Grizzly Bear spooking Bug

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
M9Chris
Spotter

Grizzly Bear spooking Bug

Post by M9Chris »

Bug Report
Game Mode: Both

Description:
If a Grizzly was spooked or hit by an Shot whit an Arrow (cant confirm it for Fire weapons yet), the Bear are fleeing. If you found the Bear again and you aim on him and Shot, the Bear will fleeing instantly before the Arrow hits him. Of curse im shot out of the spooking Range of the Weapon (40 up to 80m). This happens in 3 of 5 cases.
If the Bug was happens, 3 of 5 Bears are fleeing instantly before the get aware or spooked by the Player.

Steps to Reproduce:
Play the Game

Additional Information:

My Computer
Platform: Custom Gaming Machine
OS & Version: <<Windows 64bit Win7 SP1>>
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Grizzly Bear spooking Bug

Post by Tod1d »

I've been seeing this on first shots, on Grizzlies, Brown Bear & Polar Bear. (I haven't been hunting Black Bear)

It's like they are "Jumping the String", or spooking from the SOUND of the shot.
(technically, at 83m they should not hear the sound for about 1/4 second. They are spooking immediately on release)
It happens at distances up to at least 83m. In my case, I was using the Parker
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Here's a vid capture I kept from the Crossmania comp that I got around to putting together - I've noticed that tracer bolts in Xbow will do this a lot, like a year ago on red deer on long distance shots (80-90m) But this was shorter distance. I had a griz do it from 30m with recurve and tracers - I don't have a problem with pulsar or snakebite but can't confirm if it's just the tracers or not.

This shot should have been a dropper but bear is long gone before bolt arrives.

"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Rad, if you watch that video in slow motion, you can see the bolt go over the bears back & hit the rock behind him. He either spooks from the arrow going by or hitting the rock.

I'm not sure why the bolt went so high. It looked like you were aiming right to me. (~ 35m shot?) Unless you jerked the trigger (mouse) a bit.???

I'll try to capture a video of a bear jumping the string. I'll also try with regular arrows / bolts. I almost always use the tracers.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Tod, that shot was 40-45 - I know it looks like it's high but it's not, the bear was right beside the rock. When I pull binos down he was at 51m, he was 53m a second before that. I didn't walk 20m forward. When I got to that rock his prints were beside it within a couple feet - But yes, I know it looks like it's high, but it's not the bear is gone before the arrow got there, watch the stone dust on the rock
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Ah, sorry. I was just guessing the distance based on your aim point. Looked like the heart was at about 35 on the crosshairs.
It still looks like the arrow is hitting the rock much higher than where you are aiming. And usually the crossbow is right on.
And the bear doesn't take off until just before the impact. Certainly not when the bolt leaves the crossbow.
Tabbat

Post by Tabbat »

I made the same experience over the last weeks.
Asked myself if i´m to stupid to hunt Grizzly with Crossbow so i checked the forum and found this thread.
Today it happened again.
The Male Grizzly stands 50m away 45° towards my direction.
I was in prone position and hold my breath and aimed him between 40 and 60m spot on the lungs/heart of sight (Reverse Crossbow).
When i pulled in the trigger the Grizzly spooked up, turned around/away like greased lightning, my arrow hits the tree behind him and he run away.
If he didn´t got spooked and turned around this would be a perfect lung shot.
Maybe a DEV will have a look into it?
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I can never get close to grizzlies. They always seem to sense me. It's not often that I can get a clean shot without spooking one. Even using scent eliminator and crouching on my approach before I even see them I either hear them flee for begin to charge me. Unless I catch one out in the open the only way it seems I can harvest grizzlies is by getting them to charge me.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
M9Chris
Spotter

Post by M9Chris »

Today it happens again, 45m 30° angle, hold my Breath and the Bear was fleeing at the moment i pulled the Trigger. It's only happens if the Bear was spooked before.
It happens whit all Weapons, but the Bullets from the Firearms are to fast, they'll hit the Bear "instantly" in the Moment he's fleeing.
Please have ha look into it.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Just completed today's Christmas mission. The Grizzly was by far the most difficult candidate, although they usually shouldn't be? (Hear or see one, run up to it, shoot it on a really close distance!?)

Either ways, every Grizzly runs off once you get closer than 180m. I tried all three Fall outfits and the B&C - same result. It was really difficult to bag the 3rd bear, even had to leave a wounded one behind because I simply couldn't catch up with her. Managed to shoot a female at 200m while she was running off.
Spoiler:

Return to “Animals”