*Can't harvest animals (1007)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Monstrous Vik
Spotter

Animal bug, couldn't harvest

Post by Monstrous Vik »

So, A friend or I shot an Whitetail buck, I tracked him with his blood trail, when I finally got to him, he was still alive.

He was shot, should have died, couldn't harvest, shot him again in his heart, still didn't die, shot him again in the brains, still didn't die.

This happened in Redfeather Falls, don't know the precise location and don't have a screen.
[---------- Happy Hunting ----------]
Supermario55
Outfitter

Re: Animal bug, couldn't harvest

Post by Supermario55 »

This is a known bug hopefully it is being worked on I don't think there is enough information on the bug however to pinpoint what is causing it. Be patient should be fixed sooner or later.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Re: Animal bug, couldn't harvest

Post by JackRbbt »

Happened four time in my last hunt at Hirschfelden. I left on the field a fox, a roe, a decent red and a big boar (probably over 1000 pts.). That's upsetting. I will post a movie with my attempts to harvest each of those animals, without success. :(

-- edited --
Here is the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXilkdwkS5o
Spoiler:

MetalMind
Outfitter

Can't confirm kill

Post by MetalMind »

I couldn't confirm kill of Red deer stag. It happened in singleplayer. Shot with new .44 pistol. I was clicking many times near the deer, but without result, nothing happened. The confirm kill screen didn't show at all.
Jonalexander

"Unharvestable" animals

Post by Jonalexander »

So I was playing on Single Player mode today, shot a bunch of coyotes with Compound Bow "Snakebite", some of them got wounded and ran off.

I tracked them down and guess what? Two of them I couldn't harvest, I was clicking on the dead bodies with huntermate and nothing happened.

I don't know how common this is but happening twice in the same hunting session is unacceptable to me. It ruins my statistics and my inbox gets flooded with undeletable Doc messages. I never leave wounded animals in the field and I hate being forced in a situation like that.

EDIT: still in same hunting session, third unharvestable coyote.
bredwolf
Tracker

Re: "Unharvestable" animals

Post by bredwolf »

This happened to me.I shooted a mule deer and i tracked it for about 30 minutes.When i found it,i couldn`t harvest it.Hope the problem will be solved.
bredwolf
Tracker

Re: Can't confirm kil

Post by bredwolf »

This also happened to me.I shoted a mule and tracked it for 30 minutes.When i found it,i couldn`t harvest.This happened to me in multyplayer session.
BlindTyldak
Outfitter

Post by BlindTyldak »

If you haven't tried it yet, try standing on top of the animal and clicking again. I've picked up several "unharvestable" animals that way because the Huntermate triggerpoint to pick it up is slightly off of where the animal actually is, usually somewhere by the head.
Jonalexander

Post by Jonalexander »

If you haven't tried it yet, try standing on top of the animal and clicking again. I've picked up several "unharvestable" animals that way because the Huntermate triggerpoint to pick it up is slightly off of where the animal actually is, usually somewhere by the head.
Trust me, I was spamclicking the huntermate in every possible angle around the animals and on top of them too.
gr1zzly1
Tracker

Post by gr1zzly1 »

It started happening to me on the second hunt day.

This is the second time.

1st time, every other animal was not harvest-able.
Last night a high scoring moose weight wise.

I went all around the animals trying to get the huntersmate to work.

Return to “Animals”