WRR - Crash issues

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found within the landscape. Please use the environments names in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Redfeather Falls floating rocks
dools24
Tracker

Re: WRR - Crash issues

Post by dools24 »

I have been getting direct x crashing I do have the audio memory on in settings not sure if that might have something to do with it or if its just the valentine event
have noticed animals not spooking as should can get a lot closer before they run on all maps
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

2018-02-19 02:36 CET - 1970-01-01 01:00 CET

played for not even 45 minutes. tracking a moose. DirectX error. Totally annoying. MP-mode. Alone. Please guys!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

I have had several DirectX crashes on WRR. I have tried the onboard sound with normal 5mm headphones, in both the speaker jack at the back and the headphone jack in the front. I have also used my USB headphones, which are software 7.1 surround. I have had crashes on every game in the last 3 days except one. I managed to close one game after about 1 hr. and 20 mins. Every other game has crashed sooner. It has happened while crouch walking, walking, running, reloading after shooting, and once checking my Huntermate while the wind whistled around me. I thought at first it might have something to do with the roses, but they're obviously gone today, and the crashes continue. I have saved my DirectX files from one crash if it will help. I can also start saving them all if necessary. No crashes anywhere else I have hunted: WHI, BRR, Logger's, TGT, and Piccabeen. I am inclined to think it still has something to do with the sound, but I can't prove it.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Hello everyone, thanks for all of the information you have provided. Keep it coming. I wanted to let you know that we are still investigating and have ruled out the new audio setting, it's not causing the issue.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Check the .405 Rifle and .243 Carbon. When I had both of those rifle, I would get the "freeze in place" syndrome and the game would simply stop. A text box comes up sayin' "Something has Gone Wrong" and the game closes off. On another hunt, while loading the .405 Rifle, the .243 Carbon showed up floating in front of me. I had to go into inventory and remove the .405 jus' so the .243 would disappear. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I had neither rifle, BCKidd; I crashed 7 minutes in, starting from northwestern lodge and heading down southwest toward the mountain pass. I didn't get any Windows popups; I was walking along the sort of crunchy terrain (it sounds like glass/ice) along the mountain, and suddenly the game froze, stopped responding, "Something has gone wrong," hunt crashed.

Equipment:
Mostly basic arctic clothes
White ushanka or w/e hat
Arctic boots
7mm Break-Action Rifle
Parker Python bow
Camping Supplies, first aid kit
Scent Hound w/ founder scent hound collar
Heated Winter Tent

Hunt Duration: Around 7 minutes

Pace/stance: Running, I think

Graphics are set to something relatively high.

PC is a mishmash of parts, shout if you need specs and I'll dig them up. TO NOTE, the next hunt was fine and lasted a couple hours but won't show on my hunt history. It's not available to see, even a day or two later.
Last edited by TheSheWolf on February 21st, 2018, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace_Oneshot

Post by Ace_Oneshot »

I was hunting WRR and had my 45-70 Gov. out and crashed. Then I went to RFF and had my 300 carbine out and crashed. Went to VDB with my pump action shotty, finally found some rabbit holes. Rabbit showed up and I went to pull the trigger and guess what.....Crash. I hope this gets fixed soon or we get reimbursed. It was my only day off of the week and I couldn't play.
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Just was hunting WRR. Took off from Danforth's Refuge with the Weatherby and a .243. Walked generally north and northeast. Was near the old ruined town/dock and heard a sheep call to the northeast. Walked in that direction and activated my binoculars to look for it on the mountain side. Crash. DirectX report after (showing no problems).

First crash I've ever experienced in this game.

Although both WRR and PB sometimes lag like its going to crash, and using binocs sometimes cuts FPS in half. Rangefinder does not.
Last edited by Griph on February 25th, 2018, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Gas56
Backpack Equip at time of crash
ArcticCamoClothing
45/70 government rifle
heated tent
ScentElim
Winddetecspray
Medpacks
CampingSupplies

Doing Polar Bear Comp today, duration of 2+ hours hunt,
tracking fast roaming Male Polar bear(thought this was fixed) headed straight west coming into Buffalo & Moose valley west side map.
Herd Buffalo than game froze and crashed to hunt stats review page, error occurred.
Similar to last time crash occurred and reported where I shot Sitka with wrong allowed gun, another deer called then the game crashed.
This page came up after game froze.
using same computer specs as first report crash
Had settings turned up all the way to get more ice floes
Edit_ crashed again after 2+ hours again without no animal calls,..
running to place a tent.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I had a crash on WRR today as well. I have only hunted it a few times & today was the 1st crash ever.

I was just west of the 3 lakes in the south east corner of the map. I was just walking holding my huntermate. No tracks, animals or calls in the vicinity. The crash was directX related.

I have a high end gaming PC made by well known manufacturer with zero bloatware installed, just the OS & all drivers are current.

Return to “Environment”