Other players can't join my maps since update

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Other players can't join my maps since update

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

I have not seen this posted yet but since the new reserve has been released other players are not able to join my multiplayer maps. They do not see spawn points on the maps. They also cannot join the older maps which have had no issues before the update. I have launched via steam and also no through steam and the same. They are not able to join. This has not been a problem before the last update.
I have intel i-7 4ghz process
16 gig of ram
GTX 980 graphics card
3440x1440 60hz resolution

What other considerations should be given? Suggesstions? My game name is bigdadyrabbit
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Other players can't join my maps since update

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I vaguely remember that a tent placed too close to the reserve border could sometimes cause some bugs in MP, but I don't know if that could be it. Did you place a tent after the release?
Image Image Image
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I vaguely remember that a tent placed too close to the reserve border could sometimes cause some bugs in MP, but I don't know if that could be it. Did you place a tent after the release?

I did on the new reserve but not on the others. I will check all tents and make sure none are near the border or appear to be. Interesting it would impact other reserves as well. Since I made my post another person that plays in our group has had the same issue. The funny thing is I had joined his map earlier and then later when we tried I no one could join his map. I think he only has two tents placed so I will see where his are and see if it makes a difference. will report back.
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

Good call Tanngnjostr....I moved two tents that were closest to the border of the map and others were able to see the tents and lodges and were able to join my map. Thanks for the reply.
bigdadyrabbit
Spotter

Post by bigdadyrabbit »

I am updating this post in the event others have this issue. If you have placed multiple tents near the borders you can generally find the ones that are causing the issue by going to that tent and if it will not allow you to open your inventory from that tent it is the one that is too close. Be sure to leave enough space in your backpack before you get to the tent so you can pick the tent up and move it.
Dennis Borg
Hunter

Post by Dennis Borg »

It also seems like other equipment can cause the same type of issue. (Marker flags and so on)

Return to “Environment”