hunting numbers have been down. Bears spooked that go out of render and then become speed-running bears don't make it back to the attraction zone. Makes sense to me, and would explain why they're not seeing it as a barrel issue, because if this were the case, then technically speaking, the baiting system is working, it's the speed outside render that makes things a bit off.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Have anyone heard anything about them fixing this bug (if it is a bug) joined the brown bear weight comp today and in 4 hunts I have found 400-490kg tracks twice and both times the bear got this bug and both times it roamed outside the reserve, I ran left and right of the reserve border the bear never came back in this is a game breaking bug imo and needs to be fixed.
trancebabe

Post by trancebabe »

Same here.Usually Brown and Black Bear and usually high score animals..400-490 Weigh Brown Bear & 240-290 Weigh Black Bear.The same problem with my friend.He is follow 10Km Red Deer 210-240 weigh.

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have just made an interesting observation which might be of help. I have followed such a bugged animal (dall sheep) for a long time, the tracks being always about the same age and in a perfect straight line. Then I read some other tracks and when returning and reading the latest dall sheep track, all older tracks from this animal disappeared at once. The line on the Huntermate was gone.

Could it be that the disappearing tracks that have been reported always belong to such bugged animals?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Today at WR: ( https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cart ... n/73317911 )
I shoot a Snowshoe Hare (identified) at 50m at 15h10, trace of blood (body), tracking, seen arrested for the first time at 30m, shooting, again trace of blood (body), the track continues..., Saw another Snowshoe Hare (M), fired this one, confirmed without problem, resumed the track of the wounded then I re-seen arrested to 20m, again firing, again blood (body), then abandonment after 30mn Of tracking.

All shots were made with .22 "Plinkington", given: 11 shots, 54.55% accuracy, 4 confirmed deaths, 66.67% dead / shots.

- I did not receive the doc message :o even though I saw on my shots the blood ( x 3 ) that was confirmed by the huntermate.

- Another thing : a Snowshoe Hare with 3 body shots with .22 to less than 50m still survives? It's not an Moose ;) ...

Something weird.
Xeygwyn

Re: black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

Post by Xeygwyn »

I have experienced this with bear, a Roe on Hemmeldal, as well as an Elk on Redfeather. This is just a sped-up clip of me following an always-roaming Roosevelt Elk until it's tracks finally vanished. I never saw the animal. I believe I have only experienced this in SP so far.

waiora
Outfitter

Re: black/brown bears bugged after TT [2079]

Post by waiora »

I solved the bear problem.

Followed a trail of 5 different bears all headed in the same direction. All roaming 20mins old tracks.

Imageimage uploading site

Imageimage upload no limit

Return to “Animals”