Tweed and Rifles

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Tweed and Rifles

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I don't believe it's calculated using the Leaderboard, I think it's based on ALL submitted entries.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
KingKong1
Scout

Post by KingKong1 »

It seems that the cottontail rabbit don't count :?:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

kevin2106 wrote:I’m assuming the normalized score is calculated out of the biggest animal on the leaderbord?
Leaderboard as in: competition leaderboard, not in-game leaderboard. So once a bigger bear or goat has been submitted, all other normalized scores will change.
KingKong1 wrote:It seems that the cottontail rabbit don't count :?:
I see what you mean - it's not added to the final score and you should move out of the "Incomplete scores" now. I'll check with Tod.
Image Image Image
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

• Scores will be normalized (highest competition entry for each species = 100).
kevin2106 wrote:Is something wrong with the normalized score calculation?

I don’t see how a 318 goat can score 104% (99% without bonus) when the top goat on the leaderbord is 398? Shouldn’t it score around 80% then?

Same with the bears, how can a 22.5 bear score around 98% (without the bonus) when the biggest on the leaderbord is around 27? Doesn’t make sence in my head

I’m assuming the normalized score is calculated out of the biggest animal on the leaderbord?
Because a 324.459 is the highest goat in the comp. 321.423 / 324.459 * 105 = 104.018
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Tod1d wrote:
  • Scores will be normalized (highest competition entry for each species = 100).
kevin2106 wrote:Is something wrong with the normalized score calculation?

I don’t see how a 318 goat can score 104% (99% without bonus) when the top goat on the leaderbord is 398? Shouldn’t it score around 80% then?

Same with the bears, how can a 22.5 bear score around 98% (without the bonus) when the biggest on the leaderbord is around 27? Doesn’t make sence in my head

I’m assuming the normalized score is calculated out of the biggest animal on the leaderbord?
Because a 324.459 is the highest goat in the comp. 321.423 / 324.459 * 105 = 104.018
Okay it totally adds up now, i obviously didn’t read that sentence well enough at the start.

Thanks for clarifying guys.

sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

Not good. There are many mistakes in UHC in this competition, The rabbit does not charge all team for the overall score. Look at the hunt https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/LEFL ... /593269018 and compare with results at UHC. Regards
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I also see the same thing in our team scores. I don't know but maybe is changes once we are out of the INCOMPLETE SCORES

Edit:
Sorry I didn't see this.
Tanngnjostr wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:I’m assuming the normalized score is calculated out of the biggest animal on the leaderbord?
Leaderboard as in: competition leaderboard, not in-game leaderboard. So once a bigger bear or goat has been submitted, all other normalized scores will change.
KingKong1 wrote:It seems that the cottontail rabbit don't count :?:
I see what you mean - it's not added to the final score and you should move out of the "Incomplete scores" now. I'll check with Tod.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

sebusmalinowski wrote:Not good. There are many mistakes in UHC in this competition, The rabbit does not charge all team for the overall score. Look at the hunt https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/LEFL ... /593269018 and compare with results at UHC. Regards
I'm sorry about that - don't forget that this is only the second team competition with UHC and the first one (Twins) was much easier regarding the scores and entries. This is pretty new territory - I know that Tod and David are sitting at the code and try to fix this.

Actually LEFLOR did shoot the 8926.529 goose - but the leaderboard shows the wrong link. It was this one: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lefl ... /593271864

Please have a little patience... as far as I see it, no animals have been lost, just some wrong calculations a wrong link shown. Keep on hunting and posting, I'm confident that all will work well soon. :)
Image Image Image
sebusmalinowski
Tracker

Post by sebusmalinowski »

A beautiful goose, congratulations LEFLOR. Regards.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

sebusmalinowski wrote:A beautiful goose, congratulations LEFLOR. Regards.
Right on! That's a killer score! I'll put a dollar on that being the benchmark- 89's are VERY hard to come by - I think in my thousands of geese I have 2 - the second coming just this season.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Competitions”