All Rabbits Show Roaming Instead of Fleeing Tracks

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

All Rabbits Show Roaming Instead of Fleeing Tracks

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
Snowshoe Hare are making roaming tracks when fleeing.

Steps to Reproduce:
Find a snowshoe hare, spook it, and chase after it. The tracks the fleeing snowshoe is making are roaming.

My Computer
Platform:ASUS Republic of Gamers
OS & Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Last edited by Hawkeye on December 26th, 2016, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified Title to Account for Updated Information
Granti
Hunter

Re: Snowshoe Hare Fleeing tracks missing

Post by Granti »

its also with european rabbits and cottontail. im right now in a hunt on BR where i ran after a european rabbit, making sounds instead of fleeing tracks showed roaming. at one point it said fleeing, rest roaming. cottontail exactly the same.
TSIPOYRA

Re: All Rabbits Show Roaming Instead of Fleeing Tracks

Post by TSIPOYRA »

I also posted about this in the wrong thread yesterday. sry guys, i'm not a forum expert.

The same "fleeing tracks" problem here with Eurorabbits and also their "running away from burrows" behaviour. I haven't found not even one fleeing track, only some hopping tracks that look alike. I visually checked the tracks and their graphics were
indeed of the roaming state, the huntermate showed all other data correctly(age, gender etc), so this can not be a huntermate failure or bug.

About their running away from burrows, this happened before too, but happened rarely, only from some of the biggest of the species, and only for about 100m-150m. In the hunts I did yesterday most of them(about 70%) were fleeing away from the burrows,at longer distances than usual.(about 300m)

I don't think that these two issues are connected, the first(fleeing tracks) is definitely a bug to fix, the second(fleeing behaviour) might be an update to the animal's AI. If that is the case, please inform us, so that we change our hunting tactics.

Thanks for your time guys.
When everything seems to go wrong, just smile... Better days are coming soon. ;)
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

there is pretty much no fleeing-tracks with rabbits anymore. all the tracks show roaming. this one i clearly spooked, ran off, but tracks show roaming incl. droppings (see picture). also huntermate indicates with a tight circle that animal is somewhere right next to you but in fact its still fleeing. its kind of an issue especially when going for european cause the fleeing tracks shows you the way to their cave/burrow.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Showshoe Hare Leaves Roaming Tracks When Fleeing

Post by JimboCrow »

I have experienced this on every hunt on WRR for at least a week now. When the snowshoe hare is fleeing, the tracks left are always roaming tracks, complete with close together footprints or droppings. The Huntermate says "roaming" and shows the small roaming circle, but the hare is clearly fleeing. I have also seen this a couple of times with the Polar Bear, but I have not chased down many fleeing bears. It is easily reproduced by chasing down a fleeing hare.

I have two different computers that I play on, and the bug is the same on each computer.
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

This is still an issue; I've been hunting cottontail, european and snowshoe for the past few days, and I have yet to see a single fleeing track, everything is roaming even though they are clearly spooked. It makes it all but impossible to employ any tactics in the hunt.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

This issue has been fixed with today's game update! (07. of June 2017)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Granti
Hunter

Re: Snowshoe Hare Fleeing tracks missing

Post by Granti »

Granti wrote:1.; despite saying its fixed, the still existing roaming/fleeing bug with rabbits

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=77369
as the topic for the fleeing-bug is closed, here is video (from today) that shows that the bug still exists.

spotted rabbit takes of, its place is marked with the rangefinder, tracks found at 1:10 in video (tracks are not exactly at marked spot but they are the only ones in the surrounding that matches the right time)

edit: and this is common. i have next to zero fleeing tracks
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

edit: and this is common. i have next to zero fleeing tracks
I've been able to replicate this as well. Will make a Jira ticket for developers to look at it.

Return to “Animals”