Actual Score and weight outside estimated range. [2714]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found involving the animals. Please use the animals species name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Bear tracks disappear
Cashet
Scout

Re: Actual Score and weight outside estimated range. [2714]

Post by Cashet »

Somehow my score didnt show on my original post, even though i did submit it on my post?

Here it is again
http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/cashe ... /268096756
Cashet
Scout

Post by Cashet »

Just had another "event" of score and this time weight not falling into actual spotted cat....PAINFULLY obvious to me now that this is definitely a bug, out of frustration i didnt think to take a trophy shot, but was a RED DEER, massive, estimate at spotting was 215-240 score 240-285 I have shot 1300 or so red deer, so i know this animal should have scored in the 270s for sure.. It SCORED 219.229 and more importantly the weight came in at 198.550 Its like this score sheet woulda/should been for a completely different animal...
It should have scored 270's and weighed mid to high 230's instead i get some random, average red deer score, this animal was anything but average....Sorry no "hard" evidence, but just to keep this bug issue alive, i wanted to chime in. Who knows how often this happens? its only really obvious on very large animals that score low....Perhaps its happening a lot more on regular animals, just going unnoticed??
plasmaflare
Hunter

Post by plasmaflare »

Happened again to me tonight, this makes 3 times in 4 days. This happens to me once a week on average and it's getting old quickly.
Spotted 180-250, score 178.937. I have yet to get a mule deer spotting a 250 max be within its spotting range this season, and the same for top scoring whitetail.
http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/plasm ... /281276182
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

My experience with this issue is with rabbits. Particularly with the 1.6-2.0kg estimates. The display will change to 1.5-18kg. I don't consider this a bug tho. Because, after tracking tracks of 1.6-2.0 for several/many tracks and catching up to it, I then can look through the binos and see that the score estimate now reads 1.5-1.8. Not sure, but looking through the binos at very close range seems to trigger the change in stat display. I still go after the 1.6-2.0 but more likely than not, it ends up being just a 1.5-1.8kg with a final estimation display of 1.5-1.8kg.

Again, I don't consider this a bug, but a happenstance by the devs. Could this be what's happening to those of you who have 'outside' the estimated range?

Lvl 20. 1500 kills.
Spoiler:

Return to “Animals”