*Can't harvest animals (1007)

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
boydent
Spotter

Re: *Can't harvest animals (1007)

Post by boydent »

Unable to harvest dead animal
Rabbit shot with GA pump action shotgun- birdshot
Loggers point
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Got this yesterday in Single player mode for the first time, a pheasant shot down while flying, fall off next to me and impossible to harvest it.

The huntermate was making the sound notification and the ID button on it blinking but no way to harvest this dead animal, tried various positions, tried to track some other things and come back to it, never worked, I quit this game session frustrated by this and thinking it was on my end but apparently it's a common bug reading this thread.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

We (Archiehq and I) got this bug today on TGT... and what an animal to happen too... probably just 400 score I would say.

Multiplayer mode.

Archiehq shot the Elk with the Parker python, we tracked it for awhile. I said "there it is lying down by the river arch, ill drop a pin on it"

We run down to it and he says "Where is it?" I said "you are standing on it, cant you see it?"

I can shoot this thing as many times as I like, head shots, body shots it doesn't matter it doesn't ever die... would have been good for getting my weapon skill up if I was that way inclined.

Anyway... not very happy, especially when you are trying to show your friend how good the game is and then this happens.
I managed to talk him into position for a trophy shot... as shown here. But he cant see anything. I see this bug report has been open since 2013 :o :shock: This is the sort of stuff that should get sorted out.

It was also a fresh session and hadn't rolled over a day.

Be nice to get some feedback... is it not fixable?

Cheers

TK
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

More information.

It happened again today, but this time I couldn't see the dead elk. But Kevin2106 could. I had fired at it and somehow only body shot it broad side from... I don't know 70m away. We tracked it for a long time, finally I managed to put another shot into it and hit Intestines. When Kev found it, I couldn't see it but he could fire at it and I could only see the blood splatters.

He put 97 shots into it, we then decided to fast travel back to the lodge so we would be out of render. We ran back and this time Kevin couldn't see it either. But we noticed that there were now some roaming tracks heading in the direction forward of the original body position. So we ran about 4 sets of track and found it dead in the field about 60m from the original spot we had found it first.

Harvested elk

Amount of shots it had in it... It still counted as my harvest somehow.

Red dot shows rough original position of the elk, but it was a little closer than that.

TK

Return to “Animals”