*Can't harvest animals (1007)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
DriftPrize
Hunter

Re: *Can't harvest animals (1007)

Post by DriftPrize »

Can't harvest hogs...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Urgia wrote:Can you please, please fix this in the next update? As of now I can't prolong any of my hunts to the next day, I ALWAYS get this bug. I lost a huge white tail and a decent male bear only today. I keep my hunting sessions really long because it's how I like to play and forcing me to play different because of a bug is extremely frustrating.

You know now what is causing it (prolonged hunts) and we still get no answer from the dev team, all I want to know is if at least someone is working on this, it would make it easier.

Edit: I can't think of anything that should be of higher priority for the dev team than this bug.

Here is the recording http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jle5anAg49Y
The number (1007) in the title indicates that this bug has been verified as a bug, prioritized, and is in the bug tracking system.
Which means, yes it is being worked on.

Do not expect a direct answer from a programmer. They are, frankly too busy (fixing bugs) to reply to every topic and give a status update on every bug. They will post or PM or rely on the testers if they need additional information to replicate the problem. Occasionally they will post with an update or status on a bug, when they have time to do so. Again, this should NOT be expected.

"Prolonged hunts" is not the cause of the bug. It is, however a good clue to help find the cause. I have seen this happen in shorter hunts, and others have reported it as well. Yet others have reported long hunts without the bug occurring. There are more variables at play here.

Hopefully, we'll see a fix soon.

Be Well
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

The number (1007) in the title indicates that this bug has been verified as a bug, prioritized, and is in the bug tracking system.
What exactly does the number mean, as I see (617) in June,2011, and we still have the bug in game today?
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

XINTIMID88ORX wrote:
What exactly does the number mean, as I see (617) in June,2011, and we still have the bug in game today?
It's a unique identifier (primary key) in the internal bug tracking database. I don't have access, so I can't see the status of bug 617. Looks like there's a newer version (2076).

Maybe that one had very low priority since it didn't break the game? Maybe they didn't have a viable solution? Maybe after analysis they made a conscious decision not to fix it? I don't know.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Tod1d wrote:
XINTIMID88ORX wrote:
It's a unique identifier (primary key) in the internal bug tracking database. I don't have access, so I can't see the status of bug 617. Looks like there's a newer version (2076).

Maybe that one had very low priority since it didn't break the game? Maybe they didn't have a viable solution? Maybe after analysis they made a conscious decision not to fix it? I don't know.
Thanks for your quick response. I can see where with no access an answer would be difficult for you. Perhaps Alena would shed some light on this for us.
Spoiler:
Jden

Post by Jden »

A few others and I just a couple hours ago experienced this bug, I was gonna post it but it seems you guys are working on it already.

Hope it gets fixed soon, would hate to lose a trophy animal to this bug.
beccacia

animal under the ground

Post by beccacia »

We kill an animal round at 900 feet seeing the animal dead and we can not lift it ... male whiteail and is shame to lose it because our performance and position in leaderboars.... in multiplayer with ramadanis.....
Urgia
Scout

Re: animal under the ground

Post by Urgia »

beccacia wrote:We kill an animal round at 900 feet seeing the animal dead and we can not lift it ... male whiteail and is shame to lose it because our performance and position in leaderboars.... in multiplayer with ramadanis.....
There's no way you can harvest that if it's bugged.
beccacia

Post by beccacia »

i know
momom
Hunter

Himmeldal red deer not able to be harvsted

Post by momom »

I tried to harvest a legal red deer. The harvest screen did not appear, and I was not able to pick up a nice stag. I have no idea how to recreate the event; also this was in single player mode. I thought this error was supposed to be fixed.......

Return to “Animals”